Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accidental Breakthrough
Saw this last week. Sounds promising.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/green-tech/a23417/convert-co2-into-ethanol/
(10-26-2016, 04:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Saw this last week. Sounds promising.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/green-tech/a23417/convert-co2-into-ethanol/

I read that also.

I'm tired of getting my hope up though.  Seems every year there is some great thing that will save us and then you never hear about it again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I hate when you cannot tell the subject of a thread by the title or OP.

Just sayin'
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-26-2016, 05:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hate when you cannot tell the subject of a thread by the title or OP.

Just sayin'

I hate that too. I shoulda posted the whole story but unsure how to do that. 

The title was accidental breathrough and the link says convert CO2 to ethanol. Not trying to keep any secrets. 
(10-26-2016, 05:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hate when you cannot tell the subject of a thread by the title or OP.

Just sayin'

With you on that, bfine. Don't want to have to click an article to find out what the heck it's about.

- - - - - - -

EDIT: Pretty cool article though, Nati. $5 says it never happens in any meaningful amount, though. Just like Roman Concrete being significantly better for the environment than Portland Cement (and stronger), it won't be adapted because no doubt some people will lose money from it happening. Lobbyists will make sure of that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(10-26-2016, 05:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: I read that also.

I'm tired of getting my hope up though.  Seems every year there is some great thing that will save us and then you never hear about it again.

I will keep getting my hopes up. Its just a matter of time before something catches on. Being relatively energy inexpensive and converting CO2 to a fuel that is already widely in use sounds like something that our government needs to invest money in. 

Instead of having to build a bunch of new hydrogen gas stations or new charging stations. There is a good number of gas stations that already carry Ethanol. 

I don't know exactly how it works. But taking the CO2 that is already in the air and turning it into fuel sounds like a better idea than digging and pumping fuel out of the ground and putting more carbon into the air. 
Aren't most scientific breakthroughs accidental?

Just sayin'.
(10-27-2016, 11:25 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Aren't most scientific breakthroughs accidental?

Just sayin'.

That would be interesting to look at.

I'd think most are the result of experiments to get to the breakthrough.

Some, like the ones listed in the story I read on this topic, are completely outside of the experiments desired outcome.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Dear Mr. Adam Rondinone, your retirement check from BP is on the way.
Enjoy !

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk