Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
watching the patriots vs browns, my observation
I'll start off by saying the browns are dumb for drafting another geek in Cody kessler, his picture at the beginning was cheesey. Is he wheedens little half brother?

Watching two drives that game, because I'm not that interested in watching a easy win. Watching Brady, he looked rusty, but still made everything look so easy. Does he tuck and run tuck and run like dalton on 3rd Downs? No he's throwing it to somebody. I seen Brady get some pressure. But Brady is tall and not scared to get hit. He stands in there and delivers. I love that about his game. Now about other things. His crew of white receivers are good short yardage or intermediate route receivers. We really don't have to worry about deep stuff. Gronk is a beast, he's going to get his catches, and tough to bring down. Running backs are good too. O line is a good front.

Defensively they stopped their running game on them two drives. Passing though, kessler drove on them and scored, with little hawk on a long throw. If they can do that, so can we. We have to score on new England to beat them. They really don't have pass rushers either. So dalton should be ok to say the least. I'm not optimistic about this game. But I feel it will be close and a moral victory for us, or we could shock everyone and really beat this team. I would love it because all the haters would be stunned. They'd be talking about Brady was rusty of course, but there would be talk they can be beat. Plus we rub it in Steelers fans faces. I can dream can't I?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 08:31 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: But I feel it will be close and a moral victory for us,

Get outta here with this. No such thing. Either you score more points and win or you score less points and lose, period.

Reply/Quote
Hogan looked like a deep threat to me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 10:11 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Get outta here with this. No such thing. Either you score more points and  win or you score less points and lose, period.

Agreed, there are no moral victories.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 10:11 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Get outta here with this. No such thing. Either you score more points and  win or you score less points and lose, period.

Agreed 100%.

Although your really can't blame Bengals fans for the whole moral victory thing especially against a team/organization like the Patriots.  Our fan-base exudes the "battered wife" syndrome more than any other in American sports.
Reply/Quote
Think the Bengals have a shot if they can get it together per Brady's rust.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Zampese needs to watch that film so we can add, quick slant, screen and seam routes to help out our Offense.

We are way too predictable and run too many curl routes where the CB's know our WR's routes. Atleast with these
routes the WR's can seal off the CB and they cannot do anything about it. This also opens up the run game cause we
get into 2nd and shorts. I truly hope this is what Zampese and our Offense are working on in practice.

Quick slants to our wideouts, screens to our TE's and seam routes to our RB's...

Do it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are better than the Browns and Bengals will want a bounce back game after being humiliated by Dallas.

New England CAN throw deep...I don't get where he says Patriots can't throw deep...Most teams have no answer for Patriots pass catchers and Brady....and I have seen my Bengals give up some deep pass plays this season, every game. .Our DBs are getting lit up and now here comes Tom Brady on a mission to end with a Super Bowl like Peyton Manning. ......Now the man says Patriots have a good O line and they can run and they can pass. I know that no teams have been able to run the ball on them and Bengals can't run anyway. The man says we can pass on them. We will see....

This one looks like Patriots all the way.....but......I can always hope for the fumbles and all the breaks to go Bengals way....I'm hoping Patriots fumble and bumble and have an off day. Any team can have an off day...

If we win, I think we can go 5-3 first half.....otherwise we go 4-4 first half and have to go 6-2 second half of season, which is possible if we get key players healthy.

Chargers just beat Denver by getting ahead early and then turning it over to their defense to hold on the last quarter. It shows there are upsets in the NFL.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:52 PM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals are better than the Browns and Bengals will want a bounce back game after being humiliated by Dallas.

New England CAN throw deep...I don't get where he says Patriots can't throw deep...Most teams have no answer for Patriots pass catchers and Brady....and I have seen my Bengals give up some deep pass plays this season, every game. .Our DBs are getting lit up and now here comes Tom Brady on a mission to end with a Super Bowl like Peyton Manning. ......Now the man says Patriots have a good O line and they can run and they can pass. I know that no teams have been able to run the ball on them and Bengals can't run anyway. The man says we can pass on them. We will see....

This one looks like Patriots all the way.....but......I can always hope for the fumbles and all the breaks to go Bengals way....I'm hoping Patriots fumble and bumble and have an off day.  Any team can have an off day...

If we win, I think we can go 5-3 first half.....otherwise we go 4-4 first half and have to go 6-2 second half of season, which is possible if we get key players healthy.

Chargers just beat Denver by getting ahead early and then turning it over to their defense to hold on the last quarter. It shows there are upsets in the NFL.

Man, some of those so called deep balls were just breakdowns in the Secondary of the Browns. I could of thrown those balls.

It was truly sad Defense the Browns were playing. I doubt we see the same with our Defense after getting our asses handed
to us last game. Our backs will be against the wall, i truly expect a close, hard fought game as long as the O-line plays better.

I keep saying it every week that Ogbuehi is bound to get better with more snaps. This should help the whole team more than
anything, he has tons of talent, he has just been disengaging too early. It is a technique thing. Zeitler is the one that worries
me as it seems mental, but we all know he has played well in the past. Maybe he is in a funk like in baseball or something?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, some of those so called deep balls were just breakdowns in the Secondary of the Browns. I could of thrown those balls.

It was truly sad Defense the Browns were playing. I doubt we see the same with our Defense after getting our asses handed
to us last game. Our backs will be against the wall, i truly expect a close, hard fought game as long as the O-line plays better.

I keep saying it every week that Ogbuehi is bound to get better with more snaps. This should help the whole team more than
anything, he has tons of talent, he has just been disengaging too early. It is a technique thing. Zeitler is the one that worries
me as it seems mental, but we all know he has played well in the past. Maybe he is in a funk like in baseball or something?
Brady and his pass catchers go very deep on more teams than the Browns.  That would be a HUGE mistake by our D to think they can't go deep.  They can go deep probably more than Bengals can go deep. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:16 PM)kevin Wrote: Brady and his pass catchers go very deep on more teams than the Browns.  That would be a HUGE mistake by our D to think they can't go deep.  They can go deep probably more than Bengals can go deep. 

Of course the Pats go deep, i am not saying that they don't. Just saying they are not necessarily a deep ball team.

When Dalton has time he airs it out deep more than Brady does. Brady beats you short and deep with cross routes most of the time.

Not many straight go routes from these guys but of course we should prepare for them.

The Steelers use straight go routes much more and our guys were ready for it, unlike when we played the Broncos lol
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Zampese needs to watch that film so we can add, quick slant, screen and seam routes to help out our Offense.

We are way too predictable and run too many curl routes where the CB's know our WR's routes. Atleast with these
routes the WR's can seal off the CB and they cannot do anything about it. This also opens up the run game cause we
get into 2nd and shorts. I truly hope this is what Zampese and our Offense are working on in practice.

Quick slants to our wideouts, screens to our TE's and seam routes to our RB's...

Do it. Mellow

Idk if you hve read my posts but I've said this is where dalton has excelled and the offense
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:52 PM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals are better than the Browns and Bengals will want a bounce back game after being humiliated by Dallas.

This one looks like Patriots all the way.....but......I can always hope for the fumbles and all the breaks to go Bengals way....I'm hoping Patriots fumble and bumble and have an off day.  Any team can have an off day...

I'm not saying they can't all together, but like the above comment said, they don't run to many go routes, I've done my fair share of reading. And their fans still want a deep threat guy. They got one in hogan I mean he's ok,he was with Buffalo I think. He's not that good. Come on all their receivers are white (im white BTW) and about the same lol besides the tight ends. I worry about our linebackers getting destroyed in pass coverage.they will have a tough task in the run game too. 
Reply/Quote

I know what you are saying lol but I know how our fan base is, they would find positives in hanging in there with the pats. 
Reply/Quote
Did you happen to see New England's offensive line? They are the best in the game because they are coached by the best in the game, Dante Scarnecchia. If Paul Alexander coached that offensive line, Tom Brady would be flattened like a pancake.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 06:50 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Idk if you hve read my posts but I've said this is where dalton has excelled and the offense

I have not seen enough of it honestly but the TE screen has always been great for us.

Automatic first down almost everytime and then some. I don't even think i have seen it called once this season though, WTF?

Slants help out the OL more than any other pass, why don't we call some, WTF?

Seam routes do the same and with Gio coming out of the backfield could be devastating to Defense, WTF Zampese?

(10-15-2016, 12:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Did you happen to see New England's offensive line?  They are the best in the game because they are coached by the best in the game, Dante Scarnecchia.  If Paul Alexander coached that offensive line, Tom Brady would be flattened like a pancake.

You think the Pats OL is better than the Cowboys FIK?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You think the Pats OL is better than the Cowboys FIK?

No, and they're not even close. 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-5-2/

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
So the thought is that Dalton tucks and runs because he's scared? He's less of a QB and man because he won't stand in and take a hit? Have we not been watching the same Bengals team?

Dalton has hung in and taken plenty of shots. He doesn't tuck and run because he's afraid to take a hit, he's trying to make a play. He's trying to help the team. I would say Dalton is a much more agile QB than Brady. Dalton has made plays with his legs since he entered the league. I am by no means saying Dalton is a running threat or anything, but to ignore what he's done before just to say he's scared of a hit is ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
So I saw footage of Bengals vs Patriots preview and announcers and they were all about how no team can defense Patriots passing and they were showing footage this year of pass plays 40 to 50 yards down field. ...Please do not tell me those were dink routes because they have white guys....That isn't what announcers are saying or what game footage shows......If you guys are right, it is the complete opposite of announcers and game film. .....I still think it would be huge mistake for the DBs to be thinking they can't go deep, because they can and do. That's a good way to let these white guys run past you deep for an easy TD. From the pregame show I watched on this game, the Patriots have no problem chucking the ball 50 yards down field......and the Bengals have been getting burned deep....I look for the Patriots to test us deep, and I have doubts that our secondary can stop it.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 03:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No, and they're not even close. 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-5-2/

NE pass blocking is ranked 5th on football outsiders. I don't even think their run blocking even matters considering they have Brady back. The Patriots have one of the best pass blocking OLs in the league.

PFF means nothing to me. I would say that some posters on here are more accurate with any kind of rankings then them.
Reply/Quote