Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
watching the patriots vs browns, my observation
(10-15-2016, 06:37 PM)kevin Wrote: So I saw footage of Bengals vs Patriots preview and announcers and they were all about how no team can defense Patriots passing and they were showing footage this year of pass plays 40 to 50 yards down field. ...Please do not tell me those were dink routes because they have white guys....That isn't what announcers are saying or what game footage shows......If you guys are right, it is the complete opposite of announcers and game film. .....I still think it would be huge mistake for the DBs to be thinking they can't go deep, because they can and do. That's a good way to let these white guys run past you deep for an easy TD.  From the pregame show I watched on this game, the Patriots have no problem chucking the ball 50 yards down field......and the Bengals have been getting burned deep....I look for the Patriots to test us deep, and I have doubts that our secondary can stop it.

Brady does dink and dunk most of the time. He does also go deep a lot. The Patriots throw the ball one of the most in the league, and when you throw the ball more you dink and dunk a LOT more. It's going to seem like he's in a "dink and dunk" offense, but that's only because of the sheer volume of the amount of attempts. You have to watch every part of the field when Brady is out there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 08:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: NE pass blocking is ranked 5th on football outsiders. I don't even think their run blocking even matters considering they have Brady back. The Patriots have one of the best pass blocking OLs in the league.

PFF means nothing to me. I would say that some posters on here are more accurate with any kind of rankings then them.

Pass block ranking is just the adjusted percentage of sacks per pass play. A lot of that is Brady and quick passes. 

They're certainly better than the Bengals but the question that was posed by Nate was, "is their Oline better than Dallas'?", because FIK said NE's line was the best because they were coached by the best. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 08:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Brady does dink and dunk most of the time. He does also go deep a lot. The Patriots throw the ball one of the most in the league, and when you throw the ball more you dink and dunk a LOT more. It's going to seem like he's in a "dink and dunk" offense, but that's only because of the sheer volume of the amount of attempts. You have to watch every part of the field when Brady is out there.

Yep. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 10:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pass block ranking is just the adjusted percentage of sacks per pass play. A lot of that is Brady and quick passes. 

They're certainly better than the Bengals but the question that was posed by Nate was, "is their Oline better than Dallas'?", because FIK said NE's line was the best because they were coached by the best. 

They only had Brady one game this year. They're ranked 5th with a backup and 3rd stringer. The Patriots have had one of the best pass blocking OL in the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 11:40 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: They only had Brady one game this year. They're ranked 5th with a backup and 3rd stringer. The Patriots have had one of the best pass blocking OL in the league.

NE offensive line is not the "best in the game". 

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 12:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: NE offensive line is not the "best in the game". 

They're one of the best in the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 11:40 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: They only had Brady one game this year. 

Garoppolo and Brady were sacked at a rate of .03 per pass attempt. G, 2 sacks on 60 attempts and B, 1 sack on 40 attempts. 
Brissett was sacked at a rate of .11 per pass attempt. 6 sacks on 55 attempts. 

Garoppolo and Brady are similar QBs; quick release, high comp% and 8+ yds per attempt. Brissett is a rookie and isn't either one of them. 

Same line, different results based on the QB. 

I'm still not debating they're not a good pass blocking team. But their Oline isn't the best in the game by any measure. 

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 12:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: NE offensive line is not the "best in the game". 

They're better than Dallas in pass protection too.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 12:17 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: They're one of the best in the game.

'One of' and 'the best' are two different things. You're creating an argument that isn't there. 

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 12:31 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: They're better than Dallas in pass protection too.

Keep building them strawmen! I have plenty of matches. 

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 12:34 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Keep building them strawmen! I have plenty of matches. 

Wasnt the original question if they we're better than Dallas? They're better than Dallas in pass protection, which is pretty much the only thing we have to worry about with them.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Did you happen to see New England's offensive line?  They are the best in the game because they are coached by the best in the game, Dante Scarnecchia.  If Paul Alexander coached that offensive line, Tom Brady would be flattened like a pancake.

(10-15-2016, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You think the Pats OL is better than the Cowboys FIK?

(10-15-2016, 03:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No, and they're not even close. 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-5-2/

(10-16-2016, 12:41 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Wasnt the original question if they we're better than Dallas? They're better than Dallas in pass protection, which is pretty much the only thing we have to worry about with them.

Yes, the question was "are they better than Dallas?". Dallas gashed the Bengals running the ball, not passing. 

Even if the question was, "is NE the best in the game at pass protection?" the answer is no. But that wasn't even the question. The statement was "NE is the best in the game". They're not, by any measure. Better than X is irrelevant. You're creating an argument that's not there. 

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 12:49 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes, the question was "are they better than Dallas?". Dallas gashed the Bengals running the ball, not passing. 

Even if the question was, "is NE the best in the game at pass protection?" the answer is no. But that wasn't even the question. The statement was "NE is the best in the game". They're not, by any measure. Better than X is irrelevant. You're creating an argument that's not there. 

They're arguably the best in pass protection. That's all that really matters for NE. Their offense is all about the pass game. It doesn't really matter if their OL sucks at run blocking considering how often they pass it.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 01:04 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: They're arguably the best in pass protection.

Opinion vs stats. I don't care about all that shit. If you have this deep need to be right, no matter what, go right ahead. IDGAF.  

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 01:12 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Opinion vs stats. I don't care about all that shit. If you have this deep need to be right, no matter what, go right ahead. IDGAF.  

Compare the defenses NE and the other top pass blocking had to face. NE had to play the Cards, Bills, and Texans with JJ Watt. Plus they have had no QB behind that line either. Patriots always have a high teir OL.
Reply/Quote