Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
way to kill any optimism..week 1 meltdown
How long without a win until Marvin gets Fired? 0-4, 0-6.....Or will Mikey just let the whole thing burn to the ground?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good thing we took another WR who cant get on the field. Even if he did the Oline cant block and Dalton cant throw a pass longer than 30 yards without it sailing out of bounds
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:22 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Good thing we took another WR who cant get on the field.  Even if he did the Oline cant block and Dalton cant throw a pass longer than 30 yards without it sailing out of bounds

Ever notice how our QBs regress around here? Hmmmmmmmmmm

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:57 PM)Housh Wrote: Looks like Pittsburg drafted the next great defensive player too guys

TJ Watt with 2 sacks and one pick

Im not worried we have Ced to stop him............fml
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ever notice how our QBs regress around here? Hmmmmmmmmmm

And Dalton's best year (15) was when he worked with an outside coach wasn't it?

Reply/Quote
Im not sure how a team can play worse than this team did today. From the first drive on we looked like we had no idea what we wanted to do and who we wanted to do it. This team has no identity period. This OC has a ton of talent, dont be fooled thinking we dont have good players cause we look bad. We have some great players on offense, plenty to work with but we dont have a coach thats worth a damn. This guy has no idea how to utilize what we have, or how to expose a weakness on the other team. I honestly think if we cleaned house and brought another HC and coordinators in this team would be so much better. It usually takes time but not in this case. No excuse to let a bad team, which Balt is Flacco only completed 9 freakin passes for 120 something yards, but no excuse to look this bad in a home game much less a season opener. Pathetic just flat out garbage.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Dalton's best year (15) was when he worked with an outside coach wasn't it?

[Image: giphy.gif]

.....and now the guy that WAS our QB coach is calling the damn offense! Shocked

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:55 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Im not sure how a team can play worse than this team did today. From the first drive on we looked like we had no idea what we wanted to do and who we wanted to do it. This team has no identity period. This OC has a ton of talent, dont be fooled thinking we dont have good players cause we look bad. We have some great players on offense, plenty to work with but we dont have a coach thats worth a damn. This guy has no idea how to utilize what we have, or how to expose a weakness on the other team. I honestly think if we cleaned house and brought another HC and coordinators in this team would be so much better. It usually takes time but not in this case. No excuse to let a bad team, which Balt is Flacco only completed 9 freakin passes for 120 something yards, but no excuse to look this bad in a home game much less a season opener. Pathetic just flat out garbage.

Completely agree on this.   

Dull as they were Baltimore had a plan on offense...pound the ball, consume the clock, limit Flacco throws with his injury , rely on their defense to give them position/opportunities, get the ball out quick on 3rd down - we had no answer to Whitehead before he went down.

Zamp - i don't know what the focus was..we jumped around the RBs with carries , not using eifert was a mystery to me, did not seem to scheme / protect the young OT's,  we were pretty conservative even when we were way down and needed chunk plays.  We had success on one series by going hurry up for a bit but then never seemed to revisit it.

I know some people thought maybe Hue Jax was a bit 'gimmicky' / too clever at times but he always seemed to be aggressive in his playcalling and even if all the formation moves did not always work least he gave the opposing DC something to think about and showed some creativity....

...I think Zamp is so damn grateful to be given the OC opportunity after all these years he is way too conservative and probably to influenced by Marv/Alexander
Reply/Quote