Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we are going to find out how good driskel is.
If we get hot and start to win assuming its a 5 week injury. if by some miracle we are 9-6 do we start Dalton with our season on the line against Steelers
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:01 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If we get hot and start to win assuming its a 5 week injury. if by some miracle we are 9-6 do we start Dalton with our season on the line against Steelers
Hell no.   :andy:
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:01 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If we get hot and start to win assuming its a 5 week injury. if by some miracle we are 9-6 do we start Dalton with our season on the line against Steelers

Who's going to be the QB next week after Driskel shows up on the injury report Tuesday ? I got it! JOHNNY FOOTBALL!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We will find out that Driskel has only had limited success due to garbage time..
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:09 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: We will find out that Driskel has only had limited success due to garbage time..

Exactly. Dude nearly threw a pick 6 on his first pass. Defenses like Denver and LA are gonna tee off.
Reply/Quote
If Andy does miss time and Driskel doesn't meet everyone's expectations who do we *****, moan, cry, and complain about then? Just curious.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:37 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: If Andy does miss time and Driskel doesn't meet everyone's expectations who do we *****, moan, cry, and complain about then? Just curious.

We could say that Logan Woodside was the next Tom Brady and we just let him drunk drive to Tennessee. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We could say that Logan Woodside was the next Tom Brady and we just let him drunk drive to Tennessee. 

Well played. I guess we could also talk about how Hackenburg is the next Tom Brady and Driskel is blocking his way.

Truth be told, we could put me at QB and I'd be cheered forever for the simple fact I'm not Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:37 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: If Andy does miss time and Driskel doesn't meet everyone's expectations who do we *****, moan, cry, and complain about then? Just curious.

Whoever keeps ignoring the position in the draft.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Whoever keeps ignoring the position in the draft.

While I'd love to believe that, I'm sure Dalton will still get the brunt of the blame for blocking Driskel's path and not giving him the opportunity to work with the first team thus limiting his talent. The positive for Driskel is he will have an undying fanbase even if he went and took a shit in the middle of the B every game because he's not Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:55 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: While I'd love to believe that, I'm sure Dalton will still get the brunt of the blame for blocking Driskel's path and not giving him the opportunity to work with the first team thus limiting his talent. The positive for Driskel is he will have an undying fanbase even if he went and took a shit in the middle of the B every game because he's not Andy Dalton.

Meh, any guy who gets cheered because he isn't the starter is going to find that support fittingly quick to decay as soon as he becomes...the starter.
Reply/Quote
I think we should bring Dan LeFevour back.

[Image: t_500x300]

If he's bagging groceries, perhaps we could get him to lead us to glory...       no??
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Wish we could have drafted Mason Rudolph. But then again, I also wanted Nathan peterman the year before so... Don't listen to me
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 08:17 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Wish we could have drafted Mason Rudolph. But then again, I also wanted Nathan peterman the year before so... Don't listen to me

Peterman? Yikes.

Reply/Quote
Maybe it's time to look at Kaepernick. The Bengals are one injury away from using a wide receiver as the QB. Although, if Sanu were still here, wouldn't be that bad.
Reply/Quote

Never. Not in a million years.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 08:26 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Maybe it's time to look at Kaepernick. The Bengals are one injury away from using a wide receiver as the QB. Although, if Sanu were still here, wouldn't be that bad.

Taking politics completely out of the argument, Colin Kaepernick hasn’t played the game in years. That’s too risky.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Whoever keeps ignoring the position in the draft.
Give me the name of a franchise QB in the 2019 draft. Herbert? Lock? 2020 will have a better QB crop. 2019 is said to be the best draft for OL since 2010. I would rather build the line and then get a quality QB. When they used that strategy with Montoya and Munoz they went to the Super Bowl and Kenny Anderson became HOF worthy.

I will add that if Duke QB Jones is still on the board in the 3rd round take him.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 08:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Taking politics completely out of the argument, Colin Kaepernick hasn’t played the game in years.  That’s too risky.

Not talking as a starter but as a quality backup. I would bet he is as good as most 2nd stringers in the NFL. The Bengals need to get another QB now as Andy is probably out for weeks.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 08:36 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Not talking as a starter but as a quality backup. I would bet he is as good as most 2nd stringers in the NFL. The Bengals need to get another QB now as Andy is probably out for weeks.

He's underweight and his arm is dead. No team wants him....
Reply/Quote