Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
we need to stop sexual talk in schools
(01-06-2023, 03:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Of course you would quote that massive loser, POS, Matt Walsh.

Few on this planet deserve a baseball bat to the face, more than him.

you might not like him but what hes reporting is a problem
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:13 PM)Leon Wrote: you might not like him but what hes reporting is a problem

1. He's virtually lying about what's going on.
2. He's constantly lied and embellished to solidify his incorrect stances.
3. He's an awful human being.

You might not like what he's reporting about, but he's a problem.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Crazy how reading and writing capabilities fluctuate post to post day to day.

Sorry. Sad. I meant sad.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:12 PM)Leon Wrote: none but im not an innocent child being told things that could impact my thinking on it in certain way

for the hunter stuff they should stop. that serves no good an isnt important. 

I think we could try telling innocent kids that seeing gay stuff won't make them gay. They just may be naive enough to buy it.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:13 PM)Leon Wrote: you might not like him but what hes reporting is a problem

He should be reporting on himself, a supposed straight man who has made millions bashing the LGBTQ community is credibly accused of sexually assaulting another man.
How many times do we see conservatives who rant and rage about how evil homosexuality is or about family values and the sanctity of marriage or how pro-life they are turn out to be gay, child molesters, serial adulterers, abandon their children, and push their girlfriends to have abortions?
How often are we hearing about drag shows “grooming” children despite the fact there is ZERO evidence and children aren’t the target audience? How often do conservatives speak out in the confirmed extraordinary wide spread abuse and covered-up sexual, physical, and emotional abuses of children that took and continue to take place in churches of ALL denominations and organizations such as the Boy Scouts?

The hypocrisy of these people is ridiculous. They accuse what they are guilty of only to score political points from the gullible, the uneducated, the ill-informed, or others looking to exploit. And they do it because people like you let them because they echo and feed your own biases.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 05:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: Here's my honest answer, I think the intentions are good. My reasoning is that there is still a huge amount of discrimination against homosexual or otherwise uncommon people around, may my clumsy wording be excused. Discrimination that causes a lot of harm and suffering and even death.
And it is quite often passed on from parents to children. That's what many kids hear, for example how gays are immoral, horrible, deviant people. And there is where school comes in, as a corrective to such teachings. And that very much includes explaining that some people are gay, women loving women, men loving men, and it doesn't mean they are wrong or sick or are allowed to be a target of ridicule or hatred. Every child should hear about that message, and if the parents don't do it, then school should.

On the other hand, I can easily believe that quite some teachers take it too far, meaning further as I would feel perfectly comfortable with. But then again, that's what happens in school and in life, not everything children grasp from their surroundings is 100% age appropriate. School in particular of course should not be a place of such inappropriate ocurrences. But school isn't everything either. Parents still can talk to their children and put things in a different perspective. And that's what I feel when I read complaints like yours. Don't make a huge fuzz about school and rules and laws, use your energy to talk to your children about what they heard in school instead, like you would about something they saw on TV or heard their weird uncle say. All this outrage often is not about the kids really, but about parents that want to be outraged about a certain party, a certain trend or a certain life.

When it comes to teachers, I feel that can be decided on a case to case basis. You Americans really are not that carelessly ultraprogressive. If a teacher takes it too far, most parents will protest it and measures can be taken.

I grew up when gay was just something the Flintstones did and had a gay old time.. Kids kind of picked up on that and then came the gay movements so if you want to piss and moan about deviant gay behavior look no further than Fred, Barney, Wilma and Betty and Pebbles and BamBam.. Oh yeah, and Mr Slate..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: I grew up when gay was just something the Flintstones did and had a gay old time.. Kids kind of picked up on that and then came the gay movements so if you want to piss and moan about deviant gay behavior look no further than Fred, Barney, Wilma and Betty and Pebbles and BamBam.. Oh yeah, and Mr Slate..

When I was a kid the only gay people I knew of were Elton John and Freddie Mercury...I guess I should have been brainwashed into thinking if I was into dudes that I'd become talented and famous.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:59 AM)pally Wrote:  How often are we hearing about drag shows “grooming” children despite the fact there is ZERO evidence and children aren’t the target audience?  How often do conservatives speak out in the confirmed extraordinary wide spread abuse and covered-up sexual, physical, and emotional abuses of children that took and continue to take place in churches of ALL denominations and organizations such as the Boy Scouts?

The hypocrisy of these people is ridiculous.  They accuse what they are guilty of only to score political points from the gullible, the uneducated, the ill-informed, or others looking to exploit. And they do it because people like you let them because they echo and feed your own biases.

This is a perception problem then, which could be easily fixed with laws banning the teaching 

of LGBQT literature and Catholicism. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:59 AM)pally Wrote: He should be reporting on himself, a supposed straight man who has made millions bashing the LGBTQ community is credibly accused of sexually assaulting another man.
How many times do we see conservatives who rant and rage about how evil homosexuality is or about family values and the sanctity of marriage or how pro-life they are turn out to be gay, child molesters, serial adulterers, abandon their children, and push their girlfriends to have abortions?  
 How often are we hearing about drag shows “grooming” children despite the fact there is ZERO evidence and children aren’t the target audience?  How often do conservatives speak out in the confirmed extraordinary wide spread abuse and covered-up sexual, physical, and emotional abuses of children that took and continue to take place in churches of ALL denominations and organizations such as the Boy Scouts?

The hypocrisy of these people is ridiculous.  They accuse what they are guilty of only to score political points from the gullible, the uneducated, the ill-informed, or others looking to exploit. And they do it because people like you let them because they echo and feed your own biases.
Matt Schlapp is the latest self-hating closeted Republican to be accused of sexually assaulting another man.

It's not even shocking anymore.

From a post I made awhile back.

Quote:Some people are stuck in this life of "Conservative in the streets but a Liberal in the sheets". I needed to have a computer repaired and shared an office with another radio station. They recommended a local guy that works out of his garage. He said that he could fix it, but he wanted to make it perfectly clear that he only works Monday through Friday. DO NOT BOTHER ME ON MY WEEKEND. I told him that I had to run my Mom to a bunch of Drs appointments that week and couldn't come back out until Saturday around noon-ish to pick it up. I asked if I paid in advance if he could just set it front of his garage in the tote that I'll bring with the computer when I drop it off. He said fine as long as I call when I leave my office to remind him to put it out front.

When I called, he sounded different. I told him that I was on my way and that I'd be there in 15 minutes. He must have gotten sidetracked after my call because when I pulled in the driveway, no tote. I went to the front door, knocked and heard "OH SHIT!!!" and a bunch of scrambling. "BE THERE IN A MINUTE!!!" After a couple of minutes, he opened the door in a stocking cap, a robe pulled closed with one hand up to his neck and had most of his signs of his upcoming drag queen weekend makeup wiped away. The reason his voice sounded different was because he was mentally in queen mode and had his lips kind of all crunched up almost in that stupid duck lips pose that girls do in photos.

None of my business, live your life as you want but, living where he lives, his career is done if word gets out. As the years went by, the station I shared an office with was sold to someone else. When they started doing facebook ads with a line in there that said "and all of the news that you want to hear". He commented with "Are Biden, Harris and Pelosi DEAD? Because that's the news that I want to hear!" Recognizing him, I clicked on his page and it's all uber macho, anti-gay laced propaganda filled post after post after post. Most of them are dumb but he has to put up a front. Stuff like "Hey, Libs. Wanna know the definition of a man? If you don't need to wear a wig" with the occasional hint of reality thrown in there once in awhile. Most of the hints will be locked into the comments "I am the one your parents warned you about" or "Nobody likes strangers but if they only knew how much stranger I am".

I only directly know of him, but I wonder how many publicly ultra MAGA types are a front? About a decade ago, I worked with two gay guys when I worked produce and when the Bryan Adams song Run To You came on the overhead Muzak, they both chuckled because they knew that I was involved with radio and then told me that it was a gay anthem. I asked how because Bryan Adams isn't gay and they said "Nowhere in that song does he declare that he is singing to a woman. When you have these rich Republican businessmen(their words) cheating on their wives with men from the gay bars and then hear this song, it takes on a whole new meaning."

She says her love for me could never die

But that'd change if she ever found out about you and I
Oh but her love is cold
Wouldn't hurt her if she didn't know, 'cause
When it gets too much
I need to feel your touch
I'm gonna run to you
I'm gonna run to you
'Cause when the feelin's right I'm gonna run all night
I'm gonna run to you
She's got a heart of gold, she'd never let me down
But you're the one that always turns me on
You keep me comin' 'round
I know her love is true
But it's so damn easy makin' love to you
I got my mind made up
I need to feel your touch
I'm gonna run to you
Yeah I'm gonna run to you
'Cause when the feelin's right I'm gonna stay all night
I'm gonna run to you
Oh when the feelin's right I'm gonna run all night
I'm gonna run to you
Oh I'm gonna run to you
'Cause when the feelin's right I'm gonna stay all night
I'm gonna run to you
Oh I'm gonna run to you
Yeah when the feelin's right I'm gonna stay all night
Oh when the feelin's right now
Oh yeah, when the feelin's right now
I'm gonna run to you, oh oh
Yeah I'm gonna run to you, yeah now
Oh I'm gonna to run to you, run to you
Baby, I'm gonna run to you
Oh
Oh, oh, I'm gonna run, run, run right all night now, yeah
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I just finished teaching my unit on Sex & Gender in Sociology with a lesson on LGBTQ+ history. We capped it off by looking at a map of states where it would be illegal for my to have taught those lessons and states where schools are banned from enacting policies that specifically protect students on the basis of sexual orientation and/or gender identity.

I feel fortunate for my students that we live in a state that isn't ass backwards and that we overwhelmingly rejected the GOP's fringe candidate for governor who made baseless claims like the OP, claims that failed to provide any real specifics.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:59 AM)pally Wrote: He should be reporting on himself, a supposed straight man who has made millions bashing the LGBTQ community is credibly accused of sexually assaulting another man.
 How often are we hearing about drag shows “grooming” children despite the fact there is ZERO evidence and children aren’t the target audience?  How often do conservatives speak out in the confirmed extraordinary wide spread abuse and covered-up sexual, physical, and emotional abuses of children that took and continue to take place in churches of ALL denominations and organizations such as the Boy Scouts?

Indeed, the hypocrisy and selective outrage is almost laughable at this point. 

I often ask people who are making these assertions of grooming and predatorial behavior why they aren't demonstrating the same vitriol towards groups / institutions that continue to foster, and be havens for, the most vile examples of such things.

Simply look at the Catholic Church investigations over the past couple of years around the world, including the continuously disturbing develops in Canada. Then, there's the seemingly never-ending rash of cases coming out the Protestant arena of late. Even outside of the religious sphere, we have the Boy Scouts of America and the incredibly nightmarish reality of their history. 

Where are the outraged comments and demonstrations against these entities by the supposed anti-grooming crowd? It doesn't really exist. Crickets. That's the most disturbing aspect in my opinion. Many of the same people who feign outrage and assert that teachers or trans-people are grooming, will turn a blind eye to the actual, verifiable and methodical abuse of children by other groups. 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. He's virtually lying about what's going on.
2. He's constantly lied and embellished to solidify his incorrect stances.
3. He's an awful human being.

You might not like what he's reporting about, but he's a problem.

Matt Walsh's super power is having no shame. There is no level to which he won't sink to if it benefit's him financially.

Reply/Quote
Have you ever seen some old coot on the corner of some busy intersection yelling at clouds and passing cars with a bullhorn surrounded with signs of impending doom for humankind and the end times? I have and I've decided I want to be that guy someday and encourage everyone to follow the Tooth Fairy and practice good oral hygiene..  ThumbsUp
"Brush thy teeth or ye shall go to H E double hockey sticks!" 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 08:58 PM)pally Wrote:

Color me stunned.

But no drag queens. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
I'm a conservative Republican. Many comments about us are baseless. I just don't want anything offensive to me to be publically taught or promoted. Funny how people who are offended by Christian values get up in arms but we're suppose to stay quiet I guess. I learned that many people are ignorant of the church and have no basis for many accusations. Ask the question what would Jesus do? The answer is pretty simple.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:45 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm a conservative Republican. Many comments about us are baseless. I just don't want anything offensive to me to be publically taught or promoted. Funny how people who are offended by Christian values get up in arms but we're suppose to stay quiet I guess. I learned that many people are ignorant of the church and have no basis for many accusations. Ask the question what would Jesus do? The answer is pretty simple.

Jesus taught compassion, empathy, love for your fellow humans despite their “sins”. Jesus fed the hungry, healed the sick, opened his arms to the refugees. He said judge at the risk of being judged. He said only the sinless should call out another’s sins. He wouldn’t recognize today’s brand of evangelical Christianity. He would tell you to stop using him as your excuse to hate or discriminate against your fellow man.

This is the United States of America, a country based on a freedom of ideas and thoughts not religious beliefs. There is nothing in our history or laws that promises you or anyone else a life free from offense. Get over it. This mass hysteria is ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:45 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm a conservative Republican. Many comments about us are baseless. I just don't want anything offensive to me to be publically taught or promoted. Funny how people who are offended by Christian values get up in arms but we're suppose to stay quiet I guess. I learned that many people are ignorant of the church and have no basis for many accusations. Ask the question what would Jesus do? The answer is pretty simple.

So if a fact offends you. You want that fact to not be taught?
Reply/Quote

"I'm a conservative Republican. Many comments about us are baseless."
"I just don't want anything offensive to me to be publically taught or promoted."
"I learned that many people are ignorant of the church and have no basis for many accusations."

You can't make this shit up! 

Seriously, how could anyone make the Christian Right look worse than the Christian Right does every day?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 05:24 AM)pally Wrote: Jesus taught compassion, empathy, love for your fellow humans despite their “sins”.  Jesus fed the hungry, healed the sick, opened his arms to the refugees. He said judge at the risk of being judged.  He said only the sinless should call out another’s sins. He wouldn’t recognize today’s brand of evangelical Christianity.  He would tell you to stop using him as your excuse to hate or discriminate against your fellow man.

This is the United States of America, a country based on a freedom of ideas and thoughts not religious beliefs.  There is nothing in our history or laws that promises you or anyone else a life free from offense.  Get over it.  This mass hysteria is ridiculous.

It's funny how they call people snowflakes and complain about cancel culture,, then constantly cry about being offended and want anything they don't like to get banned. Every accusation is a confession.
Reply/Quote