Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
we're done onto 2016-future signings
WE can yell, scream, *****, moan, etc and nothing will change about Saturday night. So looking ahead at the 2016 season the team has signed several familiar names to future contracts

WR Michael Bennett
LB Jayson DiManche
OG Trey Hopkins
WR Jake Kumerow
TE Matt Lengel
LB Jeff Luc

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:03 PM)pally Wrote: WE can yell, scream, *****, moan, etc and nothing will change about Saturday night.  So looking ahead at the 2016 season the team has signed several familiar names to future contracts

WR Michael Bennett
LB Jayson DiManche
OG Trey Hopkins
WR Jake Kumerow
TE Matt Lengel
LB Jeff Luc

None of those guys will sniff the field in 2016.  But good for them.  They are in the NFL.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:07 PM)McC Wrote: None of those guys will sniff the field in 2016.  But good for them.  They are in the NFL.

Dimanche has looked like an NFL caliber player on special teams in the past. Hopkins was promising until he got hurt.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 08:49 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Dimanche has looked like an NFL caliber player on special teams in the past. Hopkins was promising until he got hurt.

I don't begrudge any of them, honestly.  Problem is, who are they beating out? 

With all the FA's, there will probably be spots open but there will also be a new round of drat picks to contend with.

Is a futures contract different from a regular contract?  Is there a signing bonus involved?  I hear the term but I've never known much about it.

Also, do NFL players even get paid in the offseason?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
A futures contract is just like a regular contract except it doesn't go into effect until the next NFL year. It will count against next years 90 player limit but even though signed now doesn't count against anything for this year

They get paid for off season workouts, OTA's on a per diem basis and any earned bonuses but their base salary is paid out over the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:20 PM)pally Wrote: A futures contract is just like a regular contract except it doesn't go into effect until the next NFL year.  It will count against next years 90 player limit but even though signed now doesn't count against anything for this year

So, right now, it's just a promissory  note of sorts, a job in the future.  Kicks in in Feb. or March or whenever the new year begins?

Thanks.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:04 PM)McC Wrote: I don't begrudge any of them, honestly.  Problem is, who are they beating out? 

With all the FA's, there will probably be spots open but there will also be a new round of drat picks to contend with.

Is a futures contract different from a regular contract?  Is there a signing bonus involved?  I hear the term but I've never known much about it.

Also, do NFL players even get paid in the offseason?

Hopkins can/should've beat out Boling. Boling was just handed a big contract, for what?? I believe unless you get rid of Bodine, you have to shore up the position next to him. From what we saw this year, Boling isn't it...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anybody else notice that James Wilder and Terrell Watson weren't signed?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:29 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Hopkins can/should've beat out Boling. Boling was just handed a big contract, for what?? I believe unless you get rid of Bodine, you have to shore up the position next to him. From what we saw this year, Boling isn't it...

This is just...no...
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 05:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Anybody else notice that James Wilder and Terrell Watson weren't signed?

Giving them a chance elsewhere? Wilder should have made the roster...really sad we refuse to take advantage of his ability
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 05:56 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Giving them a chance elsewhere? Wilder should have made the roster...really sad we refuse to take advantage of his ability

Wilder seemed suprised, judging by his Twitter posts.

Have to wonder if they have futures deals with teams still in the playoffs.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 06:21 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Wilder seemed suprised, judging by his Twitter posts.

Have to wonder if they have futures deals with teams still in the playoffs.

I really hope for Wilder he can land somewhere and get a chance he deserves it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 05:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This is just...no...

No what? You didn't see Boling get pushed back, run around and stunted on every game? I'm all for seeing if he can earn his contract at Center, cause he isn't doing at G...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 09:45 AM)JSR18 Wrote: No what? You didn't see Boling get pushed back, run around and stunted on every game? I'm all for seeing if he can earn his contract at Center, cause he isn't doing at G...

Because that didn't happen. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 05:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Anybody else notice that James Wilder and Terrell Watson weren't signed?

James Wilder Jr was given a contract in Buffalo
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 02:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: James Wilder Jr was given a contract in Buffalo

Buffalo really does love them some Seminoles
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Because that didn't happen. 

What games were you watching? Boling and Bodine were little more than hot garbage...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 03:47 PM)JSR18 Wrote: What games were you watching? Boling and Bodine were little more than hot garbage...

Every single one of them.
If you think Boling is hot garbage then that is exactly what your opinion is.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:03 PM)pally Wrote: WE can yell, scream, *****, moan, etc and nothing will change about Saturday night.  So looking ahead at the 2016 season the team has signed several familiar names to future contracts

WR Michael Bennett
LB Jayson DiManche
OG Trey Hopkins
WR Jake Kumerow
TE Matt Lengel
LB Jeff Luc

DiManche has special teams value. Also a stand up guy. Really enjoyed interviewing him a few years back. I was hoping he'd take the SAM spot away from Lamur.

Kumerow deserves a shot as well. He played pretty well and had some very good practices from what I saw. Think he has a chance to edge out Tate, depending on how this free agency and draft go.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see some more work with Kumerow. The guy has got a wingspan. No idea on quickness or if he can catch the ball, but he's got some reach.
Reply/Quote