Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict whisperer
I can see the movie of the week on NBC, Burfict Wisperer with Kevin Cosner and they'll beat the cavalry in the last second and save the tribe from eminent destruction as the camera gets up close to capture that one fleeting tear then Vontez Burfict looks right to the audience.... "**** the Squeelers!" and walks away into the sunset looking for another rotten booger to sack..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 09:25 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Jim Haslet

Will be a great coach for Burfict and will get his head straight.

I like all the new coaches but this was the best addition.

Not sure i want his head straight with out his fire we probly get blown out in that playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: This is getting downright disrespectful comparing him to a wild dog.  That game had one of the most violent atmosphere's and was one of the most emotional games ive ever seen in the nfl.  The guy cost us 15 yards at the end of a game... a game in which we would have never had a chance to win without his outstanding play.  You guys can sit in your pulpit preaching about something you have never experienced in your life and talk shit about a guy who bleeds black and orange.  You should be thankful to have a player like burfict on your team and understand that he is a young man instead of sitting in your cubicle pounding keys with your cheeto stained fingers.

Yeah, Burfict is getting way too much flack about that game. He has already been suspended 3 games.

I think he will have learned from this experience. He is a great player and i love having him on my team.

To the OP i don't like the Haslett hire from what Fletcher said, but maybe they just didn't get along who knows?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 11:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Big reason why he went undrafted instead of in the first round.

People want (expect?) him to be Luke Keuchly...if he was Luke Keuchly, he would have been drafted and drafted early.

Even though he wasn't your typical undrafted player, it's pretty awesome to get such a good player who was a UDFA.

He had a really really bad combine
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 03:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He had a really really bad combine

The combine was sort of the kicker to all the baggage from college.
Reply/Quote
If I was the Burfict whisperer... I would tell him to knock AB out early in the game instead of on the last drive Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 03:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If I was the Burfict whisperer... I would tell him to knock AB out early in the game instead of on the last drive Cool

Good plan, at the end of the game not so much...
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 05:12 AM)RASCAL Wrote: if you want "***** players" go root for the browns! STFU!!!

We are really upping our game here on thebengalsboard.com. lol
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 01:19 PM)pally Wrote: Getting him to play under control should not be hard to fix with the right people in place.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think turning him around is going to take more than coaching. I think he'd need support of his peers, his family, and perhaps a shrink. One way or another he's going to wind up cutting his career short if he doesn't learn how throttle down. 

He's our Ray Lewis. His presence on the field changes our entire defense. It would be a real shame if he winds up ending his own career, or the career of an opponent through his idiocy.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 10:59 PM)Utts Wrote: We are really upping our game here on thebengalsboard.com. lol

all you ever do is *****. you think you know everything about everything. You know how I know? I just ask you!
AGAIN STFU!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 08:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: We were discussing the exact same thing at work yesterday.  I LOVE Vontaze Burfict.  He just needs to play a tad more controlled to get the refs off his back.  Otherwise , no complaints from me.
And I think he has played more under control this year.   James Harrison said that he didn't think the hit on Brown should have been a penalty - though he admitted by rule it is.  The point being that it was not a dirty hit.  It was a hard football hit made at top speed.

I still think he plays dirty.  You don't see DeCastro pile driving other linebackers into the ground.  You know he's talking and I believe he was probably spitting.

I hope he takes the extras away from his behavior on the field.  But as for his play I thought it was just great football, from the Bell tackle to the Rothlesberger tackles to the Brown hit.

And as far as team play.   I thought we played a clean game.   Adam Jones lost his temper, but the dogs on the field were the Pittsburgh coaches.
Reply/Quote
I love Burfict. Second best D player on the team and he may become the best. I am not knocking him.

He was one of the main reasons why we had game won.

But he has to be smarter.

His hit on Brown did not deserve a 3 game suspension but he has got to know that a flag is coming if he hits a WR like that.

I am hoping a veteran Coach like Haslet will help him take his game to the next level.

Luke is a good role model for Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 07:47 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I love Burfict. Second best D player on the team and he may become the best. I am not knocking him.

He was one of the main reasons why we had game won.

But he has to be smarter.

His hit on Brown did not deserve a 3 game suspension but he has got to know that a flag is coming if he hits a WR like that.

I am hoping a veteran Coach like Haslet will help him take his game to the next level.

Luke is a good role model for Burfict.

Luke doesn't play against the steelers 3 times in a year with the refs screwing us at every turn or maybe he would be blasting fools as well 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 06:08 PM)3wt Wrote: And I think he has played more under control this year.   James Harrison said that he didn't think the hit on Brown should have been a penalty - though he admitted by rule it is.  The point being that it was not a dirty hit.  It was a hard football hit made at top speed.

I still think he plays dirty.  You don't see DeCastro pile driving other linebackers into the ground.  You know he's talking and I believe he was probably spitting.

I hope he takes the extras away from his behavior on the field.  But as for his play I thought it was just great football, from the Bell tackle to the Rothlesberger tackles to the Brown hit.

And as far as team play.   I thought we played a clean game.   Adam Jones lost his temper, but the dogs on the field were the Pittsburgh coaches.

This is an example of how the media can convince someone what they are seeing is different than what is happening.  Our culture loves to be told how to think and most people don't have the critical thinking skills to properly evaluate the situation.  They have coaches verbally and physically getting into altercations with our team.  They have almost 200 yards in pentalities in the game and all people talk about is a bang/bang play where the defender didn't lead with the helmet.  I don't see the media showing replays of the Bernard hit, but it was way worse and ultimately hurt our team worse than a 15 yard penalty.  We lost one of our star players before the game was over and somehow we are scumbags ?  

I want more players like Burfict and Jones on the team then maybe we wouldn't have to worry about a winning the game in the last minute.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 12:03 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yeah I don't think you were being disrespectful and you weren't the one who posted the dog picture.  I think Burfict needs a disciplinarian like Zimmer was.  He has gotten out of control since Guenther took over.  The leg twisting, head hits, etc. happened after Zimmer left.

This post is filled with win!
Reply/Quote