Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
we're done onto 2016-future signings
Well Terrell Watson signed with the Browns. Kinda funny since the latest Hobson's Choice talks about Watson contributing this preseason.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 05:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Well Terrell Watson signed with the Browns. Kinda funny since the latest Hobson's Choice talks about Watson contributing this preseason.

That is just dumb. Did we not offer this guy a contract? Or did Watson and Wilder just figure it would be impossible to make the 53 because of our blind loyalty to Peerman and Burkhead so they moved on
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 05:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That is just dumb. Did we not offer this guy a contract? Or did Watson and Wilder just figure it would be impossible to make the 53 because of our blind loyalty to Peerman and Burkhead so they moved on

My guess is that we decided to move on. I have a hard time believing Wilder didn't want to be here. He seemed shocked on Twitter that he wasn't offered a deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 05:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That is just dumb. Did we not offer this guy a contract? Or did Watson and Wilder just figure it would be impossible to make the 53 because of our blind loyalty to Peerman and Burkhead so they moved on

Peerman was a key to the Bengals ST. He was second in the league in ST tackles with 17 (one behind Brian Peters of Minnesota).

However, it would make more sense that a ST tackle ace takes up, say, a LB or DB spot rather than a RB spot.

Burkhead was someone who underwhelmed me this past year. He was supposed to be a Swiss army knife and the secret weapon for the Bengals. That "secret weapon" turned out to be a whopping 4 rushing yards (1.0 YPC) and 94 receiving yards (9.4 YPC) with one receiving TD.
Perhaps he simply wasn't given the offensive opportunities because of a lack of injuries and a push to feed Gio and Hill.

With that said, I really wanted to see at least one of Watson or Wilder get a shot to contribute. It's a shame we probably won't get to see that in a Bengals uniform.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote