Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
week 1 Injury updates
Ossai is working on the rehab field

Everyone else is practicing. So far things look good starting off

first official report of the season will be out on Wednesday

Denzel Ward remains in the concussion protocol for the Browns. His availability for Sunday remains in doubt especially with his concussion history

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Very nice to be starting off the season very healthy. This bodes well for week 1 and hopefully Ward sits this one out. So glad football is back!
Reply/Quote

and this one will freak people out if they actually believe it...everyone knows he's playing but the media will play it up all week

Reply/Quote
Zac still won't commit to Joe being 100% ready for the game. While he expects him to be a full participant in practice, he is still being listed as day to day

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 02:05 PM)pally Wrote: Zac still won't commit to Joe being 100% ready for the game.  While he expects him to be a full participant in practice, he is still being listed as day to day

Of course he won't commit, let the Browns wonder until the day of!
Reply/Quote
Zac being coy with Burrow still. The Browns are the one team that doesn't fear a healthy Burrow, let alone a hobbled one.

I don't think it effects them much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 02:18 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Of course he won't commit, let the Browns wonder until the day of!

How do you think that will affect their preparation?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 02:18 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Of course he won't commit, let the Browns wonder until the day of!

May as well plan for Burrow if you're the Browns, as Browning is no threat or running a different offense.
If Browning ends up playing, that should just make things easier.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Cracks my shit up that there is still a soul out there that thinks Burrow won't play Sunday.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 03:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How do you think that will affect their preparation?

Probably won't, but most coaches are not going to show their hand until they have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 02:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zac being coy with Burrow still. The Browns are the one team that doesn't fear a healthy Burrow, let alone a hobbled one.

I don't think it effects them much.

Taylor's comment was disingenuous: "We talk way more about Cleveland than we talk about any of this [Burrow's injury]," Taylor said. "I think it's on (the media's) minds. But for us, it's focusing on the game plan. Those are 99.9% of our conversations."

I mean, I think everyone already knows that the game plan is kind of tied to Burrow's status.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38339869/joe-burrow-participating-fully-return-calf-strain
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 04:39 PM)Nepa Wrote: Taylor's comment was disingenuous: "We talk way more about Cleveland than we talk about any of this [Burrow's injury]," Taylor said. "I think it's on (the media's) minds. But for us, it's focusing on the game plan. Those are 99.9% of our conversations."

I mean, I think everyone already knows that the game plan is kind of tied to Burrow's status.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38339869/joe-burrow-participating-fully-return-calf-strain

It's called coach speak. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 03:14 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Probably won't, but most coaches are not going to show their hand until they have to.

Exactly this. There's probably no benefit either way, but why un-muddy the waters when we don't have to. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 05:14 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: It's called coach speak. Rolleyes

Reminiscent of Bill Belichick, who was the master of keeping his plans dark when prodded by the media. Belichick probably could write "The Art of War" when it comes to the NFL.
Reply/Quote

I don’t think they’re wondering. Everyone and their sister knows Burrow is playing. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 06:19 PM)Nepa Wrote: Reminiscent of Bill Belichick, who was the master of keeping his plans dark when prodded by the media. Belichick probably could write "The Art of War" when it comes to the NFL.

I'd buy that book!
Reply/Quote
official report:

DNP
Joseph Ossai-ankle

Full Practice
Joe Burrow-calf
Tyler Boyd-toe
D'Ante Smith-shoulder

Cleveland

DNP
Joe Bitonio-rest
Amari Cooper-rest

Limited
Denzel Ward-concussion
Marquise Goodwin-illness
Juan Thornhill-calf
Alex Wright-knee

Reply/Quote
”Limited - Denzel Ward-concussion”
Hoping he is ok but needs one more week to feel perfect.

&

So excited to get Awuzie back.
Reply/Quote
I'm for any advantage you can get. If Ward misses, that could be critical. I don't like seeing anyone hurt, but I'll take it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

i mean it doesnt really do any good Browns arent gonna spend time preparing for Jake Browning LOL
Reply/Quote