Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
week 1 PS protected players

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Really? Schreck?
Reply/Quote
FWIW....

...Haley is a slot CB type who played for the Giants last year.

Reply/Quote
I don't mind protecting Schreck. From what I saw in last year's preseason and heard in this year's camp, I think he may be a better tight end than Carter. Carter is apparently just better at special teams so gets the roster nod.
Reply/Quote
I like these dudes, but would of protected Patrick.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Morgan Stanley needs protection, with owning a global investment firm and all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 08:06 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I don't mind protecting Schreck. From what I saw in last year's preseason and heard in this year's camp, I think he may be a better tight end than Carter. Carter is apparently just better at special teams so gets the roster nod.

I agree, I think he is a guy that may develop over the course of his second year in the system and may actually open some eyes. 6'5" basket player turned TE that had 651 receiving yards as a senior. He just seems to be the victim of the numbers game and not as versatile as Carter with special teams and H-back. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 09:12 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't think Morgan Stanley needs protection, with owning a global investment firm and all.

Lol, was thinking the same thing ha ha  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 09:12 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't think Morgan Stanley needs protection, with owning a global investment firm and all.

Clearly you've never heard of trickle-down football.    Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 09:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I agree, I think he is a guy that may develop over the course of his second year in the system and may actually open some eyes. 6'5" basket player turned TE that had 651 receiving yards as a senior. He just seems to be the victim of the numbers game and not as versatile as Carter with special teams and H-back. 

I've heard former basket players are very good with their hands.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 08:06 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I don't mind protecting Schreck. From what I saw in last year's preseason and heard in this year's camp, I think he may be a better tight end than Carter. Carter is apparently just better at special teams so gets the roster nod.

Keeping Schreck is interesting.

Given Uzomah has actually produced as a traditional TE who can block but also catch decently well, he gets the nod as the starter. The Bengals were obviously going to make their 2019 2nd round pick as the backup at worst. So that leaves the 3rd TE in an offense where just a single TE is predominantly used.

For that, your 3rd TE has to be able to block well and also play ST. Both of which Carter does.

By keeping Schreck on the PS, they are:
1) Hoping/expecting he becomes good enough at blocking and ST to eventually replace Carter, or...
2) Hoping/expecting he can grow enough into a TE1/2 by the time Uzomah's contract is up after next season
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 07:19 PM)pally Wrote:

Aside from getting Morgan's name wrong, no real surprises here. I think these 4 guys are most likely/ready to play if one guy at their position group gets a knock during practice.

We know Morgan can play on special teams. If S. Williams is a no go Henderson could be active on gameday as the 4th safety. We only have 3 TEs, so ding makes Schreck active. Plus all 3 of those guys were here last year.

I thought Bledsoe might make the roster until the Covington trade. A DT ding probably means A. Brown/Kareem/Hubbard playing more inside, and opening up some DE snaps. Apparently Bledsoe is the most ready of all the DEs.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 09:02 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I've heard former basket players are very good with their hands.  Mellow

Hilarious
Reply/Quote