Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
westerns fans??
westerns have been my favorite shows on the tv since i was little. grew up on them. still watch them everday.

bonanza. wagon train. rifleman, gunsmoke. big valley. rawhide. laramie. lawman. branded. lots of others to. good chanels on the satelite with lots of old classic westerns plus my kids always gettin me dvds of shows and westernm movies for holidays. i got a good collection going now.

any other western fans. what do you like.
Reply/Quote
I haven't watch many western shows but I am a big fan of western movies.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2020, 03:42 PM)magikod Wrote: I haven't watch many western shows but I am a big fan of western movies.

Same here. Never got into the shows, but there's so many good Eastwood and John Wayne westerns. Some good remakes lately, too, with True Grit and Magnificent Seven.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I must be into lists lately.......

Here’s a solid list of modern day western movies that I’ve enjoyed.

3:10 To Yuma
The Quick and the Dead
The Magnificent Seven
Django
Tombstone
True Grit
No Country for Old Men
The Revenant
Dances With Wolves
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2020, 11:41 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I must be into lists lately.......

The Quick and the Dead
The Magnificent Seven
Django
Tombstone
True Grit
No Country for Old Men
The Revenant
Dances With Wolves

I really enjoyed tombstone. 

Reply/Quote
Hard to beat a good western.
Reply/Quote
The best western show currently on starts back up tonight. Yellowstone.

The wife and I have been binge watching the previous episodes to catch ourselves back up.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote

The Quick and the Dead
The Magnificent Seven
Django
Tombstone
True Grit
No Country for Old Men
The Revenant
Dances With Wolves

Quentin Tarantino is work on another Django movie.... Its called Django/Zorro lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

The Quick and the Dead
The Magnificent Seven
Django
Tombstone
True Grit
No Country for Old Men
The Revenant
Dances With Wolves

You seen Hostiles? I keep starting it fairly late at night, and never make it through it. I'll probably give it another try tonight.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

The Quick and the Dead
The Magnificent Seven
Django
Tombstone
True Grit
No Country for Old Men
The Revenant
Dances With Wolves

I agree with every one of those movies, and would like to add Unforgiven to the list.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
"Unforgiven" is one of the best movies (not just western) ever.  People who don't even like westerns will like "Unforgiven".  I hate to sound like some cliched movie critic (I hate most of them), but Eastwood's performance is haunting.  And the story and the characters and the supporting actors are all great.

"The Outlaw Josey Wales", "True Grit" (I actually like both versions), and "The Cowboys" are some of my favorites off the top of my head.  I am sure I will think of other later.

"The Searchers" is often cited as the greatest western ever.  It is a dark movie that deals a directly with the white mans abuse of the natives.  John Wayne is great as a "hero" who is not always a "good guy".

If you like old movie stars and have three hours to kill check out "How the West Was Won".  I believe it has every movie star alive in the 1960's.
Reply/Quote
I take that back.

Godless is a good western show thats on Netflix currently.
Reply/Quote
The Outlaw Josey Wales is my favorite western.

Others I recommend are The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, The Ballad of Lefty Brown, Hell or High Water (maybe more of a crime drama), Bone Tomahawk, The Sisters Brothers, Slow West, In a Valley of Violence to name some of the newer ones I’ve liked.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2020, 09:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The Outlaw Josey Wales is my favorite western.

Others I recommend are The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, The Ballad of Lefty Brown, Hell or High Water (maybe more of a crime drama), Bone Tomahawk, The Sisters Brothers, Slow West, In a Valley of Violence to name some of the newer ones I’ve liked.

Hell or High Water is a great movie! 
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2020, 09:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The Outlaw Josey Wales is my favorite western.

I mistakenly mentioned "High Plains Drifter" in an earlier post when I meant "The Outlaw Josey Wells".

"High Plains Drifter" is a decent movie, but "Josey Wells" is awesome.  Love the old indian character.  And one of my all time favorite movie lines.  .    

Bounty hunter: "Just trying to make a living."
Josey: "Dying ain't much of a living, boy."
Reply/Quote
Are we including western comedies in this thread? Mellow

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 01:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Are we including western comedies in this thread? Mellow

Yeah, Blazing Saddles is next level awesome. A classic and must see.
Reply/Quote
Dances with Wolves and Jeremiah Johnson are two more that I recommend.
Reply/Quote
Hell on Wheels is a great western TV series.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2020, 05:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Hell on Wheels is a great western TV series.

Yes. I watched it on Netflix.
Reply/Quote