Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what about the D tho
That’s not a D. It’s a D-minus.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Aside from the SF debacle, I actually think the D has performed admirably this year. Talented? No. Hell no. But if that pathetic offense of ours could have kept PIT on the sidelines for more than 38 seconds per drive, they'd have likely held them to 17 or less. The D was fantastic vs. SEA and pretty good vs. BUF.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 08:31 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s not a D.  It’s a D-minus.

Perfect.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
One of the things I've noticed is we get roasted alive on 3 plays out of 4 that go outside the tackles.

We don't have LBers with sideline to sideline speed. Couple that with DB's that are not good open field tacklers and it's a recipe for disaster.

I ain't a stat guy or know where to find this info but I'd bet if there are stats out there for plays of 4 plus yards gained outside the Bengals D is leading the NFL there.
Reply/Quote
The defense isn't good, but I don't know if that is because of Lou or the personnel (or both). I was not high on Lou and fully expected the defense to suck, but I feel like within context they have played better than I anticipated. This offense blows and they are really getting the rough end of it.

The run defense is truly pitiful, though, and our linebackers are just horrid.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 08:38 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Aside from the SF debacle, I actually think the D has performed admirably this year. Talented? No. Hell no. But if that pathetic offense of ours could have kept PIT on the sidelines for more than 38 seconds per drive, they'd have likely held them to 17 or less. The D was fantastic vs. SEA and pretty good vs. BUF.

As of now they have had two decent to ok games, with two bad games.

The most glaring issue of the Pitt game is that Pitt was starting a backup qb in his second game. And the two leading receivers were their running backs that combined for over 150 yards. They didn't beat them through the air with receivers or tight ends, they simply outschemed and outsmarted them at the los using their rbs. 

This to me boiled down to coaching and a lack of willpower per se to dictate to the offense what to do. They played on their heels most of the night, especially after halftime, and refused to adjust to force the Steelers to beat them throwing the ball to the receivers. It was a bad performance, from coaching down the players. 

And again, Bengals offense didnt help at times, but were far from the main reason why the D sucked on primetime. They sucked because they just sucked, to elegantly put it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:21 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Yeah the 5 man d-front is simplistic and can be easily game planned for. Plus we were down 3 D- lineman due to injury last night so running a 5 man front wasn't  the best idea considering we didn't have bodies to keep guys fresh. Teams are running on the edges and once they get past the D-line were in trouble because our linebackers can't cover that much ground and our corners are forced to  makes tackles one on one. The front office should be charged with neglect for not addressing the linebacker position. Its sad we can't even play 3 linebackers lol. Can things get worse with Pratt or Evans as the 3 lb ? 

I would have rather seen Pratt out there than Renell Wren.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote