Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who ever the Bengals draft I guarantee
Everyone on here will be like NAILED IT!!! SUPERBOWL!! WOW THEY ARE GENIUSES, but if you look at the mock drafts now their like meh idk I wouldn't do that.
Reply/Quote
I have not changed my pick since day one .... Lol but your right that how it will be regardless.... Or they will say they're idiots why would they make such a stupid pick.
Reply/Quote
My prediction: Many different people will have many different opinions.

That said, I will say the media has been pretty enthusiastic lately for some of our drafts that are looking pretty weak right now.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 03:42 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: My prediction: Many different people will have many different opinions.

That said, I will say the media has been pretty enthusiastic lately for some of our drafts that are looking pretty weak right now.

I agree especially 2015 though I still believe the tackles will turn it around.  I think that 2016 could end up being one of our best in recent memory. We get Andrew billings back hopefully our nt of the future he sure looks the part, wjiii who I think could play some serious snaps this year and be a great corner, Nick vigil looked great and appears to be a starting caliber lb possibly a upper tier one at that, Tyler Boyd looks like an elite slot receiver for years to come, fej looks like a solid St player possibly a peermann replacement Cody core looked good as well. I think Billings, Boyd, and vigil all are solid starters for years to come. Load that up with a solid 2017 ft and we're right there again. Just my 2 cents 
Reply/Quote
I don't know, man. The year they drafted Ogbuehi, followed by Fisher, I definitely thought to myself, "WTF is up with those picks?".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I can't think of many people that were happy about the Ogbuehi and Fisher picks.

Also people were upset about WJIII last year. Although that was mainly due to 1. Us having all these 1st round corners that never play and 2. We needed a WR, BADLY.

We actually have holes and need them filled soon. We need help on the D-line, LB corp, and WR aspect. Throw in a average to below average center and a running attack that has been struggling mightily. Oh. And possibly losing Zeitler.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 09:19 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Everyone on here will be like NAILED IT!!! SUPERBOWL!! WOW THEY ARE GENIUSES, but if you look at the mock drafts now their like meh idk I wouldn't do that.

You're kind of annoying, aren't you?

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 01:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, man.  The year they drafted Ogbuehi, followed by Fisher, I definitely thought to myself, "WTF is up with those picks?".

Pretty sure a good majority of the board said the same thing.

Sure some people tried to talk themselves into it but what are we supposed to do at that point? ***** and moan for a year? Dudes on the team and everyone was hoping for the best and trying to talk themselves into it being a solid pick.

Same thing happens with EVERY fanbase, as a Hornets fan we made an absolute shitty trade this week and while 50% are in sky is falling mode the other 50% is trying to justify it. Just the way it is, every fan wants the player that there team gets to be good.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 09:19 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Everyone on here will be like NAILED IT!!!  SUPERBOWL!!  WOW THEY ARE GENIUSES,  but if you look at the mock drafts now their like meh idk I wouldn't do that.

Couldn't disagree with this more.  In fact it's usually the complete opposite.

Almost everyone gets on here and says that the Bengals missed.
Reply/Quote
I dunno.

I found the Jackson pick to be legitimately unusual. I hated the Ogbuehi pick. I loved the Dennard pick. Wasn't thrilled with the Eifert pick at the time but gave it a chance. Hated the Dre pick and trading down for Zeitler with DeCastro on the board (although liked the Zeitler pick in a vacuum). And, obviously, loved the Green pick, though a lot of people wanted either Peterson or Gabbert.

I think we're pretty good at looking at our picks objectively.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 03:20 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You're kind of annoying, aren't you?

I know you are but what am i?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 01:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, man.  The year they drafted Ogbuehi, followed by Fisher, I definitely thought to myself, "WTF is up with those picks?".

Yeah, i did try to justify it afterwards as Bob here says though.

Initial thoughts seemed to be correct damn it.

(02-04-2017, 04:22 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Pretty sure a good majority of the board said the same thing.

Sure some people tried to talk themselves into it but what are we supposed to do at that point? ***** and moan for a year? Dudes on the team and everyone was hoping for the best and trying to talk themselves into it being a solid pick.

Same thing happens with EVERY fanbase, as a Hornets fan we made an absolute shitty trade this week and while 50% are in sky is falling mode the other 50% is trying to justify it. Just the way it is, every fan wants the player that there team gets to be good.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2017, 12:18 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I dunno.

I found the Jackson pick to be legitimately unusual. I hated the Ogbuehi pick. I loved the Dennard pick. Wasn't thrilled with the Eifert pick at the time but gave it a chance. Hated the Dre pick and trading down for Zeitler with DeCastro on the board (although liked the Zeitler pick in a vacuum). And, obviously, loved the Green pick, though a lot of people wanted either Peterson or Gabbert.

I think we're pretty good at looking at our picks objectively.
My feelings exactly, almost cried with Ogbuehi, just plain dumb pick, absolute waste. This year I want Corey Davis, Hooker, Fournette. Reuben is cool, but he is a burfict clone and he leads with his head, concussion protocol all day long. Corey Davis is the missing link for sure.
Reply/Quote