Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who goes when Burfict returns?
I am assuming that Burfict will be ready to come off of PUP after the Bills game. He's got the bye week to get ready for Pitt. Who loses their spot on the main roster? right now my guess is that either Uzomah or Hardison are placed on IR which allows us to protect them against the waiver wire or getting poached from the practice squad.

Also, we are so focused on Burfict that we forget that Sean Porter will alos be elgible to come off of PUP. Our LB depth could use a boost. Have we heard anything on his progress? Will he be ready to go?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:01 PM)pally Wrote: I am assuming that Burfict will be ready to come off of PUP after the Bills game. He's got the bye week to get ready for Pitt. Who loses their spot on the main roster? right now my guess is that either Uzomah or Hardison are placed on IR which allows us to protect them against the waiver wire or getting poached from the practice squad.

Also, we are so focused on Burfict that we forget that Sean Porter will alos be elgible to come off of PUP. Our LB depth could use a boost. Have we heard anything on his progress? Will he be ready to go?

Sean Porter will come off PUP make 1 tackle and go to IR
Reply/Quote
Not sure if Burfict is healthy enough to play yet...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So have we used Carter lately?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So have we used Carter lately?

He has only been used occasionally on defense but he plays a lot of ST.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:20 PM)djs7685 Wrote: He has only been used occasionally on defense but he plays a lot of ST.

cool wasnt suggesting he should go or anything just hadnt heard his name called in a while.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: cool wasnt suggesting he should go or anything just hadnt heard his name called in a while.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Jim O mentioned that it will likely be a guy like Little getting bumped off the roster when we need to get rid of someone, assuming no major injuries by then of course.

I can't imagine it will end up being anyone that has been active every week so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:25 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah, I'm pretty sure Jim O mentioned that it will likely be a guy like Little getting bumped off the roster when we need to get rid of someone, assuming no major injuries by then of course.

I can't imagine it will end up being anyone that has been active every week so far.

Little was looking the best ive ever seen him this preseason... But hes buried deep but yeah someone that hasnt been active once will probly get the axe.
Reply/Quote
I agree. Little.

Then most likely Hunt when/if Ogbuehi returns.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree. Little.

Then most likely Hunt when/if Ogbuehi returns.

would little go before say 7th rounder Alford?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: would little go before say 7th rounder Alford?

I'd like to think so.

Little has had much more time to be "meh" than Alford. I don't think Alford is anything special but you never know, he could be considered a late round gem in the future and we already know what we have with Little.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:45 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd like to think so.

Little has had much more time to be "meh" than Alford. I don't think Alford is anything special but you never know, he could be considered a late round gem in the future and we already know what we have with Little.

my thought is which one would help us more down the road if one of the current top 4 AJ Sanu Jones Tate got banged up.... a vet like little or a rookie like alford.
Reply/Quote
A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six weeks of the regular season. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: my thought is which one would help us more down the road if one of the current top 4 AJ Sanu Jones Tate got banged up....  a vet like little or a rookie like alford.

Keep Little for injury insurance or keep Alford for future potential.

There's also a possibility that Little could be cut and still available down the road if needed. I don't think it would be a guarantee that another team hurries to sign him.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:50 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Keep Little for injury insurance or keep Alford for future potential.

There's also a possibility that Little could be cut and still available down the road if needed. I don't think it would be a guarantee that another team hurries to sign him.

seems like there have been a lot of WR injuries.  I would think he would at least get a look somewhere.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:49 PM)spazz70 Wrote: A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six weeks of the regular season. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.

yeah we used that full 5 weeks with mccarron last season and the the additional 3 week window. which activated him week 14 i believe.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:01 PM)pally Wrote: I am assuming that Burfict will be ready to come off of PUP after the Bills game.  He's got the bye week to get ready for Pitt.  Who loses their spot on the main roster?  right now my guess is that either Uzomah or Hardison are placed on IR which allows us to protect them against the waiver wire or getting poached from the practice squad.

Also, we are so focused on Burfict that we forget that Sean Porter will alos be elgible to come off of PUP.  Our LB depth could use a boost.  Have we heard anything on his progress?  Will he be ready to go?

It is a tough one, but Carter would be my first cut. I don't see us adding a LB and cutting a WR since we only have 4 WR's dressed each week and 6 total on the roster. Alford is very fast, but also a rookie and raw so it would concern me being forced to use Alford in place of AJ or Jones. I think we have a lot of slot options with Sanu, Burkhead or Gio in addition to Alford so we lack depth on the outside if we cut Little.

The Bengals have 3 weeks to makes decisions on Burfict. I could see them giving Uzomah more time. We have been extremely fortunate thus far and lost no guys in 2015 due to injury. Unfortunately, my guess is our luck runs out soon so roster spots will start opening due to injury.

As far as Porter, again I think we wait until week 8 to decide how to proceed if Burfict is ready and the priority.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 05:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is a tough one, but Carter would be my first cut.

As far as Uzomah, he is not on the roster now, he has never practiced and has the same status as Burfict. The Bengals have 3 weeks to makes decisions on Burfict and Uzomah. I could see them giving Uzomah more time. We have been extremely fortunate thus far and lost no guys in 2015 due to injury. Unfortunately, my guess is our luck runs out soon so roster spots will start opening due to injury.

As far as Porter, again I think we wait until week 8 to decide how to proceed if Burfict is ready and the priority.

pretty sure he is on the roster just hasnt been active... Hes not on the pup list cause he played in the preseason
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Sean Porter will come off PUP make 1 tackle and go to IR

I've heard of this guy.  I won't really believe he even exists until I see him on the field, or at least in uniform on the sidelines.  Somebody thinks he can play, obviously.   But he'll be on a second deal before he plays a down.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 05:56 PM)McC Wrote:   Somebody thinks he can play, obviously.   

We just kept him on the PUP because there was no reason not to.  Our LB corps in very thin.  No reason not to keep him around in case we had another couple of injuries at that position.  If I understand it correctly we could keep control of Porter for up to 14 weeks.  Even though Porter has never shown anything on the filed he may be a better option than what we could sign off the street.  If nothing else he would have the advantage of knowing our schemes.

Anyone remember when we had Robert Geathers and Kevin Kaesveharn lining up at LB?  I think it was '07.
Reply/Quote