Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who goes when Burfict returns?
Who goes? The opposing team! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 05:56 PM)McC Wrote: I've heard of this guy.  I won't really believe he even exists until I see him on the field, or at least in uniform on the sidelines.  Somebody thinks he can play, obviously.   But he'll be on a second deal before he plays a down.

[Image: ph1YCpv.jpg?1]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:50 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Keep Little for injury insurance or keep Alford for future potential.

There's also a possibility that Little could be cut and still available down the road if needed. I don't think it would be a guarantee that another team hurries to sign him.

Exactly what I was thinking. There's a good chance Little will be available later if we need him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
No one still knows anything for sure with Burfict. Marvin is mum as usual and there has been no timetable given for a return. Personally I am not expecting much from him if he does actually come back at some point. Maybe he will be back in full form by the playoffs, as that is my best hope at this point. But I would think it would be Little to go if he does come back.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 08:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We just kept him on the PUP because there was no reason not to.  Our LB corps in very thin.  No reason not to keep him around in case we had another couple of injuries at that position.  If I understand it correctly we could keep control of Porter for up to 14 weeks.  Even though Porter has never shown anything on the filed he may be a better option than what we could sign off the street.  If nothing else he would have the advantage of knowing our schemes.

Anyone remember when we had Robert Geathers and Kevin Kaesveharn lining up at LB?  I think it was '07.

Hmm.  Nothing against Porter, but are you saying keep Porter on the 53 man roster after he is off PUP if Burfict stays on PUP?  One has to wonder if we would be better off playing Dawson more and getting a better rotation between Dawson and Hawk.  For Porter, its just been a case of wrong injury at the wrong time.  I'm sure that it has been very discouraging for him not being able to stay healthy which resulted in no defensive snaps at LB since he was drafted in 2013.   

One could argue that Trevor Roach might be a better option than Porter when it comes to knowing our schemes.   I do agree, that it is a difficult situation with LB's on PUP and the those on the current roster.  Having said that, we are 5-0 at this point with the current LB lineup that we have now on the 53 man roster. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 10:00 PM)SFmajor Wrote: Hmm.  Nothing against Porter, but are you saying keep Porter on the 53 man roster after he is off PUP if Burfict stays on PUP? 

No.  I am saying keep Porter for as long as possible before he counts toward our 53.  The only way he has a shot at the 53 is if we have a rash of injuries at LB.

As I understand it a player on PUP has to sit 6 weeks.  Then there is a 5 week window where the team has to decide to let him start practicing or place him on IR.  Then once he starts practicing the team still has another 3 weeks before he counts toward the 53.  So we could keep him in reserve on PUP for up to 14 weeks.

Is that correct?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 10:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I am saying keep Porter for as long as possible before he counts toward our 53.  The only way he has a shot at the 53 is if we have a rash of injuries at LB.

As I understand it a player on PUP has to sit 6 weeks.  Then there is a 5 week window where the team has to decide to let him start practicing or place him on IR.  Then once he starts practicing the team still has another 3 weeks before he counts toward the 53.  So we could keep him in reserve on PUP for up to 14 weeks.

Is that correct?

I thought Jim O. stated in his thread that once a player practices, they have to go on the 53 man roster immediately.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:01 PM)pally Wrote: I am assuming that Burfict will be ready to come off of PUP after the Bills game.  He's got the bye week to get ready for Pitt.  Who loses their spot on the main roster?  right now my guess is that either Uzomah or Hardison are placed on IR which allows us to protect them against the waiver wire or getting poached from the practice squad.

Also, we are so focused on Burfict that we forget that Sean Porter will alos be elgible to come off of PUP.  Our LB depth could use a boost.  Have we heard anything on his progress?  Will he be ready to go?

Barring any injuries that sends someone to IR, I believe it should come down to Little or Hunt or Lewis-Harris.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 05:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is a tough one, but Carter would be my first cut.

As far as Uzomah, he is not on the roster now, he has never practiced and has the same status as Burfict. The Bengals have 3 weeks to makes decisions on Burfict and Uzomah. I could see them giving Uzomah more time. We have been extremely fortunate thus far and lost no guys in 2015 due to injury. Unfortunately, my guess is our luck runs out soon so roster spots will start opening due to injury.

As far as Porter, again I think we wait until week 8 to decide how to proceed if Burfict is ready and the priority.

Every time I watched Nick Boyle make a play against us (and he was the stud BLOCKING TE I wanted), I cringed that we selected Uzomah over him.  Baltimore selected him three picks after we selected Uzomah. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Every time I watched Nick Boyle make a play against us (and he was the stud BLOCKING TE I wanted), I cringed that we selected Uzomah over him.  Baltimore selected him three picks after we selected Uzomah. 

I screwed up on Uzomah, confusing him with our first round pick.

I try to not get excited and or upset with draft picks, especially anything round 4 or later as they are a huge crap shoot in my opinion. I don't know if Boyle or Uzomah will end up with the better career yet.

I feel the Bengals felt the best blocking TE was Kroft so they did not want 2 rookie blocking TE's as Boyle was not rated high as a pass catcher.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 05:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: pretty sure he is on the roster just hasnt been active... Hes not on the pup list cause he played in the preseason

Yep, I screwed that one up so I edited my post. I blame it on old age. :angry:

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 09:31 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep, I screwed that one up so I edited my post. I blame it on old age. :angry:

All good it happens lol none of us are getting younger
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Sean Porter will come off PUP make 1 tackle and go to IR

You think we'll finally see Porter make his first NFL tackle in only his third season as a pro? Your optimism impresses me.

As far as who should go, Little as has been said earlier would be the natural choice. He'll almost certainly still be available if he's re-needed, and if he's not, the other options on the street likely aren't that much worse either.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 12:23 PM)Ravage Wrote: You think we'll finally see Porter make his first NFL tackle in only his third season as a pro? Your optimism impresses me.

As far as who should go, Little as has been said earlier would be the natural choice. He'll almost certainly still be available if he's re-needed, and if he's not, the other options on the street likely aren't that much worse either.

I disagree on little who had a fine training camp. and seems to know the offense now.

A 7th round rookie would be easier to place onto the PS or a guy like Lewis Harris will always be available when we come calling.

If push came to shove and we had to play either little or alford i'd feel better playing little personally.
Reply/Quote