Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why did we draft a guard in the first round?
(02-24-2017, 02:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Pittsburgh did this deal with DeCastro solely to screw over the Bengals. They knew that by setting the market to an outrageous number for guard, the Bengals would allow Zeitler to walk and therefore the team would be worse.
Just wait, next year you'll see DeCastro and the Steelers restructure the deal to be more in the ballpark of $8 mill a year Ninja

That would be pretty genius by them if this is the case.

All the more reason to go out and get a run blocking Guard like Warmack or Leary and beat them up in the run game.

Bring back Whit, sign one of these Guards and Wisnewski. Draft Dalvin Cook or Fournette, bam mother *****!!! Shocked
Reply/Quote
Since this team has basically sucked at the Center position for many years and that our coaches who believe they can mold anyone into anything...  makes you wonder why they never tried Z at that position?

Not saying he'd be any good or had any experience.

It's just seems like something they would have tried.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 05:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I created a thread on this also. I have no clue.

The one thing I can think is the Bengals wanted a guy to play on a rookie contract for 5 years then would replace him.

Ideally they would have drafted and started grooming his replacement 2 years ago.

Perhaps they have?  I took a little time and reviewed the draft profiles of all of our bench OL.  Trey Hopkins is the only one with the specific skill set that is typically associated with a RG. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We drafted a G in the first round so we could get him to his prime and then wish him a fond farewell.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 12:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Since this team has basically sucked at the Center position for many years and that our coaches who believe they can mold anyone into anything...  makes you wonder why they never tried Z at that position?

Not saying he'd be any good or had any experience.

It's just seems like something they would have tried.

Well Boling actually has played Center in practice and as bad as Bodine plays at Center he might not be a bad Guard.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 04:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well Boling actually has played Center in practice and as bad as Bodine plays at Center he might not be a bad Guard.

Hmmm Hmm

I wouldn't mind seeing that, and giving someone else a crack at the Center position.

Just for the fact that Bodine snaps the ball so poorly(low)and is a basic fundamental function...

I have about zero confidence in our O-Line coach.  Zilch.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 08:57 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hmmm Hmm

I wouldn't mind seeing that, and giving someone else a crack at the Center position.

Just for the fact that Bodine snaps the ball so poorly(low)and is a basic fundamental function...

I have about zero confidence in our O-Line coach.  Zilch.

Not saying it is the solution but it is a thought similar to what you brought up.

Would rather us just bring in Mangold or better yet Wisnewski who both have experience playing Center in the NFL.

But you know i agree in the confidence in PA. He needs to be replaced and then the entire franchise would celebrate.

Even if the new guy wasn't good it might be like a water pill.

Mentally we would all be healed lol
Reply/Quote