Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will Ravens score on first possession
I would say this is highly likely.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 11:00 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I would say this is highly likely.

Well we know they (like every other team we face) will be much better prepared to start the game than our defense. So I'd give them a 99.9% chance of getting a TD their first drive
Reply/Quote
Tough to say. They've played the Ravens so tough the past few years. Defense has played much better the past two weeks and the Ravens' offense is nothing to write home about. Nonetheless, Bengals seem to lack the fire to start a game that other teams show (as leonardfan40 pointed out).
Reply/Quote
Hasn't practically every team scored on the first drive? Why would this be any different? Ninja
Reply/Quote
The way this D seems to come out with the "let's go thru the motions and not really try" game plan, on the first series.

I wouldn't doubt it.
Reply/Quote
After watching how soft they started the game last week I would say that it is likely.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 11:39 AM)GodFather Wrote: Hasn't practically every team scored on the first drive? 

Six of ten.
Reply/Quote
Statistically you have the number 10 offense (Bengals) going against the number 2 defense (Ravens) and the number 23 offense (Ravens) going against the number 23 defense (Bengals)
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Six of ten.

That's pathetic! On par with the season though.
Reply/Quote
Yes they will because as we all know Guenther has failed in almost every game to get this defense properly prepared.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Six of ten.

Ouch...and here I thought people were probably exaggerating the issue. 

That's a serious problem.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
They'll march into the red zone, but the D will clamp and we'll hold them to a FG. After that, who knows?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Heck, I'm concerned the Ravens will score every possession. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
[Image: magic-8-ball.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 08:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: magic-8-ball.jpg]
[Image: puddy-8ball.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maybe they should stop ***** deferring til the second half when they win the toss... Just a thought.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If they get 8 possessions before halftime I'm afraid they'll score on at least 5 even if it is field goals
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 11:25 PM)jason Wrote: Maybe they should stop ***** deferring til the second half when they win the toss... Just a thought.

Oh hell no bro then we won't have a chance if we start the game off bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 05:04 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: They'll march into the red zone, but the D will clamp and we'll hold them to a FG. After that, who knows?

This is what I was going to predict, though I was beaten to it. 

But I do have Terrance West starting this week on my fantasy team, just because I've spend all season scouting our defense LOL
Reply/Quote
Our defense is not bad in points allowed......We are not as good as Seattle or Dallas but we are far from Browns and 49ers... Our D has kept the game scores low enough to win........but our offense really blows. Mostly our offensive line all year, they stink...but Nugent stinks....all receivers except AJ Green stink....Dalton stinks this year....our RBs haven't had much of a chance with this lousy O Line.....mostly new OC Zampese stinks....So I don't see our D being the problem.......Baltimore D might pitch a shut out to our stinking lousy offense. ...That is not our defenses fault.......No blocking. No separation by our receivers. No running lanes. Dalton off target. Zampese calling 3 yard plays on 3rd and 10. 1, 2, 3 punt.....dink play, dink play, dink play....Worse than Brat, far worse than Brat. ....Zampese has no guts and his wicky wacky O line shifts don't fool anybody....and the O is so slow. No hurry up and the D gets to sub players.....We must have scrapped the hurry up, which is a shame. We do better up tempo.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote