Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will Ravens score on first possession
(11-25-2016, 02:21 PM)kevin Wrote: Our defense is not bad in points allowed......We are not as good as Seattle or Dallas but we are far from Browns and 49ers... Our D has kept the game scores low enough to win........but our offense really blows. Mostly our offensive line all year, they stink...but Nugent stinks....all receivers except AJ Green stink....Dalton stinks this year....our RBs haven't had much of a chance with this lousy O Line.....mostly new OC Zampese stinks....So I don't see our D being the problem.......Baltimore D might pitch a shut out to our stinking lousy offense. ...That is not our defenses fault.......No blocking. No separation by our receivers. No running lanes. Dalton off target. Zampese calling 3 yard plays on 3rd and 10.  1, 2, 3 punt.....dink play, dink play, dink play....Worse than Brat, far worse than Brat. ....Zampese has no guts and his wicky wacky O line shifts don't fool anybody....and the O is so slow.  No hurry up and the D gets to sub players.....We must have scrapped the hurry up, which is a shame. We do better up tempo.

While I agree with most of what you've said here about the offense stinking this year, Dalton has been pretty stellar, IMO....  dude has taken a beating all year and I've been impressed with him and his play despite that...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 11:00 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I would say this is highly likely.

They have a running back and a TE healthy.  That spells doom for a Bengal's defense that has pathetic LB play and no pressure from the front four.  

I think the Ravens will come out firing deep early and often.  I just hope one of those gets picked off early or it is going to be a very long day.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 10:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the Ravens will come out firing deep early and often.  I just hope one of those gets picked off early or it is going to be a very long day.  

Well there's a good chance of that happening. Flacco hasn't had an INT-free day against the Bengals since 2012 and has multiple INTs in 3 of his last 5 games against us.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We can take the nililstic approach with the firm conviction that if Baltimore doesn't score like gangbusters and we gawdforbid actually win this one walking away it's only going to cement Marvin and his merry band of assistant coaches as the face of next year's reign of terror once again. Perhaps we'll get lucky and Baltimore's entire 1st and 2nd string comes down with some mysterious illnesses and we lose 68-0.. That would ensure Marvin keeps his job till he dies of old age and all future teams will be coached by a video recording of 'We just have to play better.'...clap clap and of course .... clap.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
yes
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 12:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well there's a good chance of that happening. Flacco hasn't had an INT-free day against the Bengals since 2012 and has multiple INTs in 3 of his last 5 games against us.

I hope so, but he also finally has Perrimen, Smith Sr, and Wallace healthy.  That, as we have seen with Dalton, makes a difference.  
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna go on a limb here and say no. The worse case scenario is Baltimore getting to Cincy's side of the field and Justin Tucker has to kick a FG.

We've played the Ravens tough for the last few years, with or without AJ Green.

The Home match-up in 2014 where AJ Green and a ton of other players were out is actually one of the most memorable games i've watched the last few years.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hope so, but he also finally has Perrimen, Smith Sr, and Wallace healthy.  That, as we have seen with Dalton, makes a difference.  

I would see your point if this was just last year, but Flacco has been awful against the Bengals throughout his career, no matter who his receivers have been. That includes when he had Boldin, Torrey Smith and Pitta, which is comparable to his current situation.

While the receivers you mention are all having fine seasons, Flacco hasn't shown any improvement with them all healthy. He's having a poor season honestly. I agree that good (and healthy) receivers usually make a big difference, but for Flacco, they're really not for whatever reason. 

Dalton is having a superior season with inferior weapons.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Nope. I'm going out on a limb and saying the defense plays a great game today without Shawn Williams. (Unfortunately they are also without Smith though).
Reply/Quote