Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
workouts
(09-03-2019, 06:48 PM)pally Wrote: Jags not Bucs

It is not like a great OL guy is walking around on the streets. If we need one we are looking for the best of bad

This

It's not like Gene Upshaw and Anthony Munoz are out there jumping up and down yelling pick me, pick me. Whatever we get is likely gonna be a project.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 10:55 AM)sandwedge Wrote: What's with the love affair with Coney around here? 

Cheese Coney's are good?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 10:55 AM)sandwedge Wrote: What's with the love affair with Coney around here? 

Hes a rookie who was brought in for a pre draft workout and interview.

Was one of the nations best linebackers last year.

Was defensive captain of the number 5 college football team in the country.

Had 130 tackles 4 sacks 9.5 tackles for loss 1 pick last year.

was all over the field for notre dame last year.

Most importantly our linebackers suuuuuuuuuck.  this is a rookie who could be a real thumper and a undrafted steal.  this team at oline and backer should be giving everyong with potential a shot.  this guy has potential coming out his azz.  only knock is his 40 time which was a 4.72 but his instincts are off the charts and that always makes up for in game speed.  like it did for burfict until he started showing up out of shape.
Reply/Quote
Edit:

I misread the OP

I am glad they are checking out Marshall, they may see he has a lost a step and not worthy, but prior to his injury was a good cover LB

I am impressed they are looking at a lot of guys. Edit: Never mind I am not impressed more business as usual ML style

Luke Wilson is also interesting as used to be a decent TE who blocked well and can catch passes. Casey as the TE coach gives me confidence if we say yay or nay.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 01:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am glad they are checking out Marshall, they may see he has a lost a step and not worthy, but prior to his injury was a good cover LB

I am impressed they are looking at a lot of guys.

Luke Wilson is also interesting as used to be a decent TE who blocked well and can catch passes. Casey as the TE coach gives me confidence if we say yay or nay.

Those are other teams...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 11:01 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This

It's not like Gene Upshaw and Anthony Munoz are out there jumping up and down yelling pick me, pick me. Whatever we get is likely gonna be a project.

this comment has downs.... noone in here is looking for munoz or upshaw lol we are just looking for potential improvments at the linebacker or oline.  and it wouldnt take a uoshaw or munoz to do so.  it would take a Coney or Kalil to do so.  Kalil will provide solid depth in a swing tackle role at a high valued position we desperatley need depth at.  he can play the eric winston role and Linebackers again would not take a hall of fame player to improve it.  coney would again provide high ceiling depth when we know we have bums in evans and vigil on the damn field and pratt has not looked good in preseason.  coney is another body who was a stud in college on a big time top 5 team and was one the nations top linebackers.  we watched Mack wilson pass us by 5 rounds in a row and now hes playing well for cleveland at some point u have to make an effort to address ur major glares.  coney is at the very least and effort.  
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 01:15 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Those are other teams...

TY, I edited ny post.

Now I am not impressed with ZT, he is ML clone it appears with roster additions
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 01:10 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Hes a rookie who was brought in for a pre draft workout and interview.

Most importantly our linebackers suuuuuuuuuck.  this is a rookie who could be a real thumper and a undrafted steal.  this team at oline and backer should be giving everyong with potential a shot.  this guy has potential coming out his azz.  only knock is his 40 time which was a 4.72 but his instincts are off the charts and that always makes up for in game speed.  like it did for burfict until he started showing up out of shape.
Then why is he available? Just a lateral move IMO
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Then why is he available? Just a lateral move IMO

not sure man. but a lateral move lol bro our linebackers are really not good. coney right now is a better backer than evans atleast...evans has proven to be soft as a muffin and everything about coney i just stated was true.  u know what else is true.. the bengal backers are horrid most importantly evans.  coneys resume coming in as a rookie is light years above evans.  evans has been here 3 years now and proven nothing to show he can  compete for a starting job.  bring someone in with a high ceiling and replace. that simple. this whole narrative that anyone cut right now is trash comepltely contridicts everyone prior to cut day saying we need to wait for cut day and see whos available to sign.  but why when anyone cut is trash...thats such bs.  coney is a rookie with a ton of talent bring him in and replace someone who hasnt worked.  see what u can get from him.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:28 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: not sure man. but a lateral move lol bro our linebackers are really not good. coney right now is a better backer than evans atleast...evans has proven to be soft as a muffin and everything about coney i just stated was true.  u know what else is true.. the bengal backers are horrid most importantly evans.  coneys resume coming in as a rookie is light years above evans.  evans has been here 3 years now and proven nothing to show he can  compete for a starting job.  bring someone in with a high ceiling and replace. that simple. this whole narrative that anyone cut right now is trash comepltely contridicts everyone prior to cut day saying we need to wait for cut day and see whos available to sign.  but why when anyone cut is trash...thats such bs.  coney is a rookie with a ton of talent bring him in and replace someone who hasnt worked.  see what u can get from him.

If he's no good in the passing game, what would be the point?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 01:10 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Hes a rookie who was brought in for a pre draft workout and interview.

I'm guessing you did a google search and found a name you recognize but Coney is about as talented as Hardy Nickerson.

Te'Von Coney is a downhill linebacker his "4.72" speed drops dramatically when asked to change direction. He has no burst to his first step and is slow to recognize in zone coverage. Those are the reasons he dropped out of the draft and the reason he hasn't even been added to a practice squad days after cuts.

If I were to choose a rookie linebacker still available "which isnt a good thing" It would be Tre Watson out of Maryland.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:28 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote:   coneys resume coming in as a rookie is light years above evans. 

Evans....6th round pick
Coney....Undrafted free agent.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 07:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sutton Smith would be an interesting PS prospect.  He put up gaudy numbers as a rush backer in college but is too small to play that position in NFL.  Has a lot of athletic ability but no position.

Two time MAC Defensive Player of Year and two time finalist for Ted Hendricks Award.  Over last two seasons tallied 30 sacks and 56 tackles for loss earning All American honors both years.

Sounds like a player we should sign.
Reply/Quote