Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would 0 -48 change how Mike Brown operates
O -16 wouldn't do it. 0 - 32 probably too stubborn but 0 -48 may make Mike realize his model isn't working.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown realized long ago that his methods arent leading to football wins and he doesn't care. The idea that he's in the dark and will finally learn after year 32 or so is wishful thinking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Only if it happens in a 48 game season.

Those little breaks after 16 games are long enough for Mike to fabricate other reasons for the failure and reasons why we’ll be successful without making major changes.
Reply/Quote
He'll still profit from profit sharing in the NFL. So no. Elroy will still get his braces no matter what, the great great grandkids will still get their inheritance.

The only time it will change, is if the Paul Brown money stops flowing through the family, and he's forced to earn it the old fashion way (customer service).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 01:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown realized long ago that his methods arent leading to football wins and he doesn't care.  The idea that he's in the dark and will finally learn after year 32 or so is wishful thinking.

^^^ This. Mike Brown just doesn't care and it's too bad that the NFL revenue sharing check is enough to keep MB there.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 01:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: ^^^ This. Mike Brown just doesn't care and it's too bad that the NFL revenue sharing check is enough to keep MB there.

It's like when I was wearing a Bengals hoodie and my buddies nephew was like "why do you like them?  They suck." And I was like "I know that but I wish I didn't so I could see the light now and stop pulling for them."

There is no fool like an old fool.  
Reply/Quote
There’s only one thing which bothers Mike Brown: Losing to Cleveland. That’s what finally bit Marvin Lewis in the butt; Mikey Boy fired him after the only season where the Browns beat the Bengals twice with Marvin as head coach. Mike justifiably hates Cleveland for what they did to his father.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 01:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown realized long ago that his methods arent leading to football wins and he doesn't care.  The idea that he's in the dark and will finally learn after year 32 or so is wishful thinking.

Unless he's the dumbest #$&^% $#@*$ in the history of mankind he has to know his ways, his GM model isn't working and it's never going to work ! The only way this team will ever win it all with him as the GM will be the biggest train load of luck ever.

(11-04-2019, 01:28 PM)HuDey Wrote: Only if it happens in a 48 game season.

Those little breaks after 16 games are long enough for Mike to fabricate other reasons for the failure and reasons why we’ll be successful  without making major changes.

Right, I'm sure he's already got a list of the excuses for his monotone, reeking of arrogance, post season presser now. " New HC, Injuries, QB change, plus he'll throw in the dead cat bounce at seasons end.

(11-04-2019, 01:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: He'll still profit from profit sharing in the NFL. So no. Elroy will still get his braces no matter what, the great great grandkids will still get their inheritance.

The only time it will change, is if the Paul Brown money stops flowing through the family, and he's forced to earn it the old fashion way (customer service).

Mike Brown's savior, he can already hear the hallelujah chorus. MB and this team would have went bankrupt years no decades ago without it.
Reply/Quote
We'd go from 0-48 over 3 years to 8-56 over 4 years and it would prompt Model Model 2 to be written.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Unless he's the dumbest #$&^% $#@*$ in the history of mankind he has to know his ways, his GM model isn't working and it's never going to work ! The only way this team will ever win it all with him as the GM will be the biggest train load of luck ever.

Right, I'm sure he's already got a list of the excuses for his monotone, reeking of arrogance, post season presser now. " New HC, Injuries, QB change, plus he'll throw in the dead cat bounce at seasons end.

Mike Brown's savior, he can already hear the hallelujah chorus. MB and this team would have went bankrupt years no decades ago without it.

The AJ and Jonah injuries already gave them enough excuses.

Not saying those aren't significant...but they're not 0-8 significant.

I've detailed the Steelers injuries...and they're 4-4.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 01:21 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: O -16 wouldn't do it. 0 - 32 probably too stubborn but 0 -48 may make Mike realize his model isn't working.

Mike Brown has a great thing going with the money his family gets from his business.  The stadium is frequently embarrassingly empty on game day but that doesn't matter as long as the TV revenue comes thru.  He could play before a 100% empty stadium and make money. 
Given the wide spread lack of attendance in the NFL, I have to believe the next TV deal will be less money to the NFL.  Then butts on the seats might be a higher priority.
Reply/Quote
He dosent care...its just a hobby to him.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:40 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Mike Brown has a great thing going with the money his family gets from his business.  The stadium is frequently embarrassingly empty on game day but that doesn't matter as long as the TV revenue comes thru.  He could play before a 100% empty stadium and make money. 
Given the wide spread lack of attendance in the NFL, I have to believe the next TV deal will be less money to the NFL.  Then butts on the seats might be a higher priority.

The wide lack of attendance would mean more people are at home watching.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
You know, I remember a ESPN article, please correct me if I'm misspeaking, from the offseason about how close every team was at being a legitimate Super Bowl Contender.

The Bengals had their own category, they listed them as 5 years away from being a Super Bowl contender. They asked "52 different NFL insiders".

They praised Mike Brown for firing Marvin Lewis and hiring Zac Taylor. They said it was the first step.

However, I seem to remember them talking about it on TV.

Basically, they thought the way Mike Brown/family operated would prolong the rebuilding process they felt we needed for us to be contenders.

They thought instead of trading players for picks and speeding up the process, they would hold on to them and just continue to go forward with what they had.

I remember thinking to myself how could any team possibly be 5 years away?

Especially with how much turnover in the NFL there is from each year.

Now, after going 0-8. It makes you wonder.

As of right now as a franchise we're hoping that Ryan Finley, as a rookie, can come in and create a spark that somehow makes every single unit on the team play better or can overcome all it's deficiencies.

I actually really like Ryan Finley, I hope does.

I also know how extremely unlikely that is.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If he really cared, he would've named it "Mike Brown Stadium". He drags his dad's name through the mud instead...no biggie.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
He makes the same money at 0-48 that he would at 48-0, plus in Mike's world winning cost money. Have to hire more people to actually do work on scouting and development, plus there would be the extra costs of traveling for the playoffs and the super bowl, and that is just all extra costs that Mike doesn't have to worry about in his nickel and dime way of doing business.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
There is absolutely no way Mike would change his ways. He'd rather find a coach who can support his archaic methods than evolve with the league.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Nothing is going to make this man change his ways.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:30 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nothing is going to make this man change his ways.

Agreed. Pretty much no. 

You can't embarrass him (obviously) and you seemingly can't bully him into something he doesn't want to do. Only financially can you force his hand and that isn't ever going to happen with revenue sharing. And there'll always be enough people who go to the games no matter how bad this team is.

So..no. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There’s only one thing which bothers Mike Brown: Losing to Cleveland.  That’s what finally bit Marvin Lewis in the butt; Mikey Boy fired him after the only season where the Browns beat the Bengals twice with Marvin as head coach.  Mike justifiably hates Cleveland for what they did to his father.

Unlike all of the other owners who are bothered by not winning the SB. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote