Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would no season mean we get number 1 pick again?
(06-19-2020, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The big question is how much a top QB like Lawrence will be worth next year because most teams looking for a QB got one in this years draft.

There is always a need because we churn QB's in the league. I could see a path for any one of the Bears/Patriots/Buccaneers/Raiders/Lions/Steelers/Colts/49ers to be interested in a QB next draft.
Reply/Quote
We started having this discussion a little bit ago, and I would bet that the draft order would be determined much like the supplemental draft.  There's no way in the world the NFL wants to run the risk of a team like the Cheifs getting the number one overall pick coming off the super bowl:

Here's how the supplemental draft lottery is done and I would assume that this would work the same way:

Teams with six wins or fewer participate in the first lottery for the top supplemental draft picks. The team that posted the worst record among that group is given a weighted advantage over the following team, with each team's "weight" being decreased until reaching the team with the best record in the group.

The second group consists of non-playoff teams and follows the same weighted system.

The third group consists of last season's 12 playoff teams and, again, follows the same lottery system.

So, at worst we would be picking 10th overall.  I would think with the weighted system that the odds of us getting a top 3 pick would be very strong.  If that's the case, you take Sewell and don't look back.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 12:21 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Due to covid. could we get a kings ransom for Lawrence? If we didn't get a reasonable offer bring him in for competition ala Aikman/Walsh with the Cowboys.

I heard it said that there would be a lottery-style award, and teams with the worst record the prior year would get more "balls" to be selected and that would determine draft order.  Of course, you know just one of those steeler balls would be selected first.  

The good news is the league is going to play.  Even if without fans.  We will have football.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Watching MLB and the NBA, I don"t think players want to play.

May be no season if  not MLB just had a draft for college and high school players who did not play this spring. They only did 5 rounds and then signed free agents . A lot of seniors and juniors were drafted or signed  as free agents. Keep in mind, these players graduated frm college already in many cases.

I would see no reason not to keep the dtaft order the same as trades were done based on a normal draft
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 12:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I really have to wonder though if they could even have a draft though.  If there's no NFL, then there's definitely no college football being played.  So all of those kids would get an extra year of eligibility.  How many of them are going to want to come out early, without a year to improve their stock?  It would make for a very strange draft.

Most of them would come out.  Not only for the chance to make big bucks but because they all would be a year older.  There are very few college players who underestimate their playing ability.  If they come out for the draft, it is in part because they all believe they will make it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote