Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wow.....Price
when Ragnow went off at 20 I thought 4 guys...
Lamar Jackson, Hernandez, Price & Daniels....

& we go w/ Price....

i'm fine w/ it....but i'd of been fine w/ any of the other 3 too....

maybe we can get lucky & we can draft Wynn in rd #2...
Reply/Quote
Boo. Price not worth 21 IMO, but Bengals always show their hand and Lions took the guy they really wanted (Ragnow).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Boo. Price not worth 21 IMO, but Bengals always show their hand and Lions took the guy they really wanted (Ragnow).

I wanted Ragnow or Daniels!  They could have gotten Price in the second!  He won't even be ready for training camp!  What the hell?!?!?!?!
Reply/Quote
PRice is a stud voted nations top center cuz he’s a stud at a position of big need. Dalton and mixon just got a lot better. We aren’t messing around and with Ragnow gone u can’t wait til the second. Good just now let’s move on to either tackle or line backer
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:35 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: PRice is a stud voted nations top center cuz he’s a stud at a position of big need.  Dalton and mixon just got a lot better.   We aren’t messing around and with Ragnow gone u can’t wait til the second.  Good just now let’s move on to either tackle or line backer

DANIELS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Boo. Price not worth 21 IMO, but Bengals always show their hand and Lions took the guy they really wanted (Ragnow).

they even said on ESPN, I think it was Todd, said it was a slight reach, but i'm fine w/ it....
Price will do a fine job for us i'm sure....& we really needed to fill this hole....
I'd grade this as a B+ at least.....if not an A.....
I think Price was usually mocked in the 20's.....

in a perfect world we could of picked Hernandez or Jackson then b/c of Price's pec injury he drops & we get him in rd 2....
but that's too risky...
I agree w/ our war room........pick him at 21...
Reply/Quote
Just happy they didn’t get Lamar or one of those WRs. Would have preferred R. Evans then got best intior lineman in 2nd rd. It is a reach but it’s a huge hole in the field. Price should fill it.
Reply/Quote
Price was the best pick for what fell to the Bengals and what they need, a center worth a darn. I think he will be a day one upgrade.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Now they should get Mason Cole in 4th and move Price to Guard. Price/Cole/Boling. Good interior.
Reply/Quote
Price fits what I think the Bengals are going to do..Power man/inside zone which is what price ran at Ohio State. The only reason I had Ragnow ahead of Price was length.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
People just want to ***** if he didn't tear a pec no one will be calling it a reach.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Amazing. The Bengals had their sights set on the best Center in the draft, and he gets taken right before their pick. what do they do? The immediately pick the next best man to fit the job. Many of you liked James Daniels, but he's still sitting on the board. Why? Physicality, that's why. You don't pick a finesse guy to run a power/inside zone offense. That finesse shit just don't work well in an offense that wants to run the ball against an odd front.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Duck yeah... I am so happy right now!!!!!!!!! Who dey!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:44 PM)Synric Wrote: Price fits what I think the Bengals are going to do..Power man/inside zone which is what price ran at Ohio State. The only reason I had Ragnow ahead of Price was length.

we'll never know..
but I bet if Ragnow was on the board at 21 he'd be in stripes....
 our war room had decided they were going OC in rd #1 period.....
slight reach perhaps but how can anyone really complain....?
Price will start day 1....
unlike WR Ross last year...
solid B+ imo
Reply/Quote

It may have something to do with the Bengals letting a radio commentator see their big board and then predict who he thinks they'll draft each year based on what he saw on said big board.

I love that Lapham comes out with his prediction each year with stunning accuracy due to his insider knowledge, but does any other team do this?

It has to only be us right? If so, they're giving away incredibly Price-y information just to entertain the fans for a day or 2. Doesn't seem like a good idea.
Reply/Quote
I'm good with it. We've bitched and complained about a second rate center for the last 4 seasons. Now we have a first round center in Cincinnati, and that alone is a bit of a miracle IMO. Nobody would have been mad if you'd've told them that Bodine would be replaced with arguably the best center prospect in college football at the end of the year, but now you have people getting upset. I'm going to appreciate it for what it is, i.e. a very probable change for the better at a longtime weak spot.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, get Lap away from that big board from now on. I doubt that his commentary had any effect on the Lions's decision making, but it does make you wonder. 

I'm good with the pick. Price should have a high ceiling and the pec injury shouldn't be a big deal. I'd have been fine with Daniels too and am glad that they got to have their choice of the two. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Amazing. The Bengals had their sights set on the best Center in the draft, and he gets taken right before their pick. what do they do? The immediately pick the next best man to fit the job. Many of you liked James Daniels, but he's still sitting on the board. Why? Physicality, that's why. You don't pick a finesse guy to run a power/inside zone offense. That finesse shit just don't work well in an offense that wants to run the ball against an odd front.

Or because it was a panic pick because Detroit took a center. Could have gotten Evans and either price or Daniels in the second.

It’s not a complaint because we were in desperate need of a center. Feel we jumped the gun here tho.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:55 AM)scottyd33 Wrote: Or because it was a panic pick because Detroit took a center. Could have gotten Evans and either price or Daniels in the second.

It’s not a complaint because we were in desperate need of a center. Feel we jumped the gun here tho.

Lapham said that it was going to be Ragnow or Price. Considering Lapham has seen the Bengals board, this means that they probably had a "1A/1B' type of grade for the two with Ragnow having a slight but not significant edge over Price.

I don't think they panicked at all. In fact, I think they probably had an idea that Detroit was taking Ragnow and just were content to stay and take Price anyway. They had the capital to move up to 19 for maybe a 5th round pick if they really wanted Ragnow that badly.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wanted Ragnow or Daniels!  They could have gotten Price in the second!  He won't even be ready for training camp!  What the hell?!?!?!?!

Do your research!! He'll be full go in about 5 weeks.
Reply/Quote