Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wow.....Price
(04-26-2018, 11:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wanted Ragnow or Daniels!  They could have gotten Price in the second!  He won't even be ready for training camp!  What the hell?!?!?!?!

Yes he will.  How many people have to say he'll be ready for TC before people stop with this nonsense?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:43 PM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Now they should get Mason Cole in 4th and move Price to Guard. Price/Cole/Boling. Good interior.

So, you want to move the first round C to G so the fourth rounder can play C?  Brilliant.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Boo. Price not worth 21 IMO, but Bengals always show their hand and Lions took the guy they really wanted (Ragnow).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they really show their hand or did they want Price all along?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 07:52 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Did they really show their hand or did they want Price all along?

I believe they did show their hand.
Willie Anderson said he had a text from Marvin who the pick was going to be and was going to share on Twitter, but after Lions took Ragnow he tweeted this...
“Oh damn ! Glad I didn’t tweet that ! Change my tweet ! ihad it ready to go !”

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
People wanted Daniels, thats fine, both centers in the same Conference, played the same defenses, and you guys want the dude on the team that wasn't as successful. Look at the Hawkeyes and Buckeyes offensive stats from last year and tell me again you honestly want Daniels over Price. I think both are fine players but I don't get why Daniels is so much better to have some of you acting like babies on here.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I believe they did show their hand.
Willie Anderson said he had a text from Marvin who the pick was going to be and was going to share on Twitter, but after Lions took Ragnow he tweeted this...
“Oh damn ! Glad I didn’t tweet that ! Change my tweet ! ihad it ready to go !”

Willie was chastising the team earlier in the draft saying why draft a center or interior lineman if you won't pay them in 5 years. He has been pretty public in criticizing the team over the last couple years as well. I'm not saying he is a lair..... but I am not sure I actually believe him that Marvin would text him knowing how Marvin hates criticism.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: Willie was chastising the team earlier in the draft saying why draft a center or interior lineman if you won't pay them in 5 years. He has been pretty public in criticizing the team over the last couple years as well. I'm not saying he is a lair..... but I am not sure I actually believe him that Marvin would text him knowing how Marvin hates criticism.

I love Willie but im calling BS on him getting pre draft texts from Marvin about who they want to pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:21 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: People wanted Daniels, thats fine, both centers in the same Conference,  played the same defenses, and you guys want the dude on the team that wasn't as successful. Look at the Hawkeyes and Buckeyes offensive stats from last year and tell me again you honestly want Daniels over Price. I think both are fine players but I don't get why Daniels is so much better to have some of you acting like babies on here.

Price made more sense than Daniels for what Pollack looks for in OL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Price made more sense than Daniels for what Pollack looks for in OL.

Yea, it's funny going in everyone said Daniels was more Pollack but to hear Pollack talk he definitely wasn't. He talked about Price's power and his ability to anchor and it makes you think that Daniels lack of strength, or perceived lack of strength, was the big issue.
Reply/Quote
Anyone bitching about Price hasn't watched the turnstile that has been Russell Bodine for the last few years. Price, stepping foot in our facility is already our best interior lineman, with one pec messed up. This was considered the best C prospect in the draft until the combine when he had a freak injury. The guy set records at OSU, a school that has produced some really high quality lineman.

This was a great pick for this team and I'm hoping they pair him with someone else in the first 3-4 rounds for the RG or RT position as well. Give me Hernandez in round 2 if he is there and let Joe Mixon and Gio carry our offense on first and 2nd down and let AJ go to work on 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wanted Ragnow or Daniels!  They could have gotten Price in the second!  He won't even be ready for training camp!  What the hell?!?!?!?!

doctors say he will be 100% clear for TC and spring practices I believe at least TC... no worries.  they upgraded his status right before the draft
Reply/Quote
The pick was right for a number of reasons. Once Ragnow was picked, instead of hoping that one of three centers would be available at 46, became now one of two. I truly think they wanted to get one of those three. I'll trust the new o-line coach that he liked Price better than Daniels.
That's what it boiled down to, and we are still good with 10 picks remaining addressing other needs.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: doctors say he will be 100% clear for TC and spring practices I believe at least TC... no worries.  they upgraded his status right before the draft

Just saw this:

[Image: DbpwAgkXkAAw-bP.jpg]

Looks like our front office pulled off another great move and improved our team by A LOT!
Reply/Quote

LOL Nice one!
I saw these comments on Cincyjungle too. It's funny how ridiculous people can get around draft time, right?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:02 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It may have something to do with the Bengals letting a radio commentator see their big board and then predict who he thinks they'll draft each year based on what he saw on said big board.

I love that Lapham comes out with his prediction each year with stunning accuracy due to his insider knowledge, but does any other team do this?

It has to only be us right? If so, they're giving away incredibly Price-y information just to entertain the fans for a day or 2. Doesn't seem like a good idea.

I too thought about this.....
but since the
Lions picked befor us, it's a moot point.....
if they would of traded UP in front of us to get Ragnow then i'd agree it may have been b/c of Lap's comment....
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:47 AM)dr1441 Wrote: Anyone bitching about Price hasn't watched the turnstile that has been Russell Bodine for the last few years. Price, stepping foot in our facility is already our best interior lineman, with one pec messed up. This was considered the best C prospect in the draft until the combine when he had a freak injury. The guy set records at OSU, a school that has produced some really high quality lineman.

This was a great pick for this team and I'm hoping they pair him with someone else in the first 3-4 rounds for the RG or RT position as well. Give me Hernandez in round 2 if he is there and let Joe Mixon and Gio carry our offense on first and 2nd down and let AJ go to work on 3rd.

I love Hernandez....
but if we're going to get him we're going to have to trade up....
& I doubt we'll do that....
Cry
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:43 PM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Now they should get Mason Cole in 4th and move Price to Guard. Price/Cole/Boling. Good interior.

That makes zero sense.  That's like having some ground to clear, and choosing the mini-excavator over the bulldozer, because the mini can weave through the trees easier than pushing them over...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Just watched tape on Price and Daniels. Price was the right choice, and I say that knowing that I had a slight preference for Ragnow and Daniels heading into last night. We'll never know if we'd have taken Ragnow ahead of Price, so no use in even debating it.

The thing that worries me about Price is how often he ends up on the ground after lunging into a block. He looks silly alot of times. But he's tenacious, and appears to be great at getting to the second level. He obviously loves hitting people, and he makes our line instantly better.

If by some same set of circumstances Hernandez falls to us, I don't see how we don't take him. I left him off my top 10/11 list because I don't think we'll see him fall to 46. Wouldn't mind being wrong, though.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 07:02 AM)McC Wrote: Yes he will.  How many people have to say he'll be ready for TC before people stop with this nonsense?

To be more accurate, it's probably best to say he "should" be based on how the recovery has gone thus far. You can never 100% guarantee a timeline until he's actually fully recovered.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/25/billy-prices-doctor-says-hell-be-cleared-by-training-camp/

Regardless, it was nice to hear how excited Price was to become a Bengal. I know he wasn't some people's first or even second choice, but I think it's highly likely they would have taken McGlinchey or Ragnow over Price if they still had been there. Price was high on their board, is a good fit, and "should" be the best C the Bengals have had since Rich Braham.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:14 AM)Shady Wrote: He looks silly alot of times. 

I'm not sure I'd say a lot of times, but occasionally sure. 
Reply/Quote