Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your favorite vacation spot?
(09-18-2015, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: September is by far the best time to go to the beach.  Weather is still plenty warm, and the rates are much lower.  

I am lucky that my girls often have a fall break that includes the last week of September.  When we did the required pilgrimage to Orlando for the theme parks I could not imagine having done that in the middle of the summer.  The heat would have been too much.
Sept,Oct, and early Nov are my favorite times of the year to go to the beach. Water is beautiful,still warm,fishing is great, and no crowds.
Reply/Quote
It's a no-brainer. Fresh water.....well non-salt anyway and no jelly fish or sharks to worry about. We spent a week at a rental beach house near Traverse City Michigan this summer and LOVED it! I live surrounded by the Great Lakes and the beaches here rival any worldwide....ok it's not as warm granted but when it's over 90F it's soooo refreshing when you hit that water!

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Santo Domingo, DR.

Loved it there. Made me want to really consider retiring there.

Always wanted to go to Montana and stay in the mountains. Just hidden from the world.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 03:54 AM)count35 Wrote: It's a no-brainer. Fresh water.....well non-salt anyway and no jelly fish or sharks to worry about. We spent a week at a rental beach house near Traverse City Michigan this summer and LOVED it! I live surrounded by the Great Lakes and the beaches here rival any worldwide....ok it's not as warm granted but when it's over 90F it's soooo refreshing when you hit that water!

Ever heard of a bull shark? Might make you rethink that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 08:42 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You don't know shit about Florida do you?
I've been to Norleans at least 20 times. Is cool the first two or three times after that it's a dump and FULL of gang thugs.
Being a resident of Florida many of us vacation near Mexico Beach and Scenic HWY 30A where I live and have worked for the past 25 years is one of the top vacation spots in the world! Look it up.
Crab Island in Destin is gorgeous when the water is right. You may as well google some pictures of that while your confirming what I said about the top vacation spots. Grayton Beach was named the #1 beach in the country just a couple of years ago. Go ahead and look up Seaside and Rosemary Beach while you're at it.
The only complaint that locals have with the panhandle is over development, hence the reason why we like to go to the Mexico Beach area during the crowded tourist season. It's not over developed, yet!
In the off season it is beautiful here.
Just laughable really, "the butt hole of Florida"! Ha, that's why Jason Aldean,Troy Aikman, Jason Whitten,Jerry Jones,Tom Criuse,Luke Bryan,Chris Janson,Billy Currington,Blake Shelton,Steven Tyler,Miranda Lambert,Sheryl Crow,Mathew McConaughey,Reese Whitherspoon,Michael McDonald,Sean Payton,Drew Brees,Justin Timberlake,The Indigo Girls, Katie Holmes,Willie Nelson,Jim Carrey,Bob Hope,Roy Scheider, every famous golfer that you can name,Michael Jordan,Brittany Spears,RG3,George Bush 1 and 2, and god knows who else cause those are just off of the top of my head; has owned a home or comes here for vacation almost every year.  ThumbsUp 

.....ok....you just convinced me the panhandle IS indeed the butthole of your state. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....ok....you just convinced me the panhandle IS indeed the butthole of your state.  LMAO

See, I can't argue with that kind of logic. LOL Wts, the Katie Holmes,Sheryl Crow,Brittney Spears, and mostly naked women in bikinis does help swing the pendulum back a bit. A couple of super hotties at my Sunday brunch gig earlier today and I went out with a little Chinese bundle of hotness that works for the LA Lakers ownership that I met here a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait til she comes back into town.  Pervert
At times being a musician does have its perks.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 01:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ever heard of a bull shark? Might make you rethink that.

Yes a bull shark "could" survive in fresh water for awhile but i doubt it could come several hundred miles up the St. Lawrence....swim across Lake Ontario....up the Niagara Falls...American OR Canadian side.....swim across Lake Erie....heck that part alone would probably kill it from pollution....swim up the Detroit River into Lake Huron....swim the hundreds of miles around Michigan and into Lake Michigan...or up the St. Mary's River and somehow jump up and over the compansating gates and finally into Lake Superior! :jk:

I think it's pretty safe from sharks after all is said and done.....now asian carp....... Confused
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:32 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: See, I can't argue with that kind of logic. LOL Wts, the Katie Holmes,Sheryl Crow,Brittney Spears, and mostly naked women in bikinis does help swing the pendulum back a bit. A couple of super hotties at my Sunday brunch gig earlier today and I went out with a little Chinese bundle of hotness that works for the LA Lakers ownership that I met here a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait til she comes back into town.  Pervert
At times being a musician does have its perks.

Why yes my good man....yes indeed! :hooked:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
My wife & I have been checking out all your suggested vacation spots. I really appreciate the feedback given.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 08:42 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You don't know shit about Florida do you?
I've been to Norleans at least 20 times. Is cool the first two or three times after that it's a dump and FULL of gang thugs.
Being a resident of Florida many of us vacation near Mexico Beach and Scenic HWY 30A where I live and have worked for the past 25 years is one of the top vacation spots in the world! Look it up.
Crab Island in Destin is gorgeous when the water is right. You may as well google some pictures of that while your confirming what I said about the top vacation spots. Grayton Beach was named the #1 beach in the country just a couple of years ago. Go ahead and look up Seaside and Rosemary Beach while you're at it.
The only complaint that locals have with the panhandle is over development, hence the reason why we like to go to the Mexico Beach area during the crowded tourist season. It's not over developed, yet!
In the off season it is beautiful here.
Just laughable really, "the butt hole of Florida"! Ha, that's why Jason Aldean,Troy Aikman, Jason Whitten,Jerry Jones,Tom Criuse,Luke Bryan,Chris Janson,Billy Currington,Blake Shelton,Steven Tyler,Miranda Lambert,Sheryl Crow,Mathew McConaughey,Reese Whitherspoon,Michael McDonald,Sean Payton,Drew Brees,Justin Timberlake,The Indigo Girls, Katie Holmes,Willie Nelson,Jim Carrey,Bob Hope,Roy Scheider, every famous golfer that you can name,Michael Jordan,Brittany Spears,RG3,George Bush 1 and 2, and god knows who else cause those are just off of the top of my head; has owned a home or comes here for vacation almost every year.  ThumbsUp 

You rattled off all of those clowns, and excluded the greatest thing to come out of the panhandle (probably the whole state)...  Roy Jones Jr..
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 12:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: My wife & I have been checking out all your suggested vacation spots. I really appreciate the feedback given.

If your into scuba check out Belize.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:55 AM)count35 Wrote: Yes a bull shark "could" survive in fresh water for awhile but i doubt it could come several hundred miles up the St. Lawrence....swim across Lake Ontario....up the Niagara Falls...American OR Canadian side.....swim across Lake Erie....heck that part alone would probably kill it from pollution....swim up the Detroit River into Lake Huron....swim the hundreds of miles around Michigan and into Lake Michigan...or up the St. Mary's River and somehow jump up and over the compansating gates and finally into Lake Superior! :jk:

I think it's pretty safe from sharks after all is said and done.....now asian carp....... Confused

How far is Lake Superior from Illinois?  There was a bull shark caught in Alton, Illinois in 1937.  They've also been caught 2500 miles up the Amazon River, so....
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 03:45 PM)jason Wrote: You rattled off all of those clowns, and excluded the greatest thing to come out of the panhandle (probably the whole state)...  Roy Jones Jr..
While I did fail to mention Roy your opinion is debatable. You will notice in the post I wrote "just off of the top of my head" and I would hardly call a very large list off famous millionaires "clowns". As for the debatable part I would add the name Emmitt Smith.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 04:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If your into scuba check out Belize.

or Grand Cayman island. Divers paradise but it's expensive. IMO
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:59 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: or Grand Cayman island. Divers paradise but it's expensive. IMO

You want a good dive spot try Bonaire off the coast of Venezuela.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:23 PM)Beaker Wrote: You want a good dive spot try Bonaire off the coast of Venezuela.

Or the Ohio River.   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:59 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: or Grand Cayman island. Divers paradise but it's expensive. IMO

Been to GC a couple of times but just on Cruise stops. Would love to go there for a week. Been to Hell a couple of times.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:23 PM)Beaker Wrote: You want a good dive spot try Bonaire off the coast of Venezuela.

Will add it to the list.   Thanks
Reply/Quote
My instructor always raved about Bonaire.
Reply/Quote
Iowa City, Iowa

Have you ever been to Iowa before?  Nice n hot during the summer and colder than your refrigerated beer during the winter. 

When its Winter time in Iowa

And the gentle breezes blow,

About seventy miles an hour

And its fifty two below [Image: blink.gif]

You can tell you're in Iowa

'Cause the snow's up to your butt, [Image: sad.gif]

And you take a breath of winter air

And your nose holes both freeze shut.

The weather here is wonderful,

So I guess I'll hang around

I could NEVER leave Iowa,

My feet are frozen to the ground. [Image: unsure.gif]
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote