Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Faith - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Faith (/Thread-Faith)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Faith - SteelCitySouth - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 11:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes there are consequences for not having insurance

Requirements come with consequences.  Without consequences can it be a requirement?  No.  Those consequences which create the requirement are why so many people have insurance.  Without the requirement many, many more people would not have insurance...mostly in the auto field.  We have seen that in the past.  Which is why the requirements were created along with the penalties...cus, agian, without penalties there is no requirement.

When we are talking about home.  Many wealthy homeowners that have no mortgage, self insure.  I see it all the time.  As I said in a previous post.  They view the cost of the insurance over time prohibitive vs the likelihood of a loss.  LOL...They do it here on a barrier island where hurricanes are likely.  

Sure you can reduce your physical insurance on your vehicle once you pay it off...A lot pf people do this.  You however can not remove your liability.

RE: Faith - GodHatesBengals - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 12:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't ever give up trying.

...to believe in Santa Claus, leprechauns, etc.

RE: Faith - djs7685 - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 12:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did I say I was open-minded on this subject?

I just assumed you were saying so since your post was bashing the "closed minded" non-believers.

I probably wouldn't sit around and bash people if I fit into a similar category, so that's why I made the assumption that you considered yourself open minded.

As long as you realize you're not open minded, I guess that's good? Meh, not quite something to be proud of, but hey, you say tomato and I say tomato!

(09-04-2015, 12:25 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I just assumed you were saying so since your post was bashing the "closed minded" non-believers.

I probably wouldn't sit around and bash people if I fit into a similar category, so that's why I made the assumption that you considered yourself open minded.

As long as you realize you're not open minded, I guess that's good? Meh, not quite something to be proud of, but hey, you say tomato and I say tomato!

Don't worry, bfine is very proud of not being open minded.

RE: Faith - bfine32 - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 12:25 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I just assumed you were saying so since your post was bashing the "closed minded" non-believers.

Assumptions can be very poor. However, you are correct; being closed minded of salvation is nothing to take pride in. It does not make me "proud.", it can make me quite humble.

RE: Faith - fredtoast - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 12:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't ever give up trying.

You completely missed the point.

I don't even know how to try to believe something when no proof exists.  

I've had discussions like this with other Christians and almost all of them claim that their proof is the feeling they got when Jesus "touched" or "spoke to" them.  

I had an emotional experience when I was 9 years old, but looking back on it I was just a scared kid that had been indoctrinated since birth through my family and community.  Every single person I knew was a Christian.  It was impossible for me not to believe all of that at that age.  But as I got older I started learning more about the Bible and the history of religions around the world.  The god who supposedly saved my soul refused to answer the questions I had.  So I had no choice but to change my beliefs.

And although at times I am highly critical of the way some Christians act I am actually the product of two devout Christian parents who are NOT hypocrites, self-righteous, or judgmental.  They believe in kindness and charity, and they live the life instead of just preaching about it.  And, most important, they keep their politics and religion separate.

(09-04-2015, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You completely missed the point.

I don't even know how to try to believe something when no proof exists.  

I've had discussions like this with other Christians and almost all of them claim that their proof is the feeling they got when Jesus "touched" or "spoke to" them.  

I had an emotional experience when I was 9 years old, but looking back on it I was just a scared kid that had been indoctrinated since birth through my family and community.  Every single person I knew was a Christian.  It was impossible for me not to believe all of that at that age.  But as I got older I started learning more about the Bible and the history of religions around the world.  The god who supposedly saved my soul refused to answer the questions I had.  So I had no choice but to change my beliefs.

And although at times I am highly critical of the way some Christians act I am actually the product of two devout Christian parents who are NOT hypocrites, self-righteous, or judgmental.  They believe in kindness and charity, and they live the life instead of just preaching about it.  And, most important, they keep their politics and religion separate.

Very analytical of you. Don't lose faith.

(09-04-2015, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You completely missed the point.

No, bfine is right. The risks are too great if you're wrong, so you better try and make yourself believe in Zoroastrianism. Wink

(09-04-2015, 12:34 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: No, bfine is right. The risks are too great if you're wrong, so you better try and make yourself believe in Zoroastrianism. Wink

bfine32 Wrote:If my point of view has given one person pause to stop and think about the possibility that an individual has a eternal soul and there is a chance that this soul can list infinitely in bliss, then any ridicule, classes on insurance, or memes posted in response is well worth it.

Clapping Good Post

....wait what?

Did you read fred's post and somehow extract from it that you led him "to stop and think about the possibility that an individual has a eternal soul and there is a chance that this soul can list infinitely in bliss", when he actually stated the exact opposite?

Also I think a lot of people don't realize you can get rid of your insurance when you pay off the home, as well as physical damage on the vehicle.

Then there are people that live in the highest hazard zone that own a home worth a million or more and refuse to insure beyond the maximum $250,000 required by the feds. This group of people are actually a large population. Same with Earthquake.

(09-04-2015, 11:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote:  If my point of view has given one person pause to stop and think about the possibility that an individual has a eternal soul and there is a chance that this soul can list infinitely in bliss, then any ridicule, classes on insurance, or memes posted in response is well worth it.

What kind of angry god do you believe in that would require you to list infinitely and convince you that it will be blissful.   Smirk

(09-04-2015, 12:45 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Clapping Good Post

....wait what?

Did you read fred's post and somehow extract from it that you led him "to stop and think about the possibility that an individual has a eternal soul and there is a chance that this soul can list infinitely in bliss", when he actually stated the exact opposite?

My words are not solely for Fred; apparently you read them as well.

(09-04-2015, 12:50 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: What kind of angry god do you believe in that would require you to list infinitely and convince you that it will be blissful.   Smirk

Thanks for proving the point

(09-04-2015, 12:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for proving the point

You believe in Ahura Mazda and he requires his believers to list in bliss in the after life?  

(09-04-2015, 12:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for proving the point

What point did I help prove with my little joke about a type o, that was meant to be a moment of levity.

(09-04-2015, 12:56 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: What point did I help prove with my little joke about a type o, that was meant to be a moment of levity.

The point which only he believes he's articulated.

(09-04-2015, 12:56 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: What point did I help prove with my little joke about a type o, that was meant to be a moment of levity.
The same as this
(09-04-2015, 01:02 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: The point which only he believes he's articulated.

(09-04-2015, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The same as this

Well I mean if you want to subscribe to his opinion of you that is not my concern.  I asked a question as I believe that hearing your point is interesting to me.  But again it is your prerogative to tell me or not.

(09-04-2015, 01:23 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Well I mean if you want to subscribe to his opinion of you that is not my concern.  I asked a question as I believe that hearing your point is interesting to me.  But again it is your prerogative to tell me or not.
Fair enough...

SteelCitySouth Wrote:You believe in Ahura Mazda and he requires his believers to list in bliss in the after life? 

No