Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Question For Pro-Choice People - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Question For Pro-Choice People (/Thread-Question-For-Pro-Choice-People)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - Beaker - 05-29-2019

(05-29-2019, 01:47 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So she should be forced to have the child as a punishment for her behavior?

Should the father have to pay 18 years of child support as punishment for his behavior?

(If you wanna go down the punishment road as a viable reason for/against).

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - jj22 - 05-29-2019

only people punished for having unwanted babies is the babies themselves. they are the ones that have to live in a world that didn't want them.

mistreated by the parent who never wanted them, and knew they couldn't afford or raise a child, and abandoned by the pro lifers who forced her to have them.

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - Mike M (the other one) - 05-29-2019

(05-29-2019, 06:13 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What does the mother's consent have to do with the baby's life?

Cause technically I don't believe in abortion unless there is a crime committed or the mother/baby's life is in danger.

Hence in cases of consent, she knew the possible outcome.

I'm all for safe sex, and unless I really know the other person, I'm using protection no matter what she says, I don't need another Jr running around.

(05-29-2019, 06:18 PM)Beaker Wrote: Should the father have to pay 18 years of child support as punishment for his behavior?

Many already are?

(05-29-2019, 06:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: only people punished for having unwanted babies is the babies themselves. they are the ones that have to live in a world that didn't want them.

mistreated by the parent who never wanted them, and knew they couldn't afford or raise a child, and abandoned by the pro lifers who forced her to have them.

I understand that as well, and people that want babies can be in the same boat.
There is nothing wrong with putting a baby up for adoption if you can't afford/don't want etc.

I also believe that mothers should get SNAP etc and the father should be named and proven so he can pay his support.

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - CJD - 05-29-2019

(05-29-2019, 06:18 PM)Beaker Wrote: Should the father have to pay 18 years of child support as punishment for his behavior?

No.

But if you're forcing women to have children (or proposing such), you can't legalize paper abortion. Otherwise, you get the worst possible scenario, where a woman can't get an abortion, but a man can "abort" their responsibility.

(05-29-2019, 06:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Cause technically I don't believe in abortion unless there is a crime committed or the mother/baby's life is in danger.

Hence in cases of consent, she knew the possible outcome.

I'm all for safe sex, and unless I really know the other person, I'm using protection no matter what she says, I don't need another Jr running around.

So it's a two wrongs make a right kind of argument in the case of rape?

(05-29-2019, 06:48 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So it's a two wrongs make a right kind of argument in the case of rape?

It's not about 2 wrongs, she never had a choice in the matter and it's up to her which way she wants to proceed. Depending on age, I prefer she carry and put of for adoption if she can't handle the baby.

I would not force a child that was raped and became pregnant, to carry the baby to term. would you?

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - bfine32 - 05-29-2019

(05-29-2019, 01:47 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So she should be forced to have the child as a punishment for her behavior?

Yes; however, it should more appropriately be called responsibility instead of punishment.

What punishment do you think the father should receive

(05-29-2019, 06:47 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: No.

But if you're forcing women to have children (or proposing such), you can't legalize paper abortion. Otherwise, you get the worst possible scenario, where a woman can't get an abortion, but a man can "abort" their responsibility.

Yeah, you're kinda suggesting both things have to happen. If the man or woman want the child it gets a chance. No one here is saying the man should be able to "opt out" but the woman cannot. I saying both should be able to "opt out" or either can vote for live. 

(05-29-2019, 07:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes; however, it should more appropriately be called responsibility instead of punishment.

What punishment do you think the father should receive

The literal definition of punishment is "the infliction or imposition of a penalty as retribution for an offense."

Forcing a woman to go through the physical, financial and mental strain of having a child for no other reason than because you believe she was having sex irresponsibly (coincidentally, controlling women's sexual habits is a wonderfully celebrated tradition in nearly every culture at one time of the other) is about as close to the true example of Punishment than I could even think of.

That is, of course, unless you believe all life is sacred. And, if that's the case, then you should be against abortion whether it was consensual or not. As your concern is not the state or punishment or the woman, but of the health of the baby.

(05-29-2019, 07:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's not about 2 wrongs, she never had a choice in the matter and it's up to her which way she wants to proceed. Depending on age, I prefer she carry and put of for adoption if she can't handle the baby.

I would not force a child that was raped and became pregnant, to carry the baby to term. would you?

No, I would not. Because I think a woman should be able to abort regardless of the method in which she was impregnated. When she chose to have sex, she did not consent to having a child and it should be her right to make that decision when it becomes relevant. 

Whether she consented to the sex or not only has relevance in the topic of abortion if you believe that women who have sex irresponsibly deserve the punishment of a child they do not want.

(05-29-2019, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, you're kinda suggesting both things have to happen. If the man or woman want the child it gets a chance. No one here is saying the man should be able to "opt out" but the woman cannot. I saying both should be able to "opt out" or either can vote for live. 

If abortion were legalized for any time in a pregnancy and there was someway to prevent conservatives from ever attempting to overturn it through happenstance of who is president at the time that a few people with lifetime positions happen to die or get sick, then I think paper abortions would be perfectly fine.

But you can't have the latter before you have the former. Otherwise, all you're doing is cultivating single mothers who have no financial support from the party that is equally "responsible" for the child bearing no responsibility.

However, until the woman's rights are secured, there's no reason to discuss men's rights, as they are not the ones being infringed upon at this time.

(05-29-2019, 08:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If abortion were legalized for any time in a pregnancy and there was someway to prevent conservatives from ever attempting to overturn it through happenstance of who is president at the time that a few people with lifetime positions happen to die or get sick, then I think paper abortions would be perfectly fine.

But you can't have the latter before you have the former. Otherwise, all you're doing is cultivating single mothers who have no financial support from the party that is equally "responsible" for the child bearing no responsibility.

However, until the woman's rights are secured, there's no reason to discuss men's rights, as they are not the ones being infringed upon at this time.

Right now the woman can opt out, the man cannot; how are her rights being infringed upon? 

I don't see the logic (equality) in the current system that allows the woman to opt in/out and the male has to accept "her choice". Where is "his choice"?

(05-29-2019, 07:57 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: 1. The literal definition of punishment is "the infliction or imposition of a penalty as retribution for an offense."

2. Forcing a woman to go through the physical, financial and mental strain of having a child for no other reason than because you believe she was having sex irresponsibly (coincidentally, controlling women's sexual habits is a wonderfully celebrated tradition in nearly every culture at one time of the other) is about as close to the true example of Punishment than I could even think of.

3. That is, of course, unless you believe all life is sacred. And, if that's the case, then you should be against abortion whether it was consensual or not. As your concern is not the state or punishment or the woman, but of the health of the baby.

1. I don't think your definition helps your stance; however, the definition of responsibility is: moral, legal, or mental accountability. 

2. The reason is not I believe she was having sex irresponsibly. She may have been very responsible. My stance is the male has a say and he shouldn't be punished based on the whims of the female.

3. Of course I believe all life is sacred; however, I realize we live in a secular world. 

Why should the male be subject to "choices" of the female? Because of sex?

(05-29-2019, 08:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Right now the woman can opt out, the man cannot; how are her rights being infringed upon? 

I don't see the logic (equality) in the current system that allows the woman to opt in/out and the male has to accept "her choice". Where is "his choice"?

There are literally being laws passed that are attacking her ability to "opt out." That is how they're being infringed upon.

(05-29-2019, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. I don't think your definition helps your stance; however, the definition of responsibility is: moral, legal, or mental accountability. 

2. The reason is not I believe she was having sex irresponsibly. She may have been very responsible. My stance is the male has a say and he shouldn't be punished based on the whims of the female.

3. Of course I believe all life is sacred; however, I realize we live in a secular world. 

Why should the male be subject to "choices" of the female? Because of sex?

I was hesitant about the definition because it does say it is a response to an offense. And having sex is not an offense. So I guess we don't even have a word for the idea of forcing an innocent person to suffer a consequence that they can easily avoid via abortion.

(05-29-2019, 08:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was hesitant about the definition because it does say it is a response to an offense. And having sex is not an offense. So I guess we don't even have a word for the idea of forcing an innocent person to suffer a consequence that they can easily avoid via abortion.

But we do have a word for killing an innocent unborn child. 

(05-29-2019, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But we do have a word for killing an innocent child. 

Yea, Pedicide. Or infanticide in some cases. But neither is really relevant to the topic at hand.

(05-29-2019, 08:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, Pedicide. Or infanticide in some cases. But neither is really relevant to the topic at hand.

You're quick on your reply as you see I edited my post about the same time you replied. Pretty sure it's relevant with or without the edit