Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Dunlap traded to Seattle - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Dunlap traded to Seattle (/Thread-Dunlap-traded-to-Seattle)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - jfkbengals - 10-28-2020

According to Pete Carroll the deal is not complete yet. He stated it on Moving the Chains a short time ago.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 06:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: According to Pete Carroll the deal is not complete yet. He stated it on Moving the Chains a short time ago.

Bengals announced it's official.

Dunlap traded to Seattle - fullonbehavior - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 01:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Are you actually defending the complete lack of effort Dunlap has shown this season? Dude has been checked out every game I've watched. Jogging after plays he used to run after, as soon as he is blocked on the pass rush, he just stops, zero effort.

He is a former Pro-Bowl guy, and that will lead to coaches and other teams thinking they can get something out of him still. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it fails. (See Antonio Brown) 

He’ll put in effort the rest of the season just to “show that it’s the Bengals fault”. He”ll be back to loafing next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - coachmcneil71 - 10-28-2020

Again, "honka-honka" .... Squeaky wheel gets the grease in the NFL. Is a win, win, I suppose.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - 2MinutesHate - 10-28-2020

I'm sorry, but I do not see how this team has improved with this trade.

Why can't we trade Lou's dumb ass instead? Let's try that first.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Weazzel80 - 10-28-2020

Does anyone how the dead money works with a traded player? Do we eat the dead money since we traded him or does Seattle take on the contract and we don't owe anything?

OverTheCap says we owe 2.25 m in dead money for 2020 and I don' t know how it works for future years

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - SHRacerX - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 02:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: brokenhandle.jpg]

Here's a broken shovel, now go dig me some ditches. No use whining about it when you could just work harder to dig the ditches with it instead.  (The broken shovel in this metaphor is Anarumo's crap D scheme.)

People keep talking about "the culture" being built here. At what point does this "culture" become about winning? Or producing good results?

I wouldn't want to build a team of people with your mindset.  Dunlap was 100% responsible for his poor play and lack of effort.  Blaming the coaches is just pathetic.  Did Green blame the coaches?  We thought it was trending that way, but he saw Higgins and Boyd balling out and he realized it isn't the offense, it was him.

Accountability is everything.  In life and in sports.  Dunlap doesn't have any.  Good riddance.  

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 07:24 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I'm sorry, but I do not see how this team has improved with this trade.

Why can't we trade Lou's dumb ass instead?   Let's try that first.

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it.

If you regard Dunlap as a Pro-Bowl, or starting level DE who gives you 9 sacks a year, we certainly did not.

If you regard Dunlap as a guy who had become a locker room cancer, and was giving you crap effort on the field, and was going to continue to give crap effort on the field, then we most certainly did.

In either case, we saved a bunch of $$. Finney is due to make $3 mil next year & can be cut scott free. Dunlap is at $11.25 next year and had a $2+ mil dead cap number. Plus, Finney is close to being as good as Hopkins/Price and is cheaper than either.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - psychdoctor - 10-28-2020

This will not affect signing Spain which if he does sign, will be Friday but I would be surprised if Spain plays against Titans.

Sad for Price with Finney signing as he looked good in limited snaps against Brownies. If Bengals move Price, the appeal will be he is still on rookie contract, is young, maybe get conditional 6th for him.

Bengals need to move Ross for 5-6th rounder or he will walk.

I also think Bengals should move on from Atkins. I think the Bengals most valuable trade bait is Green. I am still ambivalent on what the front office should do with him.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Nicomo Cosca - 10-28-2020

I’m just glad we got something for him. Also rid ourselves of that contract (and his shenanigans).

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 07:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wouldn't want to build a team of people with your mindset.  Dunlap was 100% responsible for his poor play and lack of effort.  Blaming the coaches is just pathetic.  Did Green blame the coaches?  We thought it was trending that way, but he saw Higgins and Boyd balling out and he realized it isn't the offense, it was him.

Accountability is everything.  In life and in sports.  Dunlap doesn't have any.  Good riddance.  

Noticed it was AJ fighting with Dunlap on the sideline at the end of the game. Might say something there.

Agreed on Dunlap, he wasn't playing worth a damn and had a bad attitude this season on top of it. Good trade.

Needed to happen badly. Now lets see some more trades improving the team eh?

BTW, also nice seeing AJ's game coming around, maybe he was just rusty after all...

As for more deals:

1) Ross should be traded. Though I would try to showcase him for a game. Lets someone else catch punts and de-activate Erickson.

2) Price. No way do I trade him now. Perhaps in the off-season. But give him a shot. Heck, he could outplay Hopkins. Price & Finney combined make around what Hopkins does, if their play is about equal.....

3) Atkins. I give Geno a pass with the shoulder.

(10-28-2020, 07:32 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: Does anyone how the dead money works with a traded player? Do we eat the dead money since we traded him or does Seattle take on the contract and we don't owe anything?

OverTheCap says we owe 2.25 m in dead money for 2020 and I don' t know how it works for future years

Not sure. Though I was assuming we were scott free next year. But as you say, Spotrac has us down for $2.25 mil on Dunlap in 2021. Heck, it still nets us $9 mil in savings. 

(10-28-2020, 07:52 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

I'd assume Sutherland or Seifert get waived.

(10-28-2020, 07:54 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I'd assume Sutherland or Seifert get waived.

I don't think it will be the kicker.   Also, I changed the post to more reliable source.  Rapoport.  

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 07:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: As for more deals:

1) Ross should be traded. Though I would try to showcase him for a game. Lets someone else catch punts and de-activate Erickson.

2) Price. No way do I trade him now. Perhaps in the off-season. But give him a shot. Heck, he could outplay Hopkins. Price & Finney combined make around what Hopkins does, if their play is about equal.....

Agree, trade Ross would be my move. His speed should intrigue teams, we are good at WR with AJ getting better as the year
goes on, Higgins becoming a stud and Boyd being the stud he always is. Ross brings nothing to us at this point but I wouldn't
mind giving him a few snaps as you say and showcase him. Do it right though and use that speed.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - SHRacerX - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 07:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: As for more deals:

Ross befuddles me.  How would they get anything for him if he isn't playing?  I don't think they are hoping to sign him for less by not playing him, as he would probably much rather leave, and since they declined his 5th year option, I believe that makes him an URFA.

I think he still might get some snaps as injuries are already piling up and we aren't even at the halfway point yet.

Price has the most value as a backup.  He would bring nothing on trade.

Geno I still hope will turn it on, but he sure has been ineffective.  I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if you remember they didn't IR him before the season as they still expected him to be back in less than three weeks, so how bad could it have been?  And it is week 7 and he still isn't showing anything.  

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Bengalstripes9 - 10-28-2020

Definitely needed to happen. I'm happy to see they are looking at adding the two offensive lineman, with what's happening to the depth there.

In hindsight, they def. should have done this last year--knowing full well they wanted to change schemes next year. We would have received a lot more value. Maybe they didn't want to give the appearance that they were tanking? Who knows; glad it's done though.

Our defense needs pass rushers. I like Lawson and Hubbard--but they obviously aren't enough. Having Reader and a healthy Atkins would give us a good inside rush. But let's be honest, Reader is replacing Atkins.

We seem to have a lot of good run stopping defensive lineman.

If this defense had a premier pass rusher, I think we could be really good. Lawson on one side and someone comparable to Bosa (or even Lawson) on the other--we could be really good. Need a top 4 pick for someone like Bosa though--and I don't know what's available in the draft.

I kind of feel like we're going to start winning some games though. I don't think we'll make the playoffs--but I could see us playing ourselves out of the top 10. At that point we'll have to do a great job in our draft analysis.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Wes Mantooth - 10-28-2020

Re: Cap Hits

We save somewhere around 3.9 mil this season by trading him. (Note: Had we cut him we would have saved nothing this year, as his base salary this season was fully guaranteed.)

He now has a dead cap hit of 2.25 for next season. The remaining 11+ mil for 2021 is now completely off the books.

The player Finny, who is coming in, will cost us around 1.5 mil this season and just over 4 mil next season if we choose to keep him. We can cut him without owing him anything if we choose.

So, the deal basically looks like this:

We trade Carlos Dunlap.

We receive BJ Finney, a 7th round pick, and clear 2.4 mil (Dunlap savings - Finney cost) off 2020's books. We also clear off 11 mil in 2021.