Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss (/Thread-The-Left-Is-Cancelling-Dr-Seuss)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - jason - 03-04-2021

I haven't read this Dr. Seuss book...

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - Nately120 - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 06:35 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I like how some people say they love free market capitalism but also want to tell someone how to run their business.

I agree with you, but if the government starts forcing me to bake super gay cakes I'm not going to be terribly upset.

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - BFritz21 - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 06:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've already provided many studies that explain this all to you, and you have chosen to ignore them, just as you choose to ignore anything that disproves your narrow, closed minded worldview. You'd rather wallow in your bigotry, and I'm going to leave you to it.

You've provided many studies explaining that men don't have penises and woman don't have vaginas?!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

(03-04-2021, 06:36 PM)jason Wrote: I haven't read this Dr. Seuss book...

Stay tuned, I have a feeling Bfritz's heart is going to grow 3 sizes by the end.

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - Belsnickel - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 06:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You've provided many studies explaining that men don't have penises and woman don't have vaginas?!

Ah, yes, reductio ad abusrdum. Your use of this fallacious argument is noted and highlights your lack of any real understanding of the topic so as to provide an adequate response.

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - fredtoast - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 06:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You've provided many studies explaining that men don't have penises and woman don't have vaginas?!

The difference between "gender" and "sex" has been explained to you multiple times.

You can refuse to acknowledge that those two words have different meanings, but that does not change the fact that they do.  All it does is make you look stupid.

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - Wes Mantooth - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 06:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're the one with science on your side?!

Men have penises.  

Woman have vaginas.

Show me the science that refutes that because that's what I've been arguing.

Obligatory...

(03-04-2021, 06:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ah, yes, reductio ad abusrdum. Your use of this fallacious argument is noted and highlights your lack of any real understanding of the topic so as to provide an adequate response.
At birth, a doctor assigns a baby as male or female due to having a penis or vagina.

So did they change or was the doctor wrong?
(03-04-2021, 06:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Obligatory...

I have that scene in mind every time this topic is discussed!  

REP!

Imagine the protests if that movie were released today!

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - TheUberHuber - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 07:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At birth, a doctor assigns a baby as male or female due to having a penis or vagina.

REP!

Interesting, as that seems to be about your level of understanding. 

(03-04-2021, 07:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At birth, a doctor assigns a baby as male or female due to having a penis or vagina.

REP!

Can you even attempt to answer the question about the difference between "sex" and "gender identity"?

Like I said before.  You can keep denying that they have different meanings, but that does not change the truth.

(03-04-2021, 07:17 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Interesting, as that seems to be about your level of understanding. 

Yep.  He just denies the existence of "gender dysphoria".  

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - masonbengals fan - 03-04-2021

This has turned out to be an entertaining thread anyhow. Popcorn

(03-04-2021, 07:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Imagine the protests if that movie were released today!

I'd imagine that simplistic view of gender is a lot less cute when an adult says it.

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 07:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd imagine that simplistic view of gender is a lot less cute when an adult says it.

Then why were people always upset with the things Trump said?  Cool

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - Lucidus - 03-04-2021

REP!

Possessing a penis or vagina says nothing about what one is or feels mentally / internally. 

If one's gender is defined simply by genitalia, then it discounts the individual's root essence [that which is the invariable truth of their nature] and forces them to be bound to an identity that is merely derived from a particular sexual organ. 

(03-04-2021, 07:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd imagine that simplistic view of gender is a lot less cute when an adult says it.

Cute.  

If gender was just a social construct and it's just a choice, then why wouldn't people choose the gender to match their biological sex?

(03-04-2021, 08:15 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Possessing a penis or vagina says nothing about what one is or feels mentally / internally. 

If one's gender is defined simply by genitalia, then it discounts the individual's root essence [that which is the invariable truth of their nature] and forces them to be bound to an identity that is merely derived from a particular sexual organ. 

So you believe a person can be both male and female?

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - Lucidus - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 08:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you believe a person can be both male and female?

When you were born, you were given a label based on your genitalia [male or female]. That label in no way describes who you actually are, how you will identify or who you will be attracted to; it simply categorizes you based on a specific physical aspect.

One could easily be male as described by the physical state of their birth, but be female as dictated by the actual and invariable nature of their essence.

(03-04-2021, 08:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Cute.  

If gender was just a social construct and it's just a choice, then why wouldn't people choose the gender to match their biological sex?

You still don't get it.  It is not "just a choice".

Why do you think homosexuals "choose" to be attracted to the same sex?

(03-04-2021, 08:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you believe a person can be both male and female?

Are you talking about "sex" or "gender identity"?