Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about (/Thread-What-Vegas-and-the-National-Media-is-not-talking-about)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - Bengalholic - 08-27-2022

(08-27-2022, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not so strange if you watch the video I posted.  Mahommes had running lanes in the second half.  Mahommes had open receivers in the second half.  Our defense did not "shut down" all his options.  He just played poorly and made a lot of bad decisions.

For years we saw how Dalton played in playoff games.  How many people here were giving all the credit to opposing DC's for coming up with schemes to shut down Andy?

There are other really good videos out there that go into detail explaining why Mahomes was so confused, why he was not trusting what he was seeing and why he was making poor decisions. You might want to watch a few of those before you say it was just a case of Mahomes playing poorly. There's a reason why he looked like a confused rookie in the 2nd half. 

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - Synric - 08-27-2022

(08-27-2022, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not so strange if you watch the video I posted.  Mahommes had running lanes in the second half.  Mahommes had open receivers in the second half.  Our defense did not "shut down" all his options.  He just played poorly and made a lot of bad decisions.

For years we saw how Dalton played in playoff games.  How many people here were giving all the credit to opposing DC's for coming up with schemes to shut down Andy?

No defense is perfect there are always options and they are very easy to point out from an aerial view in film study... Lou did a good job keeping him confused with his rotating coverage.

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - Leon - 08-27-2022

(08-27-2022, 03:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What have we here?

its funny that he calls every one else trolls and hes the biggest troll on the site. i dont know why any one take him seriosly at all. its clear he is just trying to argue cause he dont have nothin else to do which you can see by his post count. thats crazy.

i thought the po run was awsome and the bengals deserve all the credit in the world for what they did. any one not wanting to give them credit is just trying to start arguments. our defense was so good in that run and i hope that carrys over and we have a top defense this year. 

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-27-2022

You just don't understand what you are seeing. We had our DB's running underneath as Synric said, the Receivers might
of looked open but they weren't. If Mahomes would of thrown it on a lot of those occasions he would of thrown more than
a few picks. Our Defense was the reason why he made those poor decisions and played poorly.

And it is spelled Mahomes, not Mahommes.

(08-27-2022, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You just don't understand what you are seeing. We had our DB's running underneath as Synric said, the Receivers might
of looked open but they weren't. If Mahomes would of thrown it on a lot of those occasions he would of thrown more than
a few picks. Our Defense was the reason why he made those poor decisions and played poorly.

dont matter what you tell him buddy. hes trolling big time.

the bengals were great in the last half of that game and anyone knows that.

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - Soonerpeace - 08-27-2022

(08-27-2022, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because it was more Mahommes screwing up and choking than our defense shutting down all of his options.  If we do the exact same thing against him next game there is a good chance he does not play as poorly.  A little film study with Reid will show him what he missed.  But a lot of people here are acting like Lou invented some new scheme that will transform how the league plays against Mahommes.  

???
And it’s that underrated defense that helped lift the Bengals to the Super Bowl that had the attention of Rams head coach Sean McVay after practice. Just really sound,” McVay said. “I think they’ve got really good players on all three levels of the defense. I think Lou does a tremendous job of being able to keep you off balance offensively but, a lot of really good football players, they tackle well, they see things as one. They play the run well, they play the pass well and they understand what offenses are trying to get done. I’d be really surprised if this wasn’t going to be an excellent defense this year and pick up right where they left off.”

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - Soonerpeace - 08-27-2022

(08-27-2022, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You just don't understand what you are seeing. We had our DB's running underneath as Synric said, the Receivers might

Fred not understanding what he’s seeing?

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - TKUHL - 08-27-2022

(08-22-2022, 07:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 1. The Continuity and gained experience of Zac,Lou,and Brian foremost but the staff in general.
2. The Continuity of Joe and his receivers
3. The Continuity of all 11 defensive starters returning
4. The improved OL will help in our biggest weaknesses the red zone and short yardage
5. The improved OL should expand our playbook. In the Athletic Podcast earlier this summer Brian and Zac lamented how it severely limited what they wanted to do on offense.
6. The Bengals weren’t a fluke. Flukes don’t beat KC twice. Flukes don’t beat Baltimore 41-17 & 41-21 Pittsburg 41-10 & 24-10 Beat the Raiders 32-13 on the road. Go win in the playoffs on the road in OT & last 30 seconds. They were 6-2 to end the season ( not counting the Browns)

Good points. I think the team that will surprise a lot of people this year that’s not getting much love is Denver. They have a top 3 defense and added some nice pieces on offense. My early pick for the 2 teams in the AFC Championship is Cincy Vs Denver. We win of course ?

(08-27-2022, 04:33 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Good points. I think the team that will surprise a lot of people this year that’s not getting much love is Denver. They have a top 3 defense and added some nice pieces on offense. My early pick for the 2 teams in the AFC Championship is Cincy Vs Denver. We win of course ?

interesting. hadnt really gave denver to much thought

(08-27-2022, 03:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There are other really good videos out there that go into detail explaining why Mahomes was so confused, why he was not trusting what he was seeing and why he was making poor decisions. You might want to watch a few of those before you say it was just a case of Mahomes playing poorly. There's a reason why he looked like a confused rookie in the 2nd half. 

KC kicked 2 field goals total in the second halves of both our games. Mahomes generated no TD’s. Fred doesn’t want to give this staff any credit. Mahomes played excellent in the first halves but suddenly couldn’t the second halves? Adjustments had no bearing??? Fred’s so silly

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - Bengalfan4life27c - 08-27-2022

Was it a Fluke Burrow had highest YPA and comp%. Was it fluke our 2nd half defense was elite last 4 meaningful regular season games and post season run? Those happened more than once so not a fluke more like a trend.

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - BoomerFan - 08-27-2022

If the Oline has really improved and we stay healthy I like our chances.

(08-27-2022, 05:01 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Was it a Fluke Burrow had highest YPA and comp%. Was it fluke our 2nd half defense was elite last 4 meaningful regular season games and post season run? Those happened more than once so not a fluke more like a trend.

according to fredtoast the whole season was a fluke

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-27-2022

(08-27-2022, 04:21 PM)Leon Wrote: dont matter what you tell him buddy. hes trolling big time.

the bengals were great in the last half of that game and anyone knows that.

Guess so, you would think common sense and your eyes would eventually make you see the truth but I guess Fred 
doesn't have either or is just too stubborn in his stance to see it.

(08-27-2022, 04:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Fred not understanding what he’s seeing?

Sometimes I wonder if he even watches the games...

(08-27-2022, 04:33 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Good points. I think the team that will surprise a lot of people this year that’s not getting much love is Denver. They have a top 3 defense and added some nice pieces on offense. My early pick for the 2 teams in the AFC Championship is Cincy Vs Denver. We win of course ?

The Broncos will probably be the most improved team in the league this year with Russell Wilson now on that
team. I get to watch a lot of them where I live and yes their Defense is damn good especially their Secondary with
Patrick Surtain and company. Plus they have a much better OL than Seattle had been putting out there in front of 
Russell all those years. Really like Meinerz their Guard and wanted us to draft him.

The Bills started all their starters against the Broncos last week and just beat the shit out of them though, probably
cause the Broncos started their backups but it sure didn't look good lol

Will be quite the fight for that Division. I still think the Raiders and Chargers will be battling for the crown in that 
Division. Chiefs won't be near as good this season as they were last and all the other teams in the AFCW improved 
big time.

(08-27-2022, 05:01 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Was it a Fluke Burrow had highest YPA and comp%. Was it fluke our 2nd half defense was elite last 4 meaningful regular season games and post season run? Those happened more than once so not a fluke more like a trend.

No such thing as flukes IMO. Yes it is a trend and it should trend into this season for us starting with beating down Pitt.

(08-27-2022, 05:02 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: If the Oline has really improved and we stay healthy I like our chances.

Same, if the OL stays healthy I have no idea how good Burrow and Mixon will play...

Never seen the Joe's with a good OL honestly.

(08-27-2022, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Guess so, you would think common sense and your eyes would eventually make you see the truth but I guess Fred 
doesn't have either or is just too stubborn in his stance to see it.

Sometimes I wonder if he even watches the games...

from what ive seen of his posts i dont think he watches any games. theres no way. seems more like he looks at recaps and stats and just goes of that. cause if he had actually watched the kc game or the playoff games he couldnt have these terrible opinions. it wouldnt make any sense except if you didnt actually watch. combine that with the fact he loves trolling then it makes more sense

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - fredtoast - 08-28-2022

(08-27-2022, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You just don't understand what you are seeing. We had our DB's running underneath as Synric said, the Receivers might

NFL Hall-of-Fame quarterback Kurt Warner disagrees and has film to back up his opinion.

I believe him over you.  Especially since he points it out on film.

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - fredtoast - 08-28-2022

(08-27-2022, 04:08 PM)Leon Wrote: its funny that he calls every one else trolls and hes the biggest troll on the site. 

Let's go over some of the signs of trolling.  First, making completely untrue statements like.  .  .  

(08-27-2022, 05:04 PM)Leon Wrote: according to fredtoast the whole season was a fluke

Next, "ignoring evidence".  I post video break down of the game by Kurt Warner, and what is Leon's reply?

(08-27-2022, 05:47 PM)Leon Wrote:  if he had actually watched the kc game or the playoff games he couldnt have these terrible opinions. it wouldnt make any sense except if you didnt actually watch. combine that with the fact he loves trolling then it makes more sense

An, finally, personal insults

(08-27-2022, 05:47 PM)Leon Wrote:   he loves trolling 

So to recep, I have made no false statemenst, I have not ingored any evidence presented, and I have not made any personal attacks.

Meanwhile Leon has made false statements, ignored evidence, and made personal attacks.

So who is the troll here?

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - bfine32 - 08-28-2022

(08-28-2022, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let's go over some of the signs of trolling.  First, making completely untrue statements like.  .  .  

Next, "ignoring evidence".  I post video break down of the game by Kurt Warner, and what is Leon's reply?

An, finally, personal insults

So to recep, I have made no false statemenst, I have not ingored any evidence presented, and I have not made any personal attacks.

Meanwhile Leon has made false statements, ignored evidence, and made personal attacks.

So who is the troll here?

Your very first post in this thread was a personal attack, you've ignored evidence presented by numerous sources to dispute your claim of "fluke", 

Was your final question meant to be rhetorical?

(08-28-2022, 03:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your very first post in this thread was a personal attack,

No it was not.  It was a dispute over his definition of the word "fluke".  I told him he was wrong.  That is not a personal attack.

(08-28-2022, 03:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: you've ignored evidence presented by numerous sources to dispute your claim of "fluke", 

No, I have not.  I have addressed every argument everyone has made.  What "evidence" (not personal opinion) do you claim I have "ignored"?  PLease use to quote function so I can address it if I have missed something.

(08-28-2022, 03:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was your final question meant to be rhetorical?

No.  I pointed out three examples of troll behavior by Leon with direct quotes to support my claims.  So what is your answer?

RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - bfine32 - 08-28-2022

(08-28-2022, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it was not.  It was a dispute over his definition of the word "fluke".  I told him he was wrong.  That is not a personal attack.

No, I have not.  I have addressed every argument everyone has made.  What "evidence" (not personal opinion) do you claim I have "ignored"?  PLease use to quote function so I can address it if I have missed something.

No.  I pointed out three examples of troll behavior by Leon with direct quotes to support my claims.  So what is your answer?

It was a personal attack. You did not disagree; you told the dude he didn't know the definition of a word.

Troll Post:

"You don't know the definition of fluke"

Rational Post

"I disagree with your view of not a fluke"

You ignored about 85% of the points made; you just regurgitated the same pointless rhetoric. . Let's just see if we can get a answer to the crux of the dewbate:
The definition of fluke:
something, usually a good thing, that has happened as result of chance instead of skill or planning.

You've provided nothing to dispute the Bengals had a great season last year because of skill and planning. Instead, you'll come up with something senseless like "I guess they planned to be terrible in the first half of the Chiefs games".  

And then when asked: "Did Andy Reid plan to lose the games" you come up with crickets...

The Bengals went to the Super Bowl last year because of skill and planning.

But I will give you credit: You have made "someone look silly" over these last 10 pages.