Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - bfine32 - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No reason to spend $$ on another backup, he won;t be out that long plus this team is built to win without Joe .... they can survive if needed without his service for a short time period...

If the team is built to win without Joe, then why should we resign him?

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - phil413 - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No reason to spend $$ on another backup, he won;t be out that long plus this team is built to win without Joe .... they can survive if needed with his service for a short time period...

That's not what was going through my mind when the initial estimate wrongly broke.  If we would have been out of 2 or 3 games, I trust Bridgewater to manage a win over the Browns and possibly beat Baltimore.  I get that Siemian is our guy, but a 1 or 2 game swing could mean seeding or a bye.  

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Essex Johnson - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If the team is built to win without Joe, then why should we resign him?

reread my post.. this is can built to win games for a window of games.. lets reverse it , how did Burrow do rookie year wins and losses.. not good, he played well but still need a team around him.. Now we have in my life time which spans our franchise the best balanced team i have seen.. good teams can win without their QB, but over prolong period that normally is difficult.. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - NUGDUKWE - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 09:40 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Muscle tightness.. but in all seriousness, if he thought he could give it a go.. you give it a go.  

These things happen, better now than 5-6 weeks.

I mean I was questioning why he was practicing with a wrap on that it showed he clearly already had an issue. I get that if its just muscle tightness that he may want to practice but why is he scrambling around. Definitely seems like a mistake but thats easy to say now that whatever the ailment is has been aggravated. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Essex Johnson - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:52 PM)phil413 Wrote: That's not what was going through my mind when the initial estimate wrongly broke.  If we would have been out of 2 or 3 games, I trust Bridgewater to manage a win over the Browns and possibly beat Baltimore.  I get that Siemian is our guy, but a 1 or 2 game swing could mean seeding or a bye.  

we are a better team than last year, more experienced, core coaching staff back ec.. Siemian has started before, he doe not have to be great just manage the team, we are really selling our players short if we don;t think we can win games without Joe.. and very $$ counts more and more to extensions etc

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - NUGDUKWE - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No reason to spend $$ on another backup, he won;t be out that long plus this team is built to win without Joe .... they can survive if needed without his service for a short time period...

Not sure how we are built to win without Joe? I could see maybe if we still had Bates and Bell but certainly not with a rebuilt secondary do I think any way shape or form built to live without Joe Burrow in the line up.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:29 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah mentioned him earlier, he makes too much sense. Career 66% completion percentage, solid in a pinch and can't be that expensive.  Hopefully they've accounted for the extensions and would consider the opportunity to showcase and maybe win a ring.  Maybe 3M with 1M in incentives?

.... I'd take it.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nicomo Cosca - 07-27-2023

Bridgewater is probably going to sign with the Lions.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - basballguy - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: we are a better team than last year, more experienced, core coaching staff back ec.. Siemian has started before, he doe not have to be great just manage the team, we are really selling our players short if we don;t think we can win games without Joe.. and very $$ counts more and more to extensions etc

You always get it.  

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Au165 - 07-27-2023

They didn't sign Trevor Siemian to be the back only to go sign a different one when they actually needed to use...the back up. If Burrow was going to miss a long time I could see them looking to someone like a Wentz or Ryan and bet on maybe rekindling higher upside magic but if he is back relatively quickly (season start or a week in) I just don't see it.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Vas Deferens - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you sent me a message, what would prevent me from revealing that info? Or someone else from doing the same? Nothing. So it would be irresponsible and idiotic to reveal that info to a rando like me if you actually wanted to protect your source.

What could you possibly report that hasn’t already been reported or won’t be reported or speculated about? And who the hell are you worried might be monitoring your posts like they’re encrypted WWII Nazi communications and they’re trying to crack your code?

You are clearly sooner and this is a smokescreen.

I’ll pm everyone the msg breech sent me earlier. It’s titillating

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 07-27-2023

He's played in 42 out of what 49 games including one that he was sat out of at the end of the year right?

Not exactly injury prone. Less so than Tee Higgins at least. Fortunately most of his injuries have been in the offseason.

As far as the QB don't we have 3 QB's right now?

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: His lengthy injury history dates back to OSU and LSU. 

He also hurt his knee at the end of 2021. I’m not slamming Joe he is tough as they come but there’s been always some “bad luck” surrounding him healthwise. 

I think if anything by now we are kinda seeing that play out his professional career as time goes.

It’s almost as if he plays a contact sport at the highest level of competition in the world against professional athletes.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - MTBengalsFan - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 11:14 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You are clearly sooner and this is a smokescreen.

I’ll pm everyone the msg breech sent me earlier.   It’s titillating

Seems to me titillating is a synonym for exciting. I can't imagine getting "excited" about bad news. So now I wait to hear what this "titillating" is all about.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - sandwedge - 07-28-2023

(07-27-2023, 05:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He will be ready for the opener, no reason to play him until the real games after this scare.

He will still need to work in practice

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nicomo Cosca - 07-28-2023

(07-27-2023, 11:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It’s almost as if he plays a contact sport at the highest level of competition in the world against professional athletes.

It’s a miracle he hasn’t been banged up more considering the beating he took his first few years.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Bengalbug - 07-28-2023

(07-27-2023, 11:14 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He's played in 42 out of what 49 games including one that he was sat out of at the end of the year right?

Not exactly injury prone. Less so than Tee Higgins at least. Fortunately most of his injuries have been in the offseason.

As far as the QB don't we have 3 QB's right now?

The only games he missed due to injury was torn ACL, you are right.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Bengalbug - 07-28-2023

(07-27-2023, 11:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: They didn't sign Trevor Siemian to be the back only to go sign a different one when they actually needed to use...the back up. If Burrow was going to miss a long time I could see them looking to someone like a Wentz or Ryan and bet on maybe rekindling higher upside magic but if he is back relatively quickly (season start or a week in) I just don't see it.

Spot on. I’d say burrow probable (75%) to start week 1. Even if he were to miss the first few weeks, is a guy like Bridgewater objectively “that” much better than Siemian. I know bridgewater had a better collegiate career, but as nfl players… when given the opportunity, they are about the same. Fwiw.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Memphis_Bengal - 07-28-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So here's another scenario. Disclaimer:I don't believe this, but what if???? They were talking on NFL radio about RBs sitting out and costing themselves fines of 50K per day or more. They said the new move is players sitting in, ie they show up and all of a sudden they have a tight hammy or something that keeps them off the field until their contract is signed, but negates the fine. So what's the chances Burrow's agent told him to do this until he gets his new contract? I really don't think that's Joe's style, but just about any other player and I would be suspicious.

So you are questioning Joe Burrow's integrity and ethics by suggesting this. I'm dumber for having read this.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Essex Johnson - 07-28-2023

(07-27-2023, 11:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: They didn't sign Trevor Siemian to be the back only to go sign a different one when they actually needed to use...the back up. If Burrow was going to miss a long time I could see them looking to someone like a Wentz or Ryan and bet on maybe rekindling higher upside magic but if he is back relatively quickly (season start or a week in) I just don't see it.

No need to panic, the injury from all accounts is not major plus we upgraded upgraded at QB, they are sticking with Trevor. Also the bengals have the talent on both sides of the ball to win with Trevor, of course it will be harder without Burrow but lets look at it this way, say we were looking for a QB with this roster, do you think players like Stafford  Rodgers Wilson would be interested if they were free agents ? of course they would, many QBs would want to play with this offense plus have this defense and staff. I really don't see Burrow missing any games but no need to panic or rush him back if he misses some