Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations (/Thread-Bengals-Packers-Preseason-Game-One-Observations)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Housh - 08-11-2023

We were talking about 3 safety looks with Hill, Battle and Scott but damn is Nick Scott in trouble with Tycen playing well?

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Synric - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 09:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: With the exception of Tycen, this has been an ugly showing for this defensive unit

Jay Tufele has been wrecking the backup Offensive Line but didnt win against the starters.

(08-11-2023, 09:37 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Love what I’m seeing from the young safeties. Seems like we’re deep there.
DJ Turner looks good.

Not much from our 1st round pick.
Backup QB is a bit of a need. I liked our chances last year better if burrow went down.

No way you like Allen over Browning

Allen was TRASH

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - masonbengals fan - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 09:36 PM)Synric Wrote: He's been out of position a couple times too. Most of the secondary has been up and down so far besides Anderson and Daxton Hill.

1st game for him. I like what I see & liked the pick when it was made. 

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Bengalion - 08-11-2023

Winners so far: Tycen Anderson, D.j Turner, Tufele, Hudson. Pass protection has been ok.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Joelist - 08-11-2023

Browning has more zip on the ball than last year but strangely he seems to have really questionable decision making skills in the pocket - he regressed in that department.

Really liked alot of defenders in that half

Anderson, Battle, Tufele, all made plays

Murphy was close on a lot of pressures but couldn’t get home. That was all over his scouting report too btw.

I wonder if Myles can run some OLB

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Bengalstripes9 - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 09:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe they are saving the run game for the season. I’m surprised they haven’t turned harder to establish the run and get a look at the backs more.

Yeah it doesn’t seem like we’re trying to run the ball more this year. I expect the offense to be pretty similar—which isn’t a bad thing. But it’s be nice to have a quicker back that’s good at pass pro.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - StoneTheCrow - 08-11-2023

Murphy has been stonewalled.

(08-11-2023, 09:40 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Murphy has been stonewalled.

Murphy's scouting report said he needs to learn more moves at the line. It shows.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - jj22 - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 09:37 PM)Housh Wrote: We were talking about 3 safety looks with Hill, Battle and Scott but damn is Nick Scott in trouble with Tycen playing well?

By the end of the year he’ll be what he’s always been. A ST ace. Thomas is in trouble for those who thought he had a shot. 

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - StoneTheCrow - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 09:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: Murphy's scouting report said he needs to learn more moves at the line. It shows.

He looks big and kind of slow for an edge player to me, but what the hell do I know?

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Bengalstripes9 - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 09:38 PM)Housh Wrote: No way you like Allen over Browning

Allen was TRASH

What would you call browning then? I thought Allen won a couple games atleast. I could be wrong.

My comment was more of a sarcastic comment—like, ‘browning is so bad he’s worse than Allen’ kind of comment.

I’m not going to argue trash qbs with you. It’d be nice to have a decent backup. We haven’t had one with burrow.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Bengalion - 08-11-2023

Any updates on Hudson? Thought it was a concussion

Murphy won’t be active early in the season. If at all this year without injury. Good news is the rest of the class looks promising.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - treee - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 09:43 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He looks big and kind of slow for an edge player to me, but what the hell do I know?

Based on what he's shown so far he needs to be on the interior in pass rush situations. Still could be a good strong side DE in running situations.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Danimal - 08-11-2023

Lot of things to be positive about. Anderson looks like a guy that needs to be on the field. Battle and Turner look promising. Poison Ivey is raw, not sure about him. Browning not looking very good at all. Kind of surprised at that. Money Mac seems to be back.

Kinda hard to judge Murphy when we were so completely vanilla and did literally nothing to give him any edge. No stunts, no twists, nothing. We just literally lined up 1-1 and went for it.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - BengalsLUFC - 08-11-2023

Defence missing studs has not looked bad at all.

Yoshi seems to be a 6ft+ guy who turns into a 4ft migit when the ball comes his way was hoping for better although Browning hasn’t looked great.

Still it’s so nice to see PBS and a somewhat meaningful game again for the first time in 7 months.

The ball is hot coming out of Semians hands