Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! (/Thread-CONTRACT-FINALIZED)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-08-2023

(09-08-2023, 12:10 AM)TheFan Wrote: Hah I 100% agree when it comes to on the field scenarios. If something could randomly go wrong for the Bengals it has.

But when it comes to signing our top players, that's one thing the Bengals have rarely failed to do. 

True dat.

(09-08-2023, 12:10 AM)TheFan Wrote: Hah I 100% agree when it comes to on the field scenarios. If something could randomly go wrong for the Bengals it has.

But when it comes to signing our top players, that's one thing the Bengals have rarely failed to do. 

When you go all the way back....Greg Cook, the cocaine bender, Marvin's jailhouse era, the refusing of the Saints' draft for Akili ****ing Smith, Dave Shula, there's been some off field and a big what if on a franchise QB. I had no idea what I was getting into back in the mid 80s, lol.

(09-08-2023, 12:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They might make some noise in a weak NFC but I’ll never be a big believer in Jared Goff. That said, finish them Chiefs off!

I haven’t watched the whole game but it sounds like KC’s new tackles look pretty shaky. After an entire offseason of hearing their fans bash Brown…

Yup, and the WRs were garbage. It was a fun game to watch. I don't like Goff either, but the Detroit oline is legit murderer's row.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - C0de_M0nkey - 09-08-2023

This is about what I expected. Joe Burrow is deservedly the highest paid player in the NFL now. The Mahomes contract turned out to be highway robbery for the Chiefs. They got Mahomes for 10 years with $160 million less guaranteed than Burrow.

Regarding Tee Higgins, he probably wasn’t coming back anyways. The Bengals arguably have the best track record drafting receivers in the 21st century. Even in the worst year we still had Tyler Boyd and Auden Tate. It makes sense to let Tee walk if he wants wr1 money.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Rubekahn29 - 09-08-2023

(09-08-2023, 12:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They might make some noise in a weak NFC but I’ll never be a big believer in Jared Goff. That said, finish them Chiefs off!

I haven’t watched the whole game but it sounds like KC’s new tackles look pretty shaky. After an entire offseason of hearing their fans bash Brown…

Juwan Taylor isn’t playing RT, he’s playing slot receiver.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Nicomo Cosca - 09-08-2023

(09-08-2023, 12:42 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Juwan Taylor isn’t playing RT, he’s playing slot receiver.

LOL LOL LOL

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Bengal Dude - 09-08-2023

I'm just glad the deal is finally done.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - grampahol - 09-08-2023

Quarter of a billion dollars to throw footballs..I picked the wrong occupation, but in 1977 nobody was getting paid anywhere near that much loot. 
I'm glad it's over, but I still don't believe anyone has ever been worth that kind of money.. I'll feel a lot better soon as Joe saves a few babies in burning buildings..lol

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - casear2727 - 09-08-2023

(09-07-2023, 11:05 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’m thinking 2 years..

I agree when it comes to the cap, I was referring to resigning key players could be impacted as soon as next season.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - bengalfan74 - 09-08-2023

Sweet Joe

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - bengalsboy - 09-08-2023

(09-07-2023, 10:26 PM)PDub80 Wrote: It is being reported by James Rapien that it is a 5 year extension from end of his current deal w 2 years left. By that math he said it was 7 years total.

This is what Joe Goodberry is say ing also.Basically 7 years/Forty five million a year average.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - guyofthetiger - 09-08-2023

A good deal for both Joey and the Bengals. Look forward to winning the Super Bowl sometime during the contract. Pray no injuries during it.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 09-08-2023

(09-07-2023, 11:58 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Part of the problem now is that Chase becomes eligible for a contract extension next year.  Are you going to try and extend Chase next year or let him wait while you extend Tee?  Also, you have guys on defense to worry about extending.  Are you going to let Reader and Awuzie walk?  The defense is what has carried this team in the playoffs, not the offense.

Higgins' extension would start in 2024. 
Burrow's in 2025. 
Chase's in 2026 (no matter if it is signed next summer or the year after).  

We will find the $$$ by letting good but not great starter level guys get replaced. Plus the cap will explode.  

Some will stay, some will go. 

2024: Jonah $12.5, Boyd $10.3, Chido $8, Reader $15. 
2025: Mixon $8.5, Collins $8.6, BJ Hill $10.8 mil, Hilton $7.5, Karras $7.4.  

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Housh - 09-08-2023

(09-08-2023, 03:59 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Higgins' extension would start in 2024. 
Burrow's in 2025. 
Chase's in 2026 (no matter if it is signed next summer or the year after).  

We will find the $$$ by letting good but not great starter level guys get replaced. Plus the cap will explode.  

Some will stay, some will go. 

2024: Jonah $12.5, Boyd $10.3, Chido $8, Reader $15. 
2025: Mixon $8.5, Collins $8.6, BJ Hill $10.8 mil, Hilton $7.5, Karras $7.4.  

Yeah all those guys you listed i had to let walk in my Madden franchise to keep Tee, Chase and Burrow. All i had to do was draft another good slot WR, and keep the o line respectable with Orlando Brown.

Just draft your defensive guys and make sure to be looking for 1st round talent getting cut in FA. Gonna have to have a few successful reclaimation projects when you are game planning to not spend on D

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Sled21 - 09-08-2023

(09-07-2023, 10:01 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Would suck to lose Tee but are people really moaning about this?

Really? Really?

We’ve just extended our Super Bowl window for the next 7 years, do people not realise the doors this opens for the Brown family with chances of sponsorships and the like?

Burrow is one of the faces of the NFL and we’ve just tied up a big chunk of his career in Cincy.

Remember as bad as it would be to lose Tee we probably get a first in return and the one thing the front office have always been able to do is draft a star WR.

Be happy ffs.

They can't be happy. The same people moaning about Tee are the same people who say the game is over in the GD thread the first time we punt. They wallow in misery and want everyone to be miserable too. There is plenty of money for Tee, the cap is going up a lot next year and every year after that. Lost Covid revenues are recovered and now the gambling money is going to roll in. This is why you don't see players pushing for long term deals right now. 

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Nepa - 09-08-2023

(09-07-2023, 11:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Burrow signed thru 2029 is all kinds of awesome.

I really don't get all the pearl clutching going on in here.

Yes, everywhere I'm seeing that Burrow has the 5-year extension tacked onto the back end of the 4th and 5th years of the rookie deal, and thus signed for 7 years, through the 2029 season, with the average of $45 million per year during those 7 years. 

Some posters are getting hung up on the $55 million per year of the extension, but if they look at the overall agreement with Burrow, the average for the 7 years is right around where Mahomes average is ($45 million). And posters keep noting the Mahomes has a deal that is very team friendly. 

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - XenoMorph - 09-08-2023

Mike brown and team does it again... Congrats to all

(09-07-2023, 11:13 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Give it a rest, dude. You’re like a little girl. No one wanted him to go to Cincinnati because of history repeating itself. Protect the guy and no one will have issues, but it was looking like the Bengals were going to ruin a brilliant QB, like what’s happened in the past. It almost did happen and you know it. That’s the reputation, and I hate to break it to you, but it’s deserved. 

Why are you even here?

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Housh - 09-08-2023

(09-08-2023, 08:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mike brown and team does it again... Congrats to all

This contract is just a win all around.

Shows that ppl want to be here, and not just anybody. A top 3 player in the league wants to be here and i think he will be top 3 throughout the whole contract which makes it a great deal for both sides

Joe's camp said all along that he wanted to get paid what he was worth. He did. They also said Joe knew how he wanted to structure his deal to keep the core group together. We haven't seen the structure, yet the drama queens are already at it with the Tee is as good as gone nonsense. If they weren't planning on keeping him, they would have traded him. Tobin came out and flat said it. I don't know why some of you are so darned eager to give away one of our best weapons.