Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-out-for-the-season-with-torn-ligament)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Nicomo Cosca - 11-17-2023

It clearly happened on the Clowney play. It’s not even worth arguing about.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - reuben.ahmed - 11-17-2023

What exactly is the injury and has another NFL QB suffered it before? The Pistons is suggesting no other NFL QB has?

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Essex Johnson - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 04:49 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: We just can't have nice things.

or fragile things

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 11-17-2023

On the bright side:

1) Burrow will be back. As will Chase, Hendrickson, Hubbard, Brown, Karras, Wilson, Pratt, and CTB.

2) We may not win another game this year with that schedule. 6-7 wins max. I think a top 15 pick is assured. Maybe top 10.

3) Depending on how some guys perform the rest of the way (Murphy, Turner, Battle, Carter, Sizzle, Iosivas, Hudson) some holes could fill themselves.

4) It is likely Lou, Higgins, Boyd, Jonah, Reader,,& Awuzie will be less lot commodities this off-season. More likely to retain or cheaper or both.

5) With a high pick, we should be seriously able to:
a) Upgrade OT (Alt, Latham, Mims, Morris, etc)
b) Upgrade WR (Coleman, Odunze, Nabers, Egbuka)
c) Upgrade CB (McKinstry, DeJean, King, Wiggins)

And be able to come back in Rd2 or Rd3 and hit the others or OG, DT, TE.

6) We have a ton of cap space.

My priority would be to fix the OL in the draft. Bring back Reader & Tee + 1 of Boyd/Chido/Jonah, depending on who will take a bit of a discount & where the cap is.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - BengalYankee - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 05:35 PM)Destro Wrote: 4 weeks means he can come back for the playoffs. Wink

[Image: jim-mora-mora.gif]

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - casear2727 - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 08:07 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Yes. It was on TikTok but then they removed it. So he was injured before he even entered the stadium.

Burrow himself said it was a compression sleeve that had nothing to do with the wrist being injured and that he wears on them on flights.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Nicomo Cosca - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 09:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: or fragile things

This doesn’t even make sense. You are saying we can’t have fragile things?

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Shake n Blake - 11-17-2023

So I know Jake Browning is younger, but is he really the guy we want for these 7 games? McCarron has done this before. I don't expect McCarron to pull off a miracle, but I do think he'd win some games.

I guess it just depends on if we want to tank for picks or if there's a chance Joe could return for the playoffs, I'd rather go with McCarron.

(11-17-2023, 09:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So I know Jake Browning is younger, but is he really the guy we want for these 7 games? McCarron has done this before. I don't expect McCarron to pull off a miracle, but I do think he'd win some games.

I guess it just depends on if we want to tank for picks or if there's a chance Joe could return for the playoffs, I'd rather go with McCarron.

Do we really want to win games?

We have zero path to the SB, winning games only hurts us in the draft and scheduling next year.  

I'm thinking I'd rather see the young guys get plenty of clock and gain experience, no wins but no blowouts, and be very prepared to roll next season.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - KillerGoose - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 09:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So I know Jake Browning is younger, but is he really the guy we want for these 7 games? McCarron has done this before. I don't expect McCarron to pull off a miracle, but I do think he'd win some games.

It's hard to say exactly because AFAIK we don't know which ligament Joe tore. Joe himself said he doesn't have a timeline. However, for most wrist surgeries I have been able to find online, I see recovery timelines of 3-6 months. If that tracks at all for Joe, that would be middle of February for a return, so the season would be over. 

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Nepa - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 10:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Do we really want to win games?

We have zero path to the SB, winning games only hurts us in the draft and scheduling next year.  

I'm thinking I'd rather see the young guys get plenty of clock and gain experience, no wins but no blowouts, and be very prepared to roll next season.

I'm divided on this. Yes,  no path to the SB. But I feel for the players who have to go out and give it their all for 7 more games. I don't want a junk win, say the last game of the year if Cleveland also has nothing to play for. But to knock off some competitor could do wonders for morale. Never sure the draft picks will work out anyway. 

It would be hard to play such a violent sport with no motivation to play.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - J24 - 11-17-2023

https://twitter.com/SportMDAnalysis/status/1725622780715008038?t=G7IBx6aWc5T9hEA2ijQpiA&s=19

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Bengalbug - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 06:00 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: No, just no. O-line O-line O-line...... oh wait they'll just suck with Pollack.

It’s pollack and our playcalling. One just exacerbates the other.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - TecmoBengals - 11-17-2023

Agreed basically tank for the best pick possible.

(11-17-2023, 10:11 PM)Nepa Wrote: I'm divided on this. Yes,  no path to the SB. But I feel for the players who have to go out and give it their all for 7 more games. I don't want a junk win, say the last game of the year if Cleveland also has nothing to play for. But to knock off some competitor could do wonders for morale. Never sure the draft picks will work out anyway. 

It would be hard to play such a violent sport with no motivation to play.

Morale in the final weeks of this season doesn't really have much bearing on next season, which IMO, should be the top priority.  Even with a couple key losses a healthy Burrow from start to finish could be a serious run to the SB.  I'll add that these are all professionals they uber motivated and know that they are always being evaluated.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - bengalfan74 - 11-17-2023

Agree run the youngins out there and let them earn their stripes

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - edindetroit - 11-17-2023

So sorry to hear that Burrows is out for the year. Every fan's nightmare.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - THE PISTONS - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 08:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What exactly is the injury and has another NFL QB suffered it before? The Pistons is suggesting no other NFL QB has?

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - THE PISTONS - 11-17-2023

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - packerbacker - 11-18-2023

You guys got ripped off by the refs in that AFC Championship Game last season. That phantom timeout and that illegal contact that happened on 3rd down when you guys had KC stopped was BS too. The NFL will make sure KC is holding up another Super Bowl or Pittsburgh.