Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2021-NFL-Draft-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Whatever - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 02:02 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm still surprised by 3 defensive line then I remember the Bengals play the Browns and Ravens twice a year. They are a couple of the best running teams in the NFL at the moment.

I would have personally double dipped at OL by now, but I get it.  Pass rush/edge depth was a huge need and it's easier to get immediate dividends out of DL because you can rotate them in.  Still good OL left on the board, too.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - RunKijanaRun - 05-01-2021

We all went into this looking for 3-5 linemen. Some people would have used all the picks there. After 5 selections we have one, who is fat, but only has arms the size of a cabbage patch kid.

Lots of rationalization happening, which is a necessary skill for a Bengal fan. But I cannot wrap my head around the fact that they haven’t prioritized that position group.

“buhhhhh buhhhh buhhh we have needs at edge and DT too..” Indeed we do, you intrepid little fact finder helpy helperton sausage gobbler. This team needs almost everything. So use the capital to improve the OL first and then spent lotto tickets in the 4th/5th/6th on the magic beans.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - TheFan - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 02:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: PFF live stream liking the Bengals draft so far.

But I doubt they've watched as much tape on these players and most people here on the Bengals message board!!   Ninja Ninja

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Essex Johnson - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 02:04 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Can anyone say who they would of preferred or just ***** for the sake of bitching. We are in the 4th round. You can only draft guys still on the board!!! I like the potential with this draft. You don't get 7 HOFers in every draft. If you get 3 solid starters it was a great draft.

And right now we might have zero starters coming out of this draft on opening day in the Oline and many of the players I preferred and felt best helped us especially on Oline were on the board so I guess I can still ***** under your guidelines

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengalstripes9 - 05-01-2021

Only (2) offensive lineman drafted in the 4th so far. Gotta take value. I'd be upset to see us reach. Glad to see us improve the dline, which definitely needs help.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Synric - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 02:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: We also poured a truckload of money into improving the pass rush and the DL plus a lot of the DL issues were injury related. Sorry but when you have a problematic OL (the starters are ok right now but no depth) and a franchise QB the priority must be OL until you have it truly fixed. 

All 3 of those defensive linemen are going to see snaps most likely. The next Offensive Lineman taken will likely sit behind Adeniji, XSF, Price, and possibly Fred Johnson.

The offensive line starting lineup will likely look like Williams - Spain - Hopkins - Carman - Reiff.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - PikesPeakUC - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 02:07 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: We all went into this looking for 3-5 linemen. Some people would have used all the picks there. After 5 selections we have one, who is fat, but only has arms the size of a cabbage patch kid.

Lots of rationalization happening, which is a necessary skill for a Bengal fan. But I cannot wrap my head around the fact that they haven’t prioritized that position group.

“buhhhhh buhhhh buhhh we have needs at edge and DT too..” Indeed we do, you intrepid little fact finder helpy helperton sausage gobbler. This team needs almost everything. So use the capital to improve the OL first and then spent lotto tickets in the 4th/5th/6th on the magic beans.

Well, insulting everyone certainly helped prove your point! Thanks for posting! We're glad you're here!

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - J24 - 05-01-2021

Not in love with the Shelvin pick but I get it. First RD talent, position they value (I dont), Tupo will probably be really expensive and won't be signed next off-season.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - pally - 05-01-2021

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Burma - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 01:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Let's be honest. If we'd taken Sewell at 5, then a "meh" WR in round 2, the Chase side would be "crying" just as loudly.

On my end, I'll be content as long as one of the next 2 picks is another lineman.

I am willing to bet they would have been worse.  Watching them gloat, as if they alone  possessed the hidden knowledge of Chase's skill, is up there with moronic Steelers fans crowing as if they had a hand in a superbowl wins 50 years ago.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Clark W Griswold - 05-01-2021

That lady announcing the Colts pick would much rather be at the Derby today.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengal Dude - 05-01-2021

I'd have more respect for that Colts owner if it turned out that she wore that hat on days other than Derby Day.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - J24 - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 02:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And right now we might have zero starters coming out of this draft on opening day in the Oline and many of the players I preferred and felt best helped us especially on Oline were on the board so I guess I can still ***** under your guidelines

Carmen is a day one starter WTF are you talking about?

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 02:09 PM)pally Wrote:

Haha that’s awesome.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Whatever - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 02:07 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: We all went into this looking for 3-5 linemen. Some people would have used all the picks there. After 5 selections we have one, who is fat, but only has arms the size of a cabbage patch kid.

If anybody seriously thought we were taking 5 OL in this draft, they have a disconnect with reality.  

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - PikesPeakUC - 05-01-2021

Like the Darden pick for the Bucs.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengalstripes9 - 05-01-2021

PFF said Steelers reached on their OT pick

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Synric - 05-01-2021

10 picks until the Bengals pick again lol.

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - pally - 05-01-2021

RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengalholic - 05-01-2021

It's a little confusing to see some of the guys always pounding the table to 'build in the trenches, build from the inside out' be so mad that we are doing just that.  Mellow