Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2020-NFL-Draft-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengal Dude - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Lance Zurlein compared him to Kerry Wynn in his combine write up.

LOL. 

(04-25-2020, 03:25 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Who is left out there that you rate as good prospects? Any potential starters still out there?

Tyler Bass Ninja

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-25-2020

Well this is really starting to suck. Mckivitz to the 49ers.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - jj22 - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sorry, but I’ll take the word of the guy who has season tickets to ND. He said the pick is awful, which is not encouraging.

Probably another bust like Jordan Willis.

I mean it is the 5th round. There's no such thing as a 5th round bust.

We expected more out of the 3rd round Willis.

Our next two picks is likely to be cut. I think people are looking for impact players this late and those rounds are over. These players now have equal chance to make the roster as a priority udfa signing.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - BURROWorBUST - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:25 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Who is left out there that you rate as good prospects? Any potential starters still out there?

Calvin Throckmorton

OL
OREGON

Another guy from the Senior Bowl that they liked. Plays G & T. 

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sorry, but I’ll take the word of the guy who has season tickets to ND. He said the pick is awful, which is not encouraging.

Probably another bust like Jordan Willis.

I have Georgia Bulldogs season tickets and no one gives a crap what I say about their players ?

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - masterpanthera_t - 04-25-2020

Netane Muti is an absolute mauler in the run game and holds up well in pass pro. The biggest worry with him is multiple major injuries. If he can stay healthy he could be a pro bowler maybe even AllPro once or twice.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - pally - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: ESPN didn't show it on the TICKER!!! I had to change the channel to find out the pick!  That's BS

yes they did...it was just shown quickly

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - TecmoBengals - 04-25-2020

People are knocking Jonah Williams as unproven as a reason as to why we should have drafted an OL. Wouldn't such a pick also be unproven? What am I missing other than his injury? I feel optimistic about him this year.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Big Boss - 04-25-2020

I'm all for drafting BPA but I'd like them to circle back to offense at some point.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Synric - 04-25-2020

Two Mountaineers in a row Kenny Robinson and Kolton McKivitz.

Go Mountaineers!

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: ESPN didn't show it on the TICKER!!! I had to change the channel to find out the pick!  That's BS

I saw it on the Ticker, right away.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - HarleyDog - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Edge rusher, Khalid Kareem...The f'n network didn't even show it (ESPN).  Assholes.

Heres his Bio: Kareem was a top-100 prospect coming out of Michigan's Harrison High School, with the Detroit Defensive Player of the Year (16 sacks as a senior) choosing the Irish over Michigan and Alabama. He enrolled in January 2016 and received playing time in four contests as a true freshman. Kareem played in all 13 games as a reserve in 2017 (21 tackles, 5.5 for loss, three sacks) and then started all 13 games as a junior (42 tackles, 10.5 for loss, 4.5 sacks, five pass breakups). He tied for the team lead with 5.5 sacks among his 46 total stops (10 for loss) as a senior. Kareem also led the Irish with three forced fumbles in his final season. His father, Ken, coached defensive linemen at the high school level for many years.

Overview

Power-based edge defender who uses technique and force to make up for a lack of explosiveness. He does an adequate job of bracing up and defending his turf when the run comes his way, but he lacks the athletic gifts to make many plays outside of his area. He's able to muscle up and create some pocket pressure against college tackles, but that approach is unlikely to yield results against most NFL starters. Kareem has size and toughness but may not have enough athletic ability to ever be more than a backup 4-3 base end.

Strengths
  • Excellent arm length and hand size
  • Fires out of track stance with no false steps
  • Possesses some shed talent at the top of the rush
  • Upper-body twitch to pull and pass leaning pass-setters
  • Sniffs out weaker tackles and uses force to challenge
  • Plays with inside hands
  • Above-average football IQ and ball awareness
  • Good pad level and fairly stout at point of attack
  • Punches and shuffles around edge blocks with some effectiveness
  • Posts up and locks out to anchor and set edge

Weaknesses

• Marginal rush production despite the physical traits
  • Rush approach lacks complexity and instinctive counters
  • Finds himself squared up by pass sets too often
  • Tackle-end twists underneath are gradual and lack threat
  • Lacks small-area suddenness
  • Workman-like, but doesn't create enough space with his hands
  • Sluggish lateral movement and directional change
  • Has issues closing down backside run lanes

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - t3r3e3 - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:29 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Netane Muti is an absolute mauler in the run game and holds up well in pass pro. The biggest worry with him is multiple major injuries. If he can stay healthy he could be a pro bowler maybe even AllPro once or twice.

It’s who I hoped they’d take. A lot of upside, could easily relegate one of the current guards to the bench in year 2.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Joelist - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: People are knocking Jonah Williams as unproven as a reason as to why we should have drafted an OL.  Wouldn't such a pick also be unproven?  What am I missing other than his injury?  I feel optimistic about him this year.

You're not missing anything. Williams got hurt - it happens. He was also HIGHY rated and more than one scout ranked him as another Joe Thomas. If he is even average in his first real season that is a massive upgrade from the turnstile we had there last season. 

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - masterpanthera_t - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: People are knocking Jonah Williams as unproven as a reason as to why we should have drafted an OL.  Wouldn't such a pick also be unproven?  What am I missing other than his injury?  I feel optimistic about him this year.

As the best OT in the draft last year, I think he will be good. Only worry is in case of injury, there's no good OT depth on the team.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: I mean it is the 5th round. There's no such thing as a 5th round bust.

We expected more out of the 3rd round Willis.

Our next two picks is likely to be cut. I think people are looking for impact players this late and those rounds are over.

I don’t agree with that. Teams are built in the middle rounds. Our current starter at TE was a 5th, Phillips was a 5th, Marvin Jones, Kevin Huber...

You can get really good players in the 5th.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - SHRacerX - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Heres his Bio: Kareem was a top-100 prospect coming out of Michigan's Harrison High School, with the Detroit Defensive Player of the Year (16 sacks as a senior) choosing the Irish over Michigan and Alabama. He enrolled in January 2016 and received playing time in four contests as a true freshman. Kareem played in all 13 games as a reserve in 2017 (21 tackles, 5.5 for loss, three sacks) and then started all 13 games as a junior (42 tackles, 10.5 for loss, 4.5 sacks, five pass breakups). He tied for the team lead with 5.5 sacks among his 46 total stops (10 for loss) as a senior. Kareem also led the Irish with three forced fumbles in his final season. His father, Ken, coached defensive linemen at the high school level for many years.

Overview

Power-based edge defender who uses technique and force to make up for a lack of explosiveness. He does an adequate job of bracing up and defending his turf when the run comes his way, but he lacks the athletic gifts to make many plays outside of his area. He's able to muscle up and create some pocket pressure against college tackles, but that approach is unlikely to yield results against most NFL starters. Kareem has size and toughness but may not have enough athletic ability to ever be more than a backup 4-3 base end.

Strengths

• Excellent arm length and hand size
  • Fires out of track stance with no false steps
  • Possesses some shed talent at the top of the rush
  • Upper-body twitch to pull and pass leaning pass-setters
  • Sniffs out weaker tackles and uses force to challenge
  • Plays with inside hands
  • Above-average football IQ and ball awareness
  • Good pad level and fairly stout at point of attack
  • Punches and shuffles around edge blocks with some effectiveness
  • Posts up and locks out to anchor and set edge

Weaknesses

• Marginal rush production despite the physical traits
  • Rush approach lacks complexity and instinctive counters
  • Finds himself squared up by pass sets too often
  • Tackle-end twists underneath are gradual and lack threat
  • Lacks small-area suddenness
  • Workman-like, but doesn't create enough space with his hands
  • Sluggish lateral movement and directional change
  • Has issues closing down backside run lanes

I posted a video of his homemade pro day on JN

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - jj22 - 04-25-2020

At this point folks players have been passed on 5 times by 32 teams so it's safe to say they all are gambles and have warts.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - t3r3e3 - 04-25-2020

You guys bitching about ESPN need to turn the channel to the NFL Network

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:29 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I have Georgia Bulldogs season tickets and no one gives a crap what I say about their players ?

I would. I’m always going to put stock into the opinions of someone who has seen a lot of a team/player.