Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
White Privilege? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: White Privilege? (/Thread-White-Privilege)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: White Privilege? - jj22 - 07-12-2018

95% of Mass murderers are White Men (but you don't see the fear in them as you do a black kid in a hoodie).

But I said minority which if you look back over the last 15 years you'd see exactly what I'm saying. But you already know, unfortunate you chose to quickly cover for it with spin.

This is being apart of the problem.

RE: White Privilege? - bfine32 - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 10:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: 95% of Mass murderers are White Men (but you don't see the fear in them as you do a black kid in a hoodie).

But I said minority which if you look back over the last 15 years you'd see exactly what I'm saying. But you already know, unfortunate you chose to quickly cover for it with spin.

Dude you classified not being considered a terrorist "white privilege" I simply asked when was the last time a black man has been considered a terrorist in this country.

RE: White Privilege? - BmorePat87 - 07-13-2018

(07-12-2018, 10:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude you classified not being considered a terrorist "white privilege" I simply asked when was the last time a black man has been considered a terrorist in this country.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/11/rakem-balogun-interview-black-identity-extremists-fbi-surveillance

The FBI announced last year that "Black Identity Extremists" were a growing threat in this country. 

RE: White Privilege? - jj22 - 07-13-2018

Bfine knows that's why he's not disputing the fact that white mass shooters are not considered Terrorist in todays society while minority mass shooters (sorry that not many are black) are always considered terrorist.

White privilege will always exist because as we see there are people who subconsciously fight tooth and nail for it to continue, even if they aren't "racists".

But keep race baiting and trying to turn attention to black mass shooters when you already know there are rarely any black mass murders (1 in the past 150 years. The sniper). Or you might not because society has people fearing the wrong people.

RE: White Privilege? - michaelsean - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 09:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: Bfine knows that's why he's not disputing the fact that white mass shooters are not considered Terrorist in todays society while minority mass shooters (sorry that not many are black) are always considered terrorist.

White privilege will always exist because as we see there are people who subconsciously fight tooth and nail for it to continue, even if they aren't "racists".

But keep race baiting and trying to turn attention to black mass shooters when you already know there are rarely any black mass murders (1 in the past 150 years. The sniper). Or you might not because society has people fearing the wrong men.

Terrorism isn't a synonym for mass murderer.  Terrorism is based on intent.  McVeigh was a terrorist.  The Korean who shot up Virginia Tech was not a terrorist.

(07-12-2018, 10:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: 95% of Mass murderers are White Men (but you don't see the fear in them as you do a black kid in a hoodie).

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/10/what_the_white_mass_shooter_myth_gets_right_and_wrong_about_killers_demographics.html

(07-13-2018, 09:59 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Terrorism isn't a synonym for mass murderer.  Terrorism is based on intent.  McVeigh was a terrorist.  The Korean who shot up Virginia Tech was not a terrorist.

Terrorism isn't a synonym for mass murder specifically when the shooter is white. When the shooter is a minority it is too often considered terrorism without question. It takes Trump days to tweet about a White mass shooter. Seconds to tweet about a minority mass murderer calls it terrorism. The media is just as guilty so it's not just Trump. You don't hear minorities getting called lone wolfs, last souls, getting the mentally ill excuse etc. But since folks acts like they don't know this happens, I'll be sure to point it out from here on out, and I'll leave it like that.

Lets just say you can always tell the race of the shooter by the reaction of the media and Trump. Actually you can tell from the moment they say they are in custody. Minority shooters are rarely if ever taken alive. It shouldn't' be like this but it's accepted in American society.

(07-13-2018, 10:39 AM)jj22 Wrote: Terrorism isn't a synonym of mass murder when the shooter is white. When the shooter is a minority it is considered terrorism without question. It takes Trump days to tweet about a White mass shooter. Minutes to tweet about a minority mass murderer and he calls it terrorism. The media is just as guilty. But since everyone acts like they don't know this happens, I'll be sure to point it out from here on out.

Terrorism is terrorism.  It has a definition.  It is based on intent.  You can have zero killed in a terrorist attack, and twenty killed in a non-terrorist attack.  

Tell that to Trump and the media. I know this, but society doesn't stand by this anymore. It's likely based on race, and that's unfortunate. We see it all the time now. Especially in the era of social media. I'm sure people see this. If folks are this naive then we'll never overcome this phenomenon.

(07-13-2018, 10:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: Tell that to Trump and the media. I know this, but society doesn't stand by this anymore. It's likely based on race, and that's unfortunate. We see it all the time now. Especially in the era of social media. I'm sure people see this. If folks are this naive then we'll never overcome this phenomenon.

OK well let's start with the minorities accused of terrorism who you believe are not.  I'm not sure which people you are referring to.

RE: White Privilege? - fredtoast - 07-13-2018

(07-12-2018, 10:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude you classified not being considered a terrorist "white privilege" I simply asked when was the last time a black man has been considered a terrorist in this country.

When Hussain Obama was President?

I know this. My sister married a man from Pakistan. Immediately after the Oklahoma City bombing my white sister was not afraid to go shopping, but her husband and kids were afraid and stayed home.

More white privilege.

RE: White Privilege? - Beaker - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 11:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I know this.  My sister married a man from Pakistan.  Immediately after the Oklahoma City bombing my white sister was not afraid to go shopping, but her husband and kids were afraid and stayed home.

More white privilege.

And black, and latino, and asian privilege because they weren't scared either.

We are always cautious going out. That's just life in America especially when Nazi's and Klansman are still considered "very fine people", by majority of the country including the POTUS. When they have that kind of support, no minority is safe. But we can't talk about inequality in Law enforcement unless you are a Trump supporter (then you can slam our law enforcement every day and not be considered Anti- American. Another form of "white privilege"? The privilege to criticize our FBI/DOJ/Law enforcement and be allowed to claim America first instead of being considered anti Police and Law and Order as minority races are).

But again, society allows for non minorities to criticize our law enforcement without judgment. Must be nice.

From the responses of some in the thread, people just don't care unless it effects them and unfortunately It's up to those it doesn't effect to help change. But that takes courage. Like those in the majority who took the risk and helped end slavery and Jim Crow even tho they weren't slaves, and their lives were good.

(07-13-2018, 01:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: We are always cautious going out. That's just life in America especially when Nazi's and Klansman are still considered "very fine people", by majority of the country including the POTUS. When they have that kind of support, no minority is safe. But we can't talk about inequality in Law enforcement unless you are a Trump supporter (then you can slam our law enforcement every day and not be considered Anti- American. Another form of "white privilege"? The privilege to criticize our FBI/DOJ/Law enforcement and be allowed to claim America first instead of being considered anti Police and Law and Order as minority races are).

But again, society allows for non minorities to criticize our law enforcement without judgment.  Must be nice.

From the responses of some in the thread, people just don't care unless it effects them and unfortunately It's up to those it doesn't effect to help change. But that takes courage. Like those in the majority who took the risk and helped end slavery and Jim Crow even tho they weren't slaves, and their lives were good.

????

RE: White Privilege? - PhilHos - 07-13-2018

The percentage of whites that are mass murderers pales in comparison to the percentage of blacks that are violent criminals.

Just sayin'.

That's what they tell you. Most blacks are in prison for non violent crimes (drugs for example). Only 11% of America's population is African American, Over 70% White. Now think about what you just said. People keep trying to sell folks that minorities are the problem and the 70% are I guess just innocent people having to live in a world with these "aliens". That should tell you something is wrong. That's how we've gotten to the place we are at now.

They have you thinking a population of only 11% of 400+Million are the issues with violent crimes in America. The issue is who gets off and who gets jail time at a higher rate.

People are going to fight tooth and nail to keep the focus on blacks (or any minority), but as you see when you mention white mass murderers, or who can criticize police and who can't, nobody wants to talk about that. They just spin the focus back on blacks. It works tho so I don't blame you. Certainly easier then facing a tough subject like "white privilege" in America's core.

But note, no denials of any of my last couple posts.... Just spin to focus back on blacks.

RE: White Privilege? - PhilHos - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 02:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: People keep trying to sell folks that minorities are the problem 

You mean like the OP and everyone else saying that "white privilege" is a real thing, is a problem and others who are not-so-subtly implying that most whites are racist? Those people?

Are are you talking about the very small number of white supremacists and neo-Nazi's in America?

(07-13-2018, 03:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You mean like the OP and everyone else saying that "white privilege" is a real thing,

That is not a minority.

Most people know about racism and understand that it is a privilege to be a white person in this country. 

Denial is understandable, it just doesn't help make change. But again note, outside of spinning it on blacks, there's been no questioning of the points I was making in the last couple posts on what fuels the fire of the notion of "white privilege" for minorities.

Minorities can be wrong, but the refusal to acknowledge these discrepancies at every turn from many just makes it seem legit.