Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Faith - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Faith (/Thread-Faith)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Faith - SteelCitySouth - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 01:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fair enough...

No

That was not the post you replied to?  I'm only further confused.

RE: Faith - Nately120 - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 12:22 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: ...to believe in Santa Claus, leprechauns, etc.

RE: Faith - bfine32 - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 01:33 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: That was not the post you replied to?  I'm only further confused.

My bad. Then the point that those who do not believe deep down are afraid. They will say this is silly and will use ridicule, reason, and even levity to comfort themselves when the discussion turns to enteral salvation. But at the end of the day they are alone and lost.

(09-04-2015, 01:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My bad. Then the point that those who do not believe deep down are afraid. They will say this is silly and will use ridicule, reason, and even levity to comfort themselves when the discussion turns to enteral salvation. But at the end of the day they are alone and lost.

So you think my post about a type o makes that point?  I think it proves my point.  That believers are so sketch with their own belief that when confronted with those that don't, they need to invent imaginary feelings of fear in them, to comfort themselves.

Lol..I don't really believe all that.  Cause I'm not psycho and I don't attribute imaginary feelings onto others just so I can feel comforted in my own wavering belief.  

(09-04-2015, 01:57 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: So you think my post about a type o makes that point?  I think it proves my point.  That believers are so sketch with their own belief that when confronted with those that don't, they need to invent imaginary feelings of fear in them, to comfort themselves.

Lol..I don't really believe all that.  Cause I'm not psycho and I don't attribute imaginary feelings onto others just so I can feel comforted in my own wavering belief.  

I don't consider it a confrontation.

(09-04-2015, 01:57 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: So you think my post about a type o makes that point?  I think it proves my point.  That believers are so sketch with their own belief that when confronted with those that don't, they need to invent imaginary feelings of fear in them, to comfort themselves.

(09-04-2015, 02:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't consider it a confrontation.

All.

(09-04-2015, 02:07 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: All.
Glad we agree

(09-04-2015, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Glad we agree

Me too...I'm glad you see my point.

RE: Faith - GodHatesBengals - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 01:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My bad. Then the point that those who do not believe deep down are afraid. They will say this is silly and will use ridicule, reason, and even levity to comfort themselves when the discussion turns to enteral salvation. But at the end of the day they are alone and lost.

Or, maybe, possibly... They genuinely find your fallacious arguments for believing in God unconvincing.

RE: Faith - Beaker - 09-04-2015

Or you could go the other way and say those that feel the need to believe in something granting them eternal salvation are the ones who are alone and lost.

(09-04-2015, 09:33 PM)Beaker Wrote: Or you could go the other way and say those that feel the need to believe in something granting them eternal salvation are the ones who are alone and lost.

How does the belief that we are not doing this by ourselves equal a feeling of being alone and lost?

RE: Faith - StLucieBengal - 09-05-2015

(09-04-2015, 10:14 AM)djs7685 Wrote: What are the odds that believing in the Christian God is just a mental disorder?

The day someone tells you they were born with their faith and have no control of who or what they worship.

RE: Faith - SteelCitySouth - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 03:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The day someone tells you they were born with their faith and have no control of who or what they worship.

Alzheimer 

RE: Faith - BmorePat87 - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 08:40 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Alzheimer 

Schizophrenia 

My biggest beef with religious people is that they always try to play the martyr. Christianity has a huge influence over this country and is legislated in many parts of this country. Most Americans self identify as Christian.

The moment someone tries to tell them to keep their faith out of government or just not try to push it on others, they cry that they're the victim. We hear that there's a "war on Christians" because they're not being allowed to deny rights to others.

It's like saying there's a "war on thieves" because it's illegal to rob people.

RE: Faith - PhilHos - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 08:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My biggest beef with religious people is that they always try to play the martyr. Christianity has a huge influence over this country and is legislated in many parts of this country. Most Americans self identify as Christian.

The moment someone tries to tell them to keep their faith out of government or just not try to push it on others, they cry that they're the victim. We hear that there's a "war on Christians" because they're not being allowed to deny rights to others.

It's like saying there's a "war on thieves" because it's illegal to rob people.

My biggest beef with non-religious people is that they always lump all religious people together.  :snark:

(09-05-2015, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: My biggest beef with non-religious people is that they always lump all religious people together.  :snark:

My apologies: "overly religious people". 

RE: Faith - PhilHos - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 11:34 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My apologies: "overly religious people". 

Two things: say religious extremists (or some variation) and don't say they "always" do something.

ThumbsUp

(09-05-2015, 11:36 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Two things: say religious extremists (or some variation) and don't say they "always" do something.

ThumbsUp

"Extremists" it is, then. The issue is I don't lump people who are devote in their faith but don't shove it down other's throats with those who I am referring to. So when I typed that out, I am not thinking to specify in my post because I know what I mean. It's a bad habit in an informal setting like a message board, and obviously one that can leave me with egg on my face.

RE: Faith - Beaker - 09-05-2015

(09-04-2015, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How does the belief that we are not doing this by ourselves equal a feeling of being alone and lost?

Because you feel the need to have someone or something else "there" for you. And it would follow that only those who have some sense of aloneness would feel the need to have that. Just saying you could play that card for either situation.