Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Question For Pro-Choice People - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Question For Pro-Choice People (/Thread-Question-For-Pro-Choice-People)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - JSR18 - 05-30-2019

(05-29-2019, 01:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Is all that legally obligated? Or is that more of an "on good faith" kind of thing?

Tiger Since the mother would more or less be legally obligated, then its only fair father's part be legally obligated also. However, I'm assuming that if the father feels as strong as he would have to take complete custody, he'd do it out of love for child...

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - CJD - 05-30-2019

(05-29-2019, 09:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're quick on your reply as you see I edited my post about the same time you replied. Pretty sure it's relevant with or without the edit

Ah, I see. So I guess the term you were thinking of was feticide, which is the termination or destruction of a fetus. That is relevant to this discussion, obviously.

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - CJD - 05-30-2019

(05-30-2019, 12:24 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger Since the mother would more or less be legally obligated, then its only fair father's part be legally obligated also. However, I'm assuming that if the father feels as strong as he would have to take complete custody, he'd do it out of love for child...

The point is, your scenario is at least 2 laws away from reality.

1. Create a bill that gives the father autonomy over his pregnant lover's body.
2. Create a bill that requires the father to be financially and legally bound to the child if he elects to use the autonomy he has been granted over his pregnant lover's body.

I'm just not sure either of those laws are really passable.

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-30-2019

(05-28-2019, 01:09 AM)JSR18 Wrote: My thought is this:

Women should be able to make decisions about their body's....right up to the point of pregnancy.
She can't/didn't get pregnant by herself.
That makes the fetus/baby 50% someone else's...Therfore,

Both contributors to the making of said baby should have equal say in fetus/baby's outcome...

If the woman doesn't want a child, but the man does that is an equal say. Forcing the woman to do what the man wants and not what she wants isn't equal say. So what's the tie breaker? The person's body who is pregnant. Yes, both contributed to the conception, but only one contributes during the next 40 weeks of pregnancy. In otherwords, they're not equally pregnant.

(05-29-2019, 11:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Medical care and support. Nobody forced her to participate in the activity that created the child against her will.

The logic being she shouldn't have had sex knowing the potential consequences. On the flip side of that coin, nobody forced him to participate. Therefore, he shouldn't have had sex knowing the consequences that he can't force a woman to carry a pregnancy against her will.

(05-29-2019, 05:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No Loophole there, the mother wasn't consenting in rape. Not sure how to classify incest, but those babies are generally born with defects. So I guess it's there to protect the general population?

Anyways, my stance is scientific based. Once the baby has passed gestation and has its own unique DNA code, that is when it is considered a human being to me. It's all part of the human life cycle. Every single one of us goes thru that stage.

Now the "meet in the middle" part says, no abortions allowed after first trimester (unless mother or baby's life is in danger). Which I don't think most of us would have a problem agreeing with simply because almost all abortions happen in the first trimester.

Gestation in humans last approximately 40 weeks and ends with the birth of a child. In order for one to "pass gestation" they would need to be born.

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - fredtoast - 05-30-2019

(05-29-2019, 05:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Now I have a question for you.

If we find or figure out a way to tell while the baby in the womb if it will be gay or not, should the mother be allowed to abort if they do not want a gay or straight child?

Just asking cause I feel this might come up in the future.

Oh, it is already coming up.  This is the new line of attack from the Pro Life side.  The want to act like the reason matters when it is the mothers choice.  

But it doesn't.  No one has to justify their rights.

Should it be illegal to get an anti-gay tattoo?

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - Vas Deferens - 05-30-2019

(05-30-2019, 08:56 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The logic being she shouldn't have had sex knowing the potential consequences. On the flip side of that coin, nobody forced him to participate. Therefore, he shouldn't have had sex knowing the consequences that he can't force a woman to carry a pregnancy against her will.

For wide array of reasons that would offend the delicate sensibilities of many here, I would never have intercourse with a woman I knew was staunchly pro-life.

I'm not sure why it so hard for that individual responsibility to apply to others.  Its like these stickers you see everywhere:

[Image: 811-New.jpg]

If you so adamantly don't want someone you impregnate to have an abortion, it might be worth sitting down and having a conversation rather than laying pipe all willy nilly around town and getting pissed when one terminates because you couldn't be bothered with doing your damned homework.

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - JSR18 - 05-31-2019

(05-30-2019, 08:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The point is, your scenario is at least 2 laws away from reality.

1. Create a bill that gives the father autonomy over his pregnant lover's body.
2. Create a bill that requires the father to be financially and legally bound to the child if he elects to use the autonomy he has been granted over his pregnant lover's body.

I'm just not sure either of those laws are really passable.
Tiger I see what you're saying. But I think I'd go a different route: 

1. Autonomy over a females body is not needed. A legal definition defining the fetus/baby as 1/2 belonging to the female---1/2 belonging to the participating male.
             2. The custody laws that are in place will do fine with a little case by case tweaking...

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - JSR18 - 05-31-2019

(05-30-2019, 08:46 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If the woman doesn't want a child, but the man does that is an equal say. Forcing the woman to do what the man wants and not what she wants isn't equal say. So what's the tie breaker? The person's body who is pregnant. Yes, both contributed to the conception, but only one contributes during the next 40 weeks of pregnancy. In otherwords, they're not equally pregnant.

Tiger No, they aren't equally pregnant, but half of the fetus/baby belongs to each sexual participant. She may be the only one who contributes during the next 40 weeks, but if the male wants the child he'll have no help for the next 18-22 years.

One person can't decide death for something 2 people made...

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - fredtoast - 05-31-2019

(05-31-2019, 12:40 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger I see what you're saying. But I think I'd go a different route: 

1. Autonomy over a females body is not needed. A legal definition defining the fetus/baby as 1/2 belonging to the female---1/2 belonging to the participating male.
             2. The custody laws that are in place will do fine with a little case by case tweaking...

I have no problem with the fetus being removed and given to the father if he wants it.  But that is NOT what he wants.  Instead he wants to force the mother to use her body to gestate it for him.  He is not allowed to control her body that way.

Right now the law can not give the father everything he wants because the father is not able to keep a fetus alive.  But someday there will be technology that allows for this.  At that point the father should be allowed to have the child and demand support from the mother.  But the law can not give the man control over the woman's body.

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - fredtoast - 05-31-2019

(05-31-2019, 12:46 AM)JSR18 Wrote: One person can't decide death for something 2 people made...

One person can't force another person to use her body for something she does not want to.

The only person who has a say in it is the person whose body keeps it alive.

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - Mike M (the other one) - 05-31-2019

(05-30-2019, 12:24 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger Since the mother would more or less be legally obligated, then its only fair father's part be legally obligated also. However, I'm assuming that if the father feels as strong as he would have to take complete custody, he'd do it out of love for child...

Correct, I did. Twice.

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - Mike M (the other one) - 05-31-2019

(05-30-2019, 09:07 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Gestation in humans last approximately 40 weeks and ends with the birth of a child. In order for one to "pass gestation" they would need to be born.

My mistake, Once it is a zygote.

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - CJD - 05-31-2019

(05-31-2019, 12:40 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger I see what you're saying. But I think I'd go a different route: 

I mean, yea, the fetus is half the mother's and half the father's. But the body that's growing the fetus isn't. And that's where the issues come into play. 

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - Vas Deferens - 05-31-2019

Pro lifers and incell types have a lot in common. Take care of your shit I’ll take care of mine.

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-01-2019

(05-31-2019, 12:46 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger No, they aren't equally pregnant, but half of the fetus/baby belongs to each sexual participant. She may be the only one who contributes during the next 40 weeks, but if the male wants the child he'll have no help for the next 18-22 years.

One person can't decide death for something 2 people made...

Do they have joint custody?  No.  That's why your opinion isn't supported by US law.

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - bfine32 - 06-03-2019

(06-01-2019, 02:03 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do they have joint custody?  No.  That's why your opinion isn't supported by US law.

If the law changes will your opinion?

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - JSR18 - 06-08-2019

(06-03-2019, 01:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If the law changes will your opinion?

Tiger No. I'll always be pro-life...

RE: Question For Pro-Choice People - Beaker - 06-08-2019

(06-08-2019, 08:11 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger No. I'll always be pro-life...

So you oppose the death penalty?