Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Whacked - 07-28-2023

Prayers Joe’s way.

Poor guy has some brutal pre-season luck. I’m sure he is beyond frustrated.

Even if he is able to play game one, his pre-season absence as it relates to interacting and getting reps with the O, will also be a problem - for the O and him.

Hope he heals up fast.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nepa - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 08:25 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Spot on.  I’d say burrow probable (75%) to start week 1.  Even if he were to miss the first few weeks, is a guy like Bridgewater objectively “that” much better than Siemian.  I know bridgewater had a better collegiate career, but as nfl players… when given the opportunity, they are about the same.  Fwiw.

All I know about Siemian is that his bio for the last four teams he played is was filled with "released and signed to practice squad," and "waived and signed to practice squad." And he's already on his 7th team since being drafted in 2015. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if the Bengals really upgraded the position. The loss of one or two games during the season, if Burrow has to miss any time, could be the difference between playing away or home in a playoff game.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - basballguy - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 08:45 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: So you are questioning Joe Burrow's integrity and ethics by suggesting this. I'm dumber for having read this.

Perhaps you would’ve retained some of that intelligence (looks like you may need it) if you had read his entire comment. He straight up said he doesn’t think JB would do it and is really just making conversation (isn’t that what we do here?)

I suggest if you wanna be a jerk to other bengals fans, maybe do it on another platform.

Joe Burrow carted off - Bronxbengal - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 10:11 AM)basballguy Wrote: Perhaps you would’ve retained some of that intelligence (looks like you may need it) if you had read his entire comment. He straight up said he doesn’t think JB would do it and is really just making conversation (isn’t that what we do here?)

I suggest if you wanna be a jerk to other bengals fans, maybe do it on another platform.

Oh I love social media! Lol got to love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - NotBigzo - 07-28-2023

Should get some kind of update today maybe.

What do you guys think of the possibility of the Bengals org downplaying the injury as long as possible. I mean, they have every incentive to do so. I remneber AJ Greens ankle injury and the feeling of peeling back an onion as time went on.

(07-28-2023, 10:02 AM)Whacked Wrote: Prayers Joe’s way.

Poor guy has some brutal pre-season luck. I’m sure he is beyond frustrated.

Even if he is able to play game one, his pre-season absence as it relates to interacting and getting reps with the O, will also be a problem - for the O and him.

Hope he heals up fast.

The calf is concerning in that they tend to linger from what I understand. Whenever he rolls out or if, god forebid, he takes the same beating he took at the start of last year; there's a chance of it coming back up. 

Every passing down and dropback is going to have me clenching my butt cheeks.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Memphis_Bengal - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 10:11 AM)basballguy Wrote: Perhaps you would’ve retained some of that intelligence (looks like you may need it) if you had read his entire comment.  He straight up said he doesn’t think JB would do it and is really just making conversation (isn’t that what we do here?)

If he doesn't think Burrow would actually do it then why speculate that he might be doing it? The post is dumb. I'll stand by my original opinion and I'll also stay here, thanks.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - jj22 - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 10:24 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Should get some kind of update today maybe.

What do you guys think of the possibility of the Bengals org downplaying the injury as long as possible. I mean, they have every incentive to do so. I remneber AJ Greens ankle injury and the feeling of peeling back an onion as time went on.

I definitely think we will not know much of any timetable until the start of the season. Local sports media pretty much confirmed that was the thinking and we wouldn't see Burrow again this preseason / training camp. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nicomo Cosca - 07-28-2023

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - BengalBob - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 10:25 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: The calf is concerning in that they tend to linger from what I understand. Whenever he rolls out or if, god forebid, he takes the same beating he took at the start of last year; there's a chance of it coming back up. 

Sounds like a lousy way to watch a Bengals game to me.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Memphis_Bengal - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 10:24 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Should get some kind of update today maybe.

What is the incentive to downplaying the injury?

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-28-2023

Oh, they definitely downplay the severity of injuries and give optimistic and unrealistic prognoses. But, they only do that with the more complicated injuries that will take longer than expected. Like Green’s ankle or Palmer’s elbow. Their deliberate deception makes it seem like the training and medical staff don’t know what they’re doing and the player isn’t dedicated to their rehab. Because somehow not telling the fans Palmer has ligament injury, but has opted for conservative treatment instead of Tommy John surgery somehow gives them a competitive advantage.

The only way I know when they are doing it is when their prognosis turns out to be false. And that can take weeks to months.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Graphicguy - 07-28-2023

This is the Bengals' 600 million dollar man. If he has a hangnail, they're going to cart him off the field in pre-season. I don't know the severity t of this, but I understand their immense amount of caution. Personally, knowing how hard JB works out, and how strong he really is, I'm not really worried. Extreme heat....and early in the mandatory practices.....I understand their caution.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Whatever - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 11:33 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: This is the Bengals' 600 million dollar man.  If he has a hangnail, they're going to cart him off the field in pre-season.  I don't know the severity t of this, but I understand their immense amount of caution.  Personally, knowing how hard JB works out, and how strong he really is, I'm not really worried.  Extreme heat....and early in the mandatory practices.....I understand their caution.

FWIW, Joe attended post-practice meetings and left with the rest of the team.

(07-28-2023, 10:25 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: The calf is concerning in that they tend to linger from what I understand. Whenever he rolls out or if, god forebid, he takes the same beating he took at the start of last year; there's a chance of it coming back up. 

Depends on location.

This guy does a great job explaining sports medicine injuries.

(07-28-2023, 10:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Give this person a raise.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - PCB Bengal Fan - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 11:33 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: This is the Bengals' 600 million dollar man.  If he has a hangnail, they're going to cart him off the field in pre-season.  I don't know the severity t of this, but I understand their immense amount of caution.  Personally, knowing how hard JB works out, and how strong he really is, I'm not really worried.  Extreme heat....and early in the mandatory practices.....I understand their caution.

Maybe it was planned to give a good reason to not play at all the whole pre-season. People won't be upset at all that he's not playing.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - sandwedge - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 11:54 AM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Maybe it was planned to give a good reason to not play at all the whole pre-season. People won't be upset at all that he's not playing.

I don't think that's the case. I'm probably in the minority here, but I like having your starters out there for at least a series, just to play under the lights, even if it's just to hand the ball off 3 straight times.

(07-28-2023, 10:39 AM)BengalBob Wrote: Sounds like a lousy way to watch a Bengals game to me.

You see it as lousy.

I see it as practice for my eventual prison sentence.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - LSUfaninTN - 07-28-2023

Bingo. That’s what I think isn’t being talked about enough on this board at the moment… regardless of when he comes back, he will 100% feel the effects for at least half the season, if not more. 

When he came back from the torn Achilles, though, it was like nothing changed. He still had that dog in him. But it will bug him for most of the season.