Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
It's Draft Time: Impeachment Edition - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: It's Draft Time: Impeachment Edition (/Thread-It-s-Draft-Time-Impeachment-Edition)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: So Much Winning - xxlt - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 11:37 AM)hollodero Wrote: Just a small one. The Republican party, I feel, has its last chance here not to go down in history as enablers. If they don't act now in any way, then trust in the US ist lost way beyond the Trump years.

About Trump, you're right. He seems to purposedly do everything he can to get further discredited. Which imho could only mean he needs to be the top news story all the time at all costs, or that he actually wants to get out of this gig. The third option, that he really is that stupid, I can't yet fully believe.

Ego is fragile enough and he is shallow enough to believe "no such thing as bad press." As long as I am on the front page, I'm winning is a definite possibility. Sheer stupidity is too, from my angle. Thanks for giving me other options to consider!

RE: So Much Winning - hollodero - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 12:13 PM)xxlt Wrote: Thanks for giving me other options to consider!

Oh, you're welcome. I have more. He really could be an actual Russian spy. Facing business failure some years back, getting rescued and funded by Russian money, in exchange laundering money and acting as their agent. Not that I think this is likely, but some things would support that. (His bizarre acts, Trump's son's statements, investigation in the Treasury Department.)

RE: So Much Winning - Nately120 - 05-16-2017

He should call Sara Palin and ask her how she managed to resign her only major office during her first term and still be applauded by her delusional fanbase for doing so.

RE: So Much Winning - Vas Deferens - 05-16-2017

The guy is a business man, a very business man, the businessniest man really. And until you know how much he sold that intel to the Russians for, we won't know if it was a good deal or not. Obviously he's waiting for the wire transfer to get completed before telling the taxpayers how much dollars we'll all see in our mailboxes.

Give the winning a chance guys. Pathetic.

RE: So Much Winning - Nately120 - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 06:23 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: The guy is a business man, a very business man, the businessniest man really.  And until you know how much he sold that intel to the Russians for, we won't know if it was a good deal or not.  Obviously he's waiting for the wire transfer to get completed before telling the taxpayers how much dollars we'll all see in our mailboxes.

Give the winning a chance guys.  Pathetic.

I can only imagine all the people who think PROFITABLE = BEST have never stepped foot inside a McDonalds.

RE: So Much Winning - JustWinBaby - 05-17-2017

What are the odds that the new FBI Director is going to be.....James Comey?

I mean, how many times did Trump fire Omarossa only to bring her back?

RE: So Much Winning - Bengalzona - 05-17-2017

I suspect the GOP likes Trump just fine the way he is. They have been crying for years that the POTUS has too much power. What better way to make a point than to have a complete imbecile in power.

RE: Trump impeached? You bet! - Belsnickel - 05-17-2017

So, the first thing that has cropped up that has me on the question of impeachment is the Comey memo thing. If this turns out to have some merit to it, it could very well be obstruction of justice. Those of you at home may remember that obstruction of justice was what Clinton was impeached for. We shall see if it plays out. I called Goodlatte's office yesterday and asked the question of "if there is merit to the claim that the president asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation, will the representative consider impeachment proceedings?" I got a very non-answer, which is what I expected, but still. If there is obstruction of justice then there should be impeachment hearings.

I look forward to hearing more from House Oversight now that Chaffetz has requested the documents.

RE: So Much Winning - CageTheBengal - 05-17-2017

Who knew a side effect from winning so much would be chronic diarrhea and vomiting for an hour straight every morning.

RE: So Much Winning - Dill - 05-17-2017

(05-16-2017, 11:23 AM)xxlt Wrote: I think Trump wants to be impeached.

He's made a small fortune off being President, and can leverage it into many more small fortunes.

But, people are saying mean things about him - which bothers him - and he has no idea how to be President, which embarrasses him when people point it out, causing people to say mean things, which bothers him.

He can't quit. Then he would be a "loser." But if he is impeached it is because he was a "winner" - and all the Washington insiders and the fake media were jealous of his winning - and he can leave Washington a martyr in the eyes of his faithful, a winner in his own mind, and most importantly a winner financially.

So, I predict he continues to contradict members of his team who are trying to protect him and to ramp up the stupid and reckless behavior, up to and including shooting someone on the street in NYC or at Mar-a-Lago if that is what it takes, until articles of impeachment are drawn up. At that point he will make a calculation - hire lawyers and fight it knowing he will ultimately be removed but fighting anyway if he thinks fighting adds more value to his brand - or resign if he thinks that will add more value to his brand.

He's done. He's just lighting fires until the inevitable happens - articles of impeachment.

Thoughts?

I think impeachment would be bad for the brand.  It connotes failure, loser, even if he is a martyr. Martyrs are losers.

Think of McCain sitting in the Hanoi Hilton for all those years for getting captured.  Loser.

RE: So Much Winning - Vas Deferens - 05-17-2017

The best part will be yelling loser at the yokels that supported this guy. Throwing egg at those that gave him a chance in the first place. Idiots.

RE: So Much Winning - Belsnickel - 05-17-2017

[Image: WkNdgucVgRh8AvsIVnpjbknj1Y7q_9XJVNEOP7Ao...c2977eba74]

RE: Trump impeached? You bet! - BengalHawk62 - 05-17-2017

Even if he's impeached.....which by the way, I still feel is less than a 25% chance of happening.......what's going to change?  Not a damn thing.

RE: Trump impeached? You bet! - hollodero - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 03:14 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Even if he's impeached.....which by the way, I still feel is less than a 25% chance of happening.......what's going to change?  Not a damn thing.

Maybe people would realize that character and competence are important treats for a presidential candidate. 

RE: So Much Winning - Nately120 - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 12:11 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: The best part will be yelling loser at the yokels that supported this guy.  Throwing egg at those that gave him a chance in the first place.  Idiots.

Even if Trump resigned today his supporters would claim resigning was the most awesome and winningest thing he's done since he won the presidency.  

RE: So Much Winning - GMDino - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 06:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even if Trump resigned today his supporters would claim resigning was the most awesome and winningest thing he's done since he won the presidency.  

Also it's the deep state and MSM's fault.  DJT has done nothing wrong except be an outsider.

At least that's the twitter feed I see.

RE: So Much Winning - xxlt - 05-18-2017

(05-16-2017, 12:29 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh, you're welcome. I have more. He really could be an actual Russian spy. Facing business failure some years back, getting rescued and funded by Russian money, in exchange laundering money and acting as their agent. Not that I think this is likely, but some things would support that. (His bizarre acts, Trump's son's statements, investigation in the Treasury Department.)

None of the other theories exclude this one! In fact, I've always believed he was somewhere between an agent for Russia and a spy, although "tool" seems more likely than spy. He's a little too Jethro Bodine to be a real double nought spy. There is little question of agency at this point though.

RE: So Much Winning - xxlt - 05-18-2017

(05-16-2017, 07:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can only imagine all the people who think PROFITABLE = BEST have never stepped foot inside a McDonalds.

Did you mean to say "outside?"

RE: Trump impeached? You bet! - michaelsean - 05-18-2017

(05-17-2017, 09:08 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, the first thing that has cropped up that has me on the question of impeachment is the Comey memo thing. If this turns out to have some merit to it, it could very well be obstruction of justice. Those of you at home may remember that obstruction of justice was what Clinton was impeached for. We shall see if it plays out. I called Goodlatte's office yesterday and asked the question of "if there is merit to the claim that the president asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation, will the representative consider impeachment proceedings?" I got a very non-answer, which is what I expected, but still. If there is obstruction of justice then there should be impeachment hearings.

I look forward to hearing more from House Oversight now that Chaffetz has requested the documents.

I have a hard time believing someone writing a note to himself saying that Trump said what he said can be legitimate evidence of obstruction, and if Comey thought it was obstruction, why didn't he report it to the Justice Dept at the time?

RE: Trump impeached? You bet! - hollodero - 05-18-2017

(05-18-2017, 10:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I have a hard time believing someone writing a note to himself saying that Trump said what he said can be legitimate evidence of obstruction, and if Comey thought it was obstruction, why didn't he report it to the Justice Dept at the time?

To Sessions? I could see a reason why he didn't do that. Also, he can't quite prove his claims, since it would probably end up in his words against Trump's. The question is fair, but the latter answer seems like a legit reason to not beat the drum and probably impair his investigation.