Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks (/Thread-AJ-Green-hurt-Will-miss-6-8-weeks)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - Nicomo Cosca - 07-29-2019

He might not even catch Chad’s records at this rate...

I remember when it seemed like a forgone conclusion.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - RunKijanaRun - 07-29-2019

Sources have informed me that the doctors tasked with immobilizing and treating his ankle accidentally fused his legs together and also mistakenly gave him breast implants. There is no way to separate the legs - his entire lower body will be amputated. He's keeping the tits.

These new developments have pushed back his return approximately 2 hours.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - ochocincos - 07-29-2019

All part of the plan for a Top 4 pick! Ninja

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - Nately120 - 07-29-2019

I have to wonder if his seeking a second opinion is him seeking someone who won't tell him he needs surgery.  I wouldn't be too surprised if he needs one of those Eifert-style "super not a big deal totally you guys" procedures.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - THE PISTONS - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 09:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You guys just KNOW this is going to be one of those injuries where AJ ends up missing the entire year.

It will linger, Bengals medical staff will botch something, and next thing you know its going to be week 16.

He'll be back in time for the playoff run in that scenario!

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - Daddy-O - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 11:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to wonder if his seeking a second opinion is him seeking someone who won't tell him he needs surgery.  I wouldn't be too surprised if he needs one of those Eifert-style "super not a big deal totally you guys" procedures.

That doesn't seem like it would make sense.  If he needed ankle ligament reconstruction the recovery timetable would be much longer you would think.  Most tears don't require surgery.  Heck even a complete tear can heal without surgery if immobilized correctly.  Seems illogical but true.

(07-29-2019, 11:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to wonder if his seeking a second opinion is him seeking someone who won't tell him he needs surgery.  I wouldn't be too surprised if he needs one of those Eifert-style "super not a big deal totally you guys" procedures.

It does seem odd to me that he's seeking a 2nd opinion on a sprained ankle. Generally you seek those when surgery is on the table as you said.

(07-29-2019, 11:36 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: That doesn't seem like it would make sense.  If he needed ankle ligament reconstruction the recovery timetable would be much longer you would think.  Most tears don't require surgery.  Heck even a complete tear can heal without surgery if immobilized correctly.  Seems illogical but true.

Well who knows if the timetable is accurate. The Bengals haven't officially commented on it that I saw.

(07-29-2019, 11:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It does seem odd to me that he's seeking a 2nd opinion on a sprained ankle. Generally you seek those when surgery is on the table as you said.

It's just our normal fear of getting increasingly bad news about it.  No big deal sprain, ok it's worse but not the end of the world, ok well now they want a second opinion.

This could be where the news gets better, but I'm not holding my breath yet. 

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - jj22 - 07-29-2019

I think the seeking of a 2nd opinion tells all. Surgery is on the table. This isn't a typical sprain.

Got to wish he would have just broke it. They say sometimes that is better.

We'll hear more around practice today. Got to brace for more bad news.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - Synric - 07-29-2019

I'm not really concerned if AJ misses some games while yes he is arguably the best player on this team I think the offense will be put on the shoulders of Joe Mixon this season. If they can get decent play from the other receivers I believe Mixon can make life easier for Dalton and receiver core.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - Whatever - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 11:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It does seem odd to me that he's seeking a 2nd opinion on a sprained ankle. Generally you seek those when surgery is on the table as you said.

If I had AJ's money, I'd seek a second opinion just on general principal.  He's in a contract year.  If it it turns out to be worse than the initial diagnosis and he winds up needing surgery, it could cost him millions in FA next year if he puts it off and/or reinjures it.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - Whatever - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 12:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think the seeking of a 2nd opinion tells all. Surgery is on the table. This isn't a typical sprain.

Got to wish he would have just broke it. They say sometimes that is better.

We'll hear more around practice today. Got to brace for more bad news.

I was diagnosed with a Grade 3 ankle sprain years back.  I was jumping down off the steps on a box truck and landed full weight on a wheel chock, totally folding my foot underneath me.  That bump on the outside of my ankle literally scraped the asphalt.  I went in for X-rays and they told me it wasn't broken, but it would have been better if it was.  After a month of PT, it was totally fine, no surgery needed, and it's never bothered me since.  Everyone is different, and everyone recovers differently.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - bengals67 - 07-29-2019

If I was AJ or his agent I would want a second opinion by a doc he and his agent selects,  preferably someone outside of Cincinnati.

AJ's reaction when he was hurt was the reaction of an experienced pro athlete who has had a lot of these types of issues who believed this could be season ending.

Don't be surprised if this ends up being a lot worse than what is currently being reported.

(07-29-2019, 12:15 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not really concerned if AJ misses some games while yes he is arguably the best player on this team I think the offense will be put on the shoulders of Joe Mixon this season. If they can get decent play from the other receivers I believe Mixon can make life easier for Dalton and receiver core.

As awesome as Mixon is, if we have a bad line and one or maybe 2 real receiving options things could get icky.

(07-29-2019, 12:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: I was diagnosed with a Grade 3 ankle sprain years back.  I was jumping down off the steps on a box truck and landed full weight on a wheel chock, totally folding my foot underneath me.  That bump on the outside of my ankle literally scraped the asphalt.  I went in for X-rays and they told me it wasn't broken, but it would have been better if it was.  After a month of PT, it was totally fine, no surgery needed, and it's never bothered me since.  Everyone is different, and everyone recovers differently.

That sounds extremely painful.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - rfaulk34 - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 09:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You guys just KNOW this is going to be one of those injuries where AJ ends up missing the entire year.

It will linger, Bengals medical staff will botch something, and next thing you know its going to be week 16.

Yep. All that "hope" about someone stepping up and everything working out...this is the Mike Brown owned Bengals we're talking about. 

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - XenoMorph - 07-29-2019

its what happens for trying to do something nice and bring practice to dayton

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - XenoMorph - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 01:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. All that "hope" about someone stepping up and everything working out...this is the Mike Brown owned Bengals we're talking about. 

well doesn't matter who the owner is if these young dudes want to keep getting paid nfl money they need to step up.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - bengaloo - 07-29-2019

It would be a huge help at this point if Eifert could pull off a full season of health. That would certainly ease the blow of losing Green if he has to miss some games. If that happens and we get some improved play from our younger WRs we may shock some people, probably especially us Bengal fans.