Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests (/Thread-More-largely-peaceful-Portland-protests)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - SunsetBengal - 08-30-2020

(08-30-2020, 08:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Being completely honest, the officer's actions in that case were so beyond the pale that at this point it doesn't really matter if that's what killed Floyd or not.  Everyone here knows I'm going to err on the side of giving law enforcement the benefit of the doubt, but that officer acted in such an egregious manner that he was never going to get that benefit.  His actions were inexcusable.  The actual cause of Floyd's death really only matters for the officer's criminal trial now, and that of the other officers.  The damage that officer did is irrevocably done, in every way possible.

(08-30-2020, 08:56 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: That doesn't really change anything, for two reasons:

1.  The cop still acted terribly.

2.  The rioting has morphed well beyond police brutality anyway.  That was true way back when statues of Columbus and founding fathers were being toppled. 

That being said, the Floyd incident was the catalyst.  The real statement about human nature to me is that now he has murals all over America and every one is saying his name, but before that no one cared enough about him to give him $20.00.

I completely agree with both of you, the LEO's actions were inexcusable.  

The reason that I felt compelled to share this article and it's findings, is because many people try to portray George Floyd as just some guy that was minding his own business, and was viciously attacked by the police.  The fact of the matter is, the police are typically never called on anyone that was "minding their own business".  The guy had taken fatal levels of lethal drugs, he was causing a disturbance and the police were called.  

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Dill - 08-31-2020

(08-30-2020, 09:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I completely agree with both of you, the LEO's actions were inexcusable.  

The reason that I felt compelled to share this article and it's findings, is because many people try to portray George Floyd as just some guy that was minding his own business, and was viciously attacked by the police.  The fact of the matter is, the police are typically never called on anyone that was "minding their own business".  The guy had taken fatal levels of lethal drugs, he was causing a disturbance and the police were called.  

Pretty sure everyone knows he was arrested under suspicion of passing counterfeit money, that he had priors, and that he had meth in his system. That info was out within 48 hours of GF's death.

The a medical memorandum to his autopsy does not make the protests post facto a "crock of shit." People still saw what they saw.

So far as I can tell, the "drug overdose" angle is a defense tactic and has not yet trumped the original finding of the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, which already noted a confluence of underlying conditions and causes. https://www.fox9.com/news/hennepin-county-medical-examiner-declares-george-floyd-death-homicide

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Belsnickel - 08-31-2020

(08-30-2020, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Polls.

I heard Biden is now getting out of his basement to beat Trump to WI. Folks can post the arbitrary link here and there of Dems "condemning" the violence, but just use this forum as a microcosm of who and have and have not condemned the violence  and you'll get your answer.

Put now they realize Americans are tired of the shit and they'll try to claim how much "against it" they've been. 

"Arbitrary links" that prove they have been condemning it from early on. Interesting way to dismiss evidence of you being wrong.

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-31-2020

A counter-protester was shot and killed over the weekend in Portland.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/31/us/what-happened-portland-shooting-protest/index.html

Of course, the cowardly mayor blames Trump for the shooting.

https://apnews.com/6706c916dc6a156b9847baca437a91de

Trump has certainly stoked the fires, but the Portland mayor has allowed nightly riots for three straight months. he has done absolutely nothing to stop it. The blame for any violence at this point falls squarely on the mayor, and, of course, those actually engaging in the violence.

Seriously, Ted Wheeler lacks any semblance of a spine or a drop of moral courage.

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - bfine32 - 08-31-2020

(08-31-2020, 08:22 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: "Arbitrary links" that prove they have been condemning it from early on. Interesting way to dismiss evidence of you being wrong.

No need to call anyone "wrong"

I simply replied to someone who asked what changed.

But yes, you're right.

As to me I've seen a more concerted effort by the left to condemn the violence lately.

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - GMDino - 08-31-2020

(08-30-2020, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Polls.

I heard Biden is now getting out of his basement to beat Trump to WI. Folks can post the arbitrary link here and there of Dems "condemning" the violence, but just use this forum as a microcosm of who and have and have not condemned the violence  and you'll get your answer.

Put now they realize Americans are tired of the shit and they'll try to claim how much "against it" they've been. 

That's an interesting turn of a phrase from someone who doesn't support Trump.

Has Trump or Pence condemned all the violence yet or are they still just blaming the Democrats and praising "patriots" who are riding in to "confront the left"?

I know the answer.

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-31-2020

(08-31-2020, 11:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: Has Trump or Pence condemned all the violence yet or are they still just blaming the Democrats and praising "patriots" who are riding in to "confront the left"?

I know the answer.

I think they've been condemning the violence continuously.  

(08-31-2020, 11:19 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think they've been condemning the violence continuously.  

Not only have they condemned it; they've taken measures to stop it in places like Portland, but it caused many on the left to hyperventilate.

(08-31-2020, 11:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's an interesting turn of a phrase from someone who doesn't support Trump.

Has Trump or Pence condemned all the violence yet or are they still just blaming the Democrats and praising "patriots" who are riding in to "confront the left"?

I know the answer.
Yes, you're right. You know all the answers.

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - michaelsean - 08-31-2020

Remember when everyone was worried about what the TEA Party might do? Was it like this?

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Belsnickel - 08-31-2020

(08-31-2020, 12:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Remember when everyone was worried about what the TEA Party might do? Was it like this?

Remember when? I'm still concerned about them. So many of them have gone from "don't tread on me!" to "tread harder!" and I am legitimately concerned about violence on both sides after the election.

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - masonbengals fan - 08-31-2020

It's already started.

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - GMDino - 08-31-2020

The POTUS retweeted a brief video over the weekend.

Screen shot.  If you want to watch it go to his feed.

[Image: trump-tweet.jpg]

Because NOTHING says "i'm against violence" like retweet a video like this with zero context and claiming it is BLM/Anitfa.

Unfortunately...

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-01-2020

So, the riots continue and Wheeler himself is ever becoming the focus.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/09/protesters-march-to-portland-mayor-ted-wheelers-residence-monday-throw-birthday-party-demand-resignation-live-updates.html

I've been saying, you can't cater to these people. Letting them riot for three straight months wasn't enough, now they want Ted to resign because he didn't do enough to satisfy them. So, the tried to set fire to his building, where numerous other people live as well. It's almost like tolerating lawless behavior breeds more lawless behavior.

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - GMDino - 09-01-2020

When your leader tells you to blame "the media"...and you're as dumb as him.
[Image: Eg1nHbHWkAArx6V?format=png&name=small]

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - bfine32 - 09-01-2020

(09-01-2020, 11:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, the riots continue and Wheeler himself is ever becoming the focus.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/09/protesters-march-to-portland-mayor-ted-wheelers-residence-monday-throw-birthday-party-demand-resignation-live-updates.html

I've been saying, you can't cater to these people.  Letting them riot for three straight months wasn't enough, now they want Ted to resign because he didn't do enough to satisfy them.  So, the tried to set fire to his building, where numerous other people live as well.  It's almost like tolerating lawless behavior breeds more lawless behavior.

This will all calm down once he Federal Agents leave,

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - GMDino - 09-02-2020

Again maybe if the POTUS didn't encourage more outsiders to come in and cause trouble...

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-02-2020

(09-02-2020, 09:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again maybe if the POTUS didn't encourage more outsiders to come in and cause trouble...

Let's say Biden is 100% correct, why would you play right into Trump's hands?  The riots have been occurring for over three months and Trump is, honestly, the only person who actually tried to stop them.  Trump get's criticized, fairly and accurately, about a lot of things, but the Portland riots are not one of those instances.

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - GMDino - 09-02-2020

(09-02-2020, 10:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Let's say Biden is 100% correct, why would you play right into Trump's hands?  The riots have been occurring for over three months and Trump is, honestly, the only person who actually tried to stop them.  Trump get's criticized, fairly and accurately, about a lot of things, but the Portland riots are not one of those instances.

Hilarious

Oh my!  I haven't laughed that hard is a long time.  Thanks!

RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-02-2020

(09-02-2020, 10:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

Oh my!  I haven't laughed that hard is a long time.  Thanks!

I can imagine.  So do tell, who else has attempted to stop the three month plus long Portland riots?