Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics (/Thread-Election-Challenges-Protests-Conspiracy-Theories-and-Moral-Panics)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Big Boss - 12-03-2020

"Lock her up."

Am I doing it right?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/politics/ivanka-trump-deposition/index.html

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - GMDino - 12-03-2020

OMG...

This was one of Rudy's witnesses.

I...I just can't....

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - GMDino - 12-03-2020

Mellow

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - BrownAssClown - 12-03-2020

(12-03-2020, 06:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: OMG...

This was one of Rudy's witnesses.

I...I just can't....

Victoria Jackson about 30-35 years ago.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - BrownAssClown - 12-03-2020

(12-03-2020, 06:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Cousin itt wore it better.
[Image: 74c03faeacdd6f2454e7b8a80ff57199.png]

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - GMDino - 12-04-2020

DJT new attempt is to say that the only way to increase voter turnout in the Georgia Senate runoffs is to go BACK and find the votes so he wins the state...then Republicans will be so HAPPY they will run out and vote.

He said that.

It is beyond time for all Republicans in office to come out and tell Trump to end this farce.

I know many won't...because they are bought and sold on Trumpism but the rest should...and loudly.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - GMDino - 12-04-2020

More on the pardons for possible sale.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Au165 - 12-05-2020

Trump lost a bunch more lawsuits today bringing the current total to 1-44 with the 1 eventually being overturned. It’s almost as if every court across the country agrees that everything Trump has been saying about the election is a lie.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Nately120 - 12-05-2020

(12-05-2020, 12:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: Trump lost a bunch more lawsuits today bringing the current total to 1-44 with the 1 eventually being overturned. It’s almost as if every court across the country agrees that everything Trump has been saying about the election is a lie.

Even Zac Taylor scoffs at that win percentage. 

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 12-07-2020

(12-05-2020, 12:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: Trump lost a bunch more lawsuits today bringing the current total to 1-44 with the 1 eventually being overturned. It’s almost as if every court across the country agrees that everything Trump has been saying about the election is a lie.

This can't be true as I was reliably informed that due to the number of Trump judicial appointments the last four years that our judiciary had been compromised as an impartial arbiter of the law.  It's almost like our institutions are far stronger than a single presidency, as some have argued.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Nately120 - 12-07-2020

(12-07-2020, 12:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This can't be true as I was reliably informed that due to the number of Trump judicial appointments the last four years that our judiciary had been compromised as an impartial arbiter of the law.  It's almost like our institutions are far stronger than a single presidency, as some have argued.

Is refusing to overturn our entire democratic process to benefit a celebrity con man with no concrete evidence a high enough bar to declare impartiality?

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Big Boss - 12-07-2020

1-47 now.  The GA federal judge went off on them.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 12-07-2020

(12-07-2020, 01:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is refusing to overturn our entire democratic process to benefit a celebrity con man with no concrete evidence a high enough bar to declare impartiality?

Yes. Ninja

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Au165 - 12-08-2020

...and in today's stupid publicity stunt lawsuit the state of Texas has now sued Michigan, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin over the election. Spoiler alert, aside from this being a stupid ass publicity stunt by the Texas AG, the legal argument is absolute garbage. Yet again though, this is why it was dangerous to humor Trump and his minions. We have let this circus go on so long it has become an absolute S*** S***.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Nately120 - 12-08-2020

(12-08-2020, 01:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...and in today's stupid publicity stunt lawsuit the state of Texas has now sued Michigan, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin over the election. Spoiler alert, aside from this being a stupid ass publicity stunt by the Texas AG, the legal argument is absolute garbage. Yet again though, this is why it was dangerous to humor Trump and his minions. We have let this circus go on so long it has become an absolute S*** S***.

I seen 80 million votes for Jo Jorgensen get burned at the same time a van that almost certainly held 74 million votes for Trump was near a building. No one voted for Biden, he looks like Skeletor with hair plugs.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Big Boss - 12-08-2020

(12-08-2020, 01:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...and in today's stupid publicity stunt lawsuit the state of Texas has now sued Michigan, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin over the election. Spoiler alert, aside from this being a stupid ass publicity stunt by the Texas AG, the legal argument is absolute garbage. Yet again though, this is why it was dangerous to humor Trump and his minions. We have let this circus go on so long it has become an absolute S*** S***.

Exactly.  Now they're so far down this idiotic rabbit hole that even when the Electoral College votes Joe Biden into office next week, you'll see see Republican Senators refuse to acknowledge him.  It's now political suicide for a Republican to take any other stance than Trump getting screwed over. Mouth-breathing blowhards like Cruz and Graham and Rubio will continue crying "Fraud!" and demand that Congress contest the election when they vote in January (spoiler: they won't).  

This charade has been nothing less than dangerous to American democracy.  My only hope is that is blows up in their face and they lose the two Senate seats in GA as a result.  

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Au165 - 12-08-2020

Further proof this crap is getting dangerous...

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/529195-arizona-gop-asks-if-followers-willing-to-give-their-life-to-stop-the-steal

Quote:The Arizona Republican Party late Monday asked supporters if they were willing to give their lives in the fight over the results of the presidential election.

The party retweeted right-wing activist Ali Alexander's promise that he is "willing to give my life for this fight."
"He is. Are you?" the state GOP added.

Officials with President Trump's campaign and the national Republican Party did not immediately return messages seeking comment on the tweet, including questions as to whether it crossed a line into advocating political violence. Arizona was the site of a deadly mass shooting in 2011 when a man attacked then-Democratic Rep. Gabby Giffords outside of a grocery store, killing six in the process.

Attorneys for the president have been active in Arizona and other battleground states won by President-elect Joe Biden in a campaign to overturn state election results over baseless accusations of widespread election and voter fraud, efforts that have yet to bear fruit. 

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Nately120 - 12-08-2020

(12-08-2020, 02:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: Further proof this crap is getting dangerous...

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/529195-arizona-gop-asks-if-followers-willing-to-give-their-life-to-stop-the-steal

People talk a big game about dying for this and that, but when it comes time to pay the piper I'd wager they're going to stand around waiting for someone else to charge first.  

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Big Boss - 12-08-2020

(12-08-2020, 02:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: "He is. Are you?" the state GOP added.

Are they?

Practice what you preach there, fam.

(12-08-2020, 03:27 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Are they?

Practice what you preach there, fam.

I guess we will see what happens, but citizens who talk big about being ready to die for this and then tend to say it in the same matter as they say "I could be a better coach than the guy who is calling the shots for my favorite football team!"  It just always falls under that "I'm not going to actually have to back up my words, so I'll just say I'd 100% do it because I think it sounds good."

This is everyone's chance to show that they mean what they say about gleefully dying for freedom, or what is right, or to show they would indeed run head-first into danger if it were the right thing to do.  I just don't see an actual armed coup against the government getting far beyond the point at which these people start getting shot back at.