Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Housh - 07-28-2023

Idc if it takes regular season games

We need this thing healed. Calf injuries linger like a *****

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - jj22 - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 11:33 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: This is the Bengals' 600 million dollar man.  If he has a hangnail, they're going to cart him off the field in pre-season.  I don't know the severity t of this, but I understand their immense amount of caution.  Personally, knowing how hard JB works out, and how strong he really is, I'm not really worried.  Extreme heat....and early in the mandatory practices.....I understand their caution.

Caution? They let him practice when he was already experiencing something not right with his calf. Hard for me to be sold they are cautions with him.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - LSUfaninTN - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 08:25 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Spot on.  I’d say burrow probable (75%) to start week 1.  Even if he were to miss the first few weeks, is a guy like Bridgewater objectively “that” much better than Siemian.  I know bridgewater had a better collegiate career, but as nfl players… when given the opportunity, they are about the same.  Fwiw.

I would put it much higher than 75%. The few doctors’ opinions I’ve read on these types of injuries (there’s no way it’s worse than grade 2), the usual timeline is 28 days, give or take. He’s playing week 1. But like I said in the other post, the injury will linger. But this is a guy that played the second half of the national championship with torn rib cartilage. I don’t think it’s going to slow him down at all.

And as I said before, if Joe is “injury prone” it’s almost positively due to his boldness / stubbornness and lack of fear, so he takes risks and doesn’t really care about the possible consequences. He will never be a “play it safe” guy.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Soonerpeace - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 12:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Caution? They let him practice when he was already experiencing something not right with his calf. Hard for me to be sold they are cautions with him.

Certain injuries you have to rely on the player to be honest. Joe was so fired up for practices I’m not sure he was upfront.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - burreauxs - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 12:48 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I would put it much higher than 75%. The few doctors’ opinions I’ve read on these types of injuries (there’s no way it’s worse than grade 2), the usual timeline is 28 days, give or take. He’s playing week 1. But like I said in the other post, the injury will linger. But this is a guy that played the second half of the national championship with torn rib cartilage. I don’t think it’s going to slow him down at all.

And as I said before, if Joe is “injury prone” it’s almost positively due to his boldness / stubbornness and lack of fear, so he takes risks and doesn’t really care about the possible consequences. He will never be a “play it safe” guy.

I think it's misleading to say the injury might linger. The injury will heal. The pain could linger, but there are plenty of modalities and interventions the ATs/PTs can perform that will help with any gameday pain. I would really hope a simple strain wouldn't turn chronic for a high-level athlete with a whole sports medicine team at his disposal. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - basballguy - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 01:57 PM)burreauxs Wrote: I think it's misleading to say the injury might linger. The injury will heal. The pain could linger, but there are plenty of modalities and interventions the ATs/PTs can perform that will help with any gameday pain. I would really hope a simple strain wouldn't turn chronic for a high-level athlete with a whole sports medicine team at his disposal. 

@jocktodoc on Twitter says it’s the type of injury that will linger all year. I think we all hope he’ll be fine but there are medical professionals saying this, not just him…..albeit, they’re doing it from the outside looking in.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Synric - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 02:08 PM)basballguy Wrote: @jocktodoc on Twitter says it’s the type of injury that will linger all year.  I think we all hope he’ll be fine but there are medical professionals saying this, not just him…..albeit, they’re doing it from the outside looking in.

A calf strain is a soft tissue injury they could heal fast 100% or linger for months all depends on the injury, the person, and the rehab. No one can give any information about Joe's injury other than what the team or Joe himself releases.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 12:40 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Bingo. That’s what I think isn’t being talked about enough on this board at the moment… regardless of when he comes back, he will 100% feel the effects for at least half the season, if not more. 

When he came back from the torn Achilles, though, it was like nothing changed. He still had that dog in him. But it will bug him for most of the season.

When was this?

(07-28-2023, 01:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Certain injuries you have to rely on the player to be honest. Joe was so fired up for practices I’m not sure he was upfront.

What did Google tell you Joe wasn’t upfront about with the training staff?

“I’m not sure” infers you have doubt about your info which is less than the 1000% accuracy you promised last night.

Aren’t you worried it will get back to your source you just claimed Joe lied to the training staff? That’s pretty shitty.

(07-28-2023, 02:08 PM)basballguy Wrote: @jocktodoc on Twitter says it’s the type of injury that will linger all year. I think we all hope he’ll be fine but there are medical professionals saying this, not just him…..albeit, they’re doing it from the outside looking in.

I understand, but I’m just saying the injury itself will heal within that 4-8 week timeline. Painful symptoms lingering is different than the actual tissue still being damaged, and again there’s a lot the AT staff can do for pain modulation and also any lingering effects of lost motor control or proprioception. I think this is an important differentiation for people worried about the injury itself.

I’m honestly just not too worried about it bothering him after it heals. There’s stuff they can do for that. I’m not just making this up to be hopeful, I’m speaking from experience as a DPT.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Housh - 07-28-2023

All i know is if he’s getting calf cramps in December I’m going to be afraid

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - George Cantstandya - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 02:17 PM)Synric Wrote: A calf strain is a soft tissue injury they could heal fast 100% or linger for months all depends on the injury, the person, and the rehab. No one can give any information about Joe's injury other than what the team or Joe himself releases.

But all the social media people have been flocking to Twits and other social media within a short time of the injury happening for clicks and views to give their expert view having not been there or examining Burrow.  They must know better.  /s

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - basballguy - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 02:25 PM)burreauxs Wrote: I understand, but I’m just saying the injury itself will heal within that 4-8 week timeline. Painful symptoms lingering is different than the actual tissue still being damaged, and again there’s a lot the AT staff can do for pain modulation and also any lingering effects of lost motor control or proprioception. I think this is an important differentiation for people worried about the injury itself.

I’m honestly just not too worried about it bothering him after it heals. There’s stuff they can do for that. I’m not just making this up to be hopeful, I’m speaking from experience as a DPT.

Ya I’m not worried about it either. I’m just saying it’s not a reach for people to think this way since there are medical professionals saying it.

(07-28-2023, 02:38 PM)basballguy Wrote: Ya I’m not worried about it either. I’m just saying it’s not a reach for people to think this way since there are medical professionals saying it.

Right lol. I wish some of them would shut up.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 02:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When was this?

You don't remember Joe Burrow tearing his ACL and MCL his rookie season? I am sure that is what he meant, not achilles.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 02:25 PM)burreauxs Wrote: I understand, but I’m just saying the injury itself will heal within that 4-8 week timeline. Painful symptoms lingering is different than the actual tissue still being damaged, and again there’s a lot the AT staff can do for pain modulation and also any lingering effects of lost motor control or proprioception. I think this is an important differentiation for people worried about the injury itself.

Nice post. Makes me feel better about it all as I have no idea about the injury and am always hopeful lol

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - TheFan - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 12:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Caution? They let him practice when he was already experiencing something not right with his calf. Hard for me to be sold they are cautions with him.

It could also be that they/he didn't think it was anything significant. Lots of players talked about how they were sore after day 1 so it was probably assumed to just be the normal soreness everyone gets after day 1 of doing workouts/training more than you're used to. 

Anyone who's done sports knows you're going to feel sore after the first few days even if you're in good shape. 

(07-28-2023, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You don't remember Joe Burrow tearing his ACL and MCL his rookie season? I am sure that is what he meant, not achilles.

I definitely remember the ACL. Did not recall an Achilles injury. Keep in mind, people are suggesting the injury prone label, recalling injuries at OSU, and suggesting he shouldn’t have practiced because of soreness. Wish I thought of that in the Army, “Sergeant, I don’t think I can ruck 12 miles today in this Georgia heat and humidity. I got a little calf soreness.”

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - jj22 - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 02:08 PM)basballguy Wrote: @jocktodoc on Twitter says it’s the type of injury that will linger all year.  I think we all hope he’ll be fine but there are medical professionals saying this, not just him…..albeit, they’re doing it from the outside looking in.

It certainly lingered for Rodgers. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Soonerpeace - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 02:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What did Google tell you Joe wasn’t upfront about with the training staff?

“I’m not sure” infers you have doubt about your info which is less than the 1000% accuracy you promised last night.

Aren’t you worried it will get back to your source you just claimed Joe lied to the training staff? That’s pretty shitty.

Relax little dog. It was my opinion. My source hasn’t heard anything. Has your prescription for adderall already run out?