Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama (/Thread-House-Speaker-Ongoing-Melodrama)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Nately120 - 10-19-2023

(10-19-2023, 05:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sadly a deal with Jeffries is a deal with the devil. Just ask McCarthy.

Has anyone noticed a change in their life since 8 GOP members and every democratic member voted to remove McCarthy. I say just let the situation ride. Maybe a great lesson from both sides to learn playing politics all the time can be costly.

Let them recess until February.

What's wrong with some bi-partisan solution vote for McHenry if such a thing is possible?

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-19-2023

(10-19-2023, 05:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sadly a deal with Jeffries is a deal with the devil. Just ask McCarthy.

Has anyone noticed a change in their life since 8 GOP members and every democratic member voted to remove McCarthy. I say just let the situation ride. Maybe a great lesson from both sides to learn playing politics all the time can be costly.

Let them recess until February.

McCarthy was voted out because he handed a hangman's noose to his extreme right-wing by allowing a single person to bring in an order to vacate motion.  Every single Democrat voted against that rules package.

If McCarthy, had told his caucus to "stuff it"  that they were going to abide by the deal they made with the debt ceiling increase, he might have received some Democratic votes to save his Speakership.  He lied to them.  He reaped what he sowed.

Republicans can certainly keep the government closed for 4 months if they choose but that only proves to the world they can't govern when given the chance.  And if you think that people think the economy is bad now, just wait until the Republicans plunge millions into unemployment

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-19-2023

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Nately120 - 10-19-2023

(10-19-2023, 06:10 PM)pally Wrote: And if you think that people think the economy is bad now, just wait until the Republicans plunge millions into unemployment

The GOP is banking on the notion that they can plunge millions into unemployment and simply say "Biden did it" and get more support.  How they expect such a tactic to work after they've assured us that people vote republican because they value facts over feelings, I'll never know! Ninja

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Belsnickel - 10-19-2023

(10-19-2023, 06:10 PM)pally Wrote: McCarthy was voted out because he handed a hangman's noose to his extreme right-wing by allowing a single person to bring in an order to vacate motion.  Every single Democrat voted against that rules package.

If McCarthy, had told his caucus to "stuff it"  that they were going to abide by the deal they made with the debt ceiling increase, he might have received some Democratic votes to save his Speakership.  He lied to them.  He reaped what he sowed.

Exactly. The one who got shafted by his own party and then reneged on the deal he had already made can tell us about making a deal with the devil? I think it is pretty clear to everyone but the most brainwashed who the devil is in this scenario.

(10-19-2023, 06:10 PM)pally Wrote: Republicans can certainly keep the government closed for 4 months if they choose but that only proves to the world they can't govern when given the chance.  And if you think that people think the economy is bad now, just wait until the Republicans plunge millions into unemployment

Well, they've already proven they can't govern. Even some of the former Republican lawmakers have been saying as much. But this won't just impact our economy. This current situation limits the aid we can send to Ukraine and to Israel. It impacts so many things. I have a friend who is a civilian contractor at the NGIC and is also a reservist intel officer who attaches to SOF units. His area of focus in the Baltics, kind of an important area of focus right now. He was supposed to be deploying in a week but because of the situation in Congress, the funds aren't there. His deployment, and thus the mission he was going to be a part of, is indefinitely delayed. Now, I have no idea what he would be doing over there, I just know that he is specifically requested by the SOF community, so take that for what it is.

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - NATI BENGALS - 10-20-2023

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/voicemail-republican-wife-jim-jordan-vote_n_65321d8ee4b0eb7cdbc23962

The threatening calls to family members tells me all I need to know. Gym and I guess his allies the freedom caucus which was an inbred baby with the tea party which started because we had a black president are just bad people.

Wolf in sheep’s clothing type. Priest molesting children type of character. Evil. The bad guys.

That’s seriously the vibe I get from them. No nice way of putting it. Why in the world do people want to give someone like that power?

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Nately120 - 10-20-2023

I think they have another vote scheduled for 10. Now we see if the negotiations rattled enough cages to give the American people what they want as long as it's a specific republican.

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Luvnit2 - 10-20-2023

(10-19-2023, 06:10 PM)pally Wrote: McCarthy was voted out because he handed a hangman's noose to his extreme right-wing by allowing a single person to bring in an order to vacate motion.  Every single Democrat voted against that rules package.

Republicans can certainly keep the government closed for 4 months if they choose but that only proves to the world they can't govern when given the chance.  And if you think that people think the economy is bad now, just wait until the Republicans plunge millions into unemployment
Government is big, not that big. As we have learned, government workers always get back pay so no unemployment for any of them

Yes, I know the Biden economy sucks and so does the majority. I know Biden is too old, so do the majority. I know Biden is responsible for the 2 wars due to his weak appeasement foreign policy, so does the majority. I short, most watched (he asked) Biden and concluded he may be the worst President in history.

He does not have the balls to hold Iran responsible, his reversal of sanctions from Trump era allowed Iran to fund terrorists. That is also a fact, not some Fox News talking point. His weak stance....don't.don't,don't..don't has already been violated from Lebanon terrorists.

As for his constantly asking for money for foreign wars, I suggest he take money from his trillion dollar climate change bill and send to Israel and Ukraine. But, the moron still thinks climate change is the most imminent threat to the US.

(10-20-2023, 10:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think they have another vote scheduled for 10.  Now we see if the negotiations rattled enough cages to give the American people what they want as long as it's a specific republican.

The Democrats helped in a big way to the create the chaos playing politics. They have a choice also, vote for a Republican for speaker or continue the chaos by voting for Jeffries knowing he will never get the votes. It is a game for Democrats, they prefer to try and make he GOP look bad versus funding the war in Israel.

(10-20-2023, 10:32 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Democrats helped in a big way to the create the chaos playing politics. They have a choice also, vote for a Republican for speaker or continue the chaos by voting for Jeffries knowing he will never get the votes. It is a game for Democrats, they prefer to try and make he GOP look bad versus funding the war in Israel.

I think democrats would actually support McHenry, but you've already said that's as bad as just making Jefferies the speaker.

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - HarleyDog - 10-20-2023

(10-20-2023, 06:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/voicemail-republican-wife-jim-jordan-vote_n_65321d8ee4b0eb7cdbc23962

The threatening calls to family members tells me all I need to know. 

That's eerie stuff if true.

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - GMDino - 10-20-2023

(10-20-2023, 10:32 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Democrats helped in a big way to the create the chaos playing politics. They have a choice also, vote for a Republican for speaker or continue the chaos by voting for Jeffries knowing he will never get the votes. It is a game for Democrats, they prefer to try and make he GOP look bad versus funding the war in Israel.

Here's a history of the House Speaker votes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Speaker_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections

The vast majority of the time members do not vote for the other party.  "Vast" because I didn't take the time to see how each individual voted but the totals are there.

*IF* the gop could come up with an offer (a compromise if you will) maybe hey could get a few votes?

But Jim Jordan sees a chance for MORE power (to continue to do nothing) and won't give it up.  He'll fail.  And the republicans will again blame everyone but themselves...as you continue to do.

(10-19-2023, 07:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Exactly. The one who got shafted by his own party and then reneged on the deal he had already made can tell us about making a deal with the devil? I think it is pretty clear to everyone but the most brainwashed who the devil is in this scenario.

Well, they've already proven they can't govern. Even some of the former Republican lawmakers have been saying as much. But this won't just impact our economy. This current situation limits the aid we can send to Ukraine and to Israel. It impacts so many things. I have a friend who is a civilian contractor at the NGIC and is also a reservist intel officer who attaches to SOF units. His area of focus in the Baltics, kind of an important area of focus right now. He was supposed to be deploying in a week but because of the situation in Congress, the funds aren't there. His deployment, and thus the mission he was going to be a part of, is indefinitely delayed. Now, I have no idea what he would be doing over there, I just know that he is specifically requested by the SOF community, so take that for what it is.

Biden can't govern either. He sucks on foreign policy, economy and immigration. He will go down as the worst POTUS in history.

(10-20-2023, 10:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Biden can't govern either. He sucks on foreign policy, economy and immigration. He will go down as the worst POTUS in history.

He just came back from Israel where he was able to try and calm tensions and arrange to get aid to the civilians in Gaza that are also victims.

Then he flew back and addressed the nation.

Our energy independence is the highest its ever been.  Inflation is coming back down (for now).

P01135809 was in court all week, for just one of his many, many, many court cases, and said he "may" got to Israel himself....but he's not in court today because there is a big golf tournament at a resort he owns.

I think everyone (who isn't in a cult) knows who the worst POTUS in history will be.

(10-20-2023, 10:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Biden can't govern either. He sucks on foreign policy, economy and immigration. He will go down as the worst POTUS in history.

So in your opinion 2/3rds of our branches of government are the worst state of our entire existence as a nation at the same time due to democrats?

EDIT - I originally thought the judicial branch was cool since conservatives have the SC, but I guess the notion that the DOJ is being weaponized to take down republicans puts that in "worst of all time" territory, too.

As for the house, the roll call is on.  I'll be interested to see if Jordan actually managed to whip up support.  I'm skeptical he did, but I can see the GOP caving in on him before the democrats get a chance to cave in on McHenry or someone along those lines. 

I'm probably just talking to myself here, but did I hear a member of the GOP saying Jim Jordan would cut SS and medicare getting applause from republicans 2 days ago and the same thing getting booed by republicans today when a democrat said it?

Stop the vote!!!

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-20-111424.png]

(10-20-2023, 12:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Stop the vote!!!

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-20-111424.png]

[Image: 1604632887_untitled-design-3.png?impolic...height=356]'

It doesn't seem like Jordan is game to vote over and over again like McCarthy was.  I assume they'll pack it in after this one and Jim will start sending goons to kidnap the children of the GOP holdouts next.

(10-20-2023, 12:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: 1604632887_untitled-design-3.png?impolic...height=356]'

It doesn't seem like Jordan is game to vote over and over again like McCarthy was.  I assume they'll pack it in after this one and Jim will start sending goons to kidnap the children of the GOP holdouts next.

In the time it took to post they are up to 11 "other" votes.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-20-111730.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]

On a more serious note, if Jordan can't win after that speech by McCarthy, he's probably toast. McCarthy is good, I'll give him that. It's also funny hearing him echo the right-wing talking points and bitching about democrats while wondering why they didn't vote for him, but that's just politics.

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023

(10-20-2023, 12:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On a more serious note, if Jordan can't win after that speech by McCarthy, he's probably toast. McCarthy is good, I'll give him that. It's also funny hearing him echo the right-wing talking points and bitching about democrats while wondering why they didn't vote for him, but that's just politics.
Burnt toast at that. He lost before they were halfway through the alphabet

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk