Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building (/Thread-150-Armed-Militia-Members-Take-Over-Federal-Building)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Mike M (the other one) - 01-06-2016

Benton

Eh, Chesimard isn't a founder. She's not even in the country. That's like saying Socrates founded the Confederate States of America since his view and their view of Democracy were similar.

Similar straws with the rest. Williams was a disgruntled ex-employee who tried to elevate his action by making it a racial issue. He wasn't, he was a bad employee. Same with the killing of Kentucky state trooper here several months ago. The shooter was active in BLM. Haven't heard of it? Probably not — the killer did shoot an officer, but his only connection to BLM were dozens of social media entries concerning why people should not be aggressive or attack police.

So, agreed, they aren't a domestic terrorist group.

ThumbsUp

My bad, Chesimard was the inspiration for Garza.

http://www.thefeministwire.com/2014/10/blacklivesmatter-2/

When I use Assata’s powerful demand in my organizing work, I always begin by sharing where it comes from, sharing about Assata’s significance to the Black Liberation Movement, what it’s political purpose and message is, and why it’s important in our context.

Who is Assata?
http://www.liberationink.org/content/assata-unisex

About Assata: On May 2 1973, Black Panther activist Assata Shakur, was pulled over by the New Jersey State Police, shot twice and then charged with murder of a police officer. Assata spent six and a half years in prison under brutal circumstances before escaping out of the maximum security wing of the Clinton Correctional Facility for Women in New Jersey in 1979. Since then, she has been living in exile in Cuba.

AKA Chesimard

Look up "Assata taught me" t-shirts. The Black Lives Matter supporters are wearing them to the peaceful rallies.

dang. lost my connection, fortunately I copied what I sent first.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Vas Deferens - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 09:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which one of those things did not happen?

Nowhere have I called BLM a terrorist organization; I've simply enjoyed the hypocrisy of others trying to prove one is while the other is not.

But somehow you have tasked me with providing links and evidence to try to prove something I never said. I must confess your tactics have me scratching my head. 

Of coarse you didn't call them a terrorist organization.  You just said they tell people to kill LEO's and that they 'terrorized' a library.  The later you indicated you could produce, but haven't out of principle I guess.  If you want to back up your claims, please do.  

Stop scratching you head and say what you mean.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - bfine32 - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 09:33 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Of coarse you didn't call them a terrorist organization.  You just said they tell people to kill LEO's and that they 'terrorized' a library.  The later you indicated you could produce, but haven't out of principle I guess.  If you want to back up your claims, please do.  

Stop scratching you head and say what you mean.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/16/black-lives-matter-protesters-berate-white-student/

Quote:Men and women were pushed and shoved by the group, the newspaper claimed.
Quote:One woman was reportedly pinned to a wall by protesters who shouted “filthy white b–-” in her face.

“The tactics, tone, and words of the Black Lives Matter protesters eerily mirrored everything they claim to stand against,” writes The Review. “The long list of their clear oversteps should spark a moment of reckoning for every honest onlooker, and especially those who have sympathized with their movement to this point.”
One video taken from the incident, published by Campus Reform, showed the contentious scene when dozens of people chanting “black lives matter” overtook an area of the library. One woman is seen raising her middle finger at the camera, while another confronts the camera-holder on whether he believes black lives matter.

They  do not fit my definition of Terrorists because they did not commit a violent act, just blew a lot of hot air. 

Not sure how I've wavered in this or holding back on saying 'what I mean'.  It is just this and other scenarios meet the criteria that the more "open-minded" on here consider terrorism, yet they demonstrate for inconsistency for some reason. 

I could probably list 5 or more reasons that this library scenario is more in line with terrorism than the Oregon case. But why?  I do not consider either an act of terror. 

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Benton - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 09:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Benton

Eh, Chesimard isn't a founder. She's not even in the country. That's like saying Socrates founded the Confederate States of America since his view and their view of Democracy were similar.

Similar straws with the rest. Williams was a disgruntled ex-employee who tried to elevate his action by making it a racial issue. He wasn't, he was a bad employee. Same with the killing of Kentucky state trooper here several months ago. The shooter was active in BLM. Haven't heard of it? Probably not — the killer did shoot an officer, but his only connection to BLM were dozens of social media entries concerning why people should not be aggressive or attack police.

So, agreed, they aren't a domestic terrorist group.

ThumbsUp

My bad, Chesimard was the inspiration for Garza.

http://www.thefeministwire.com/2014/10/blacklivesmatter-2/

When I use Assata’s powerful demand in my organizing work, I always begin by sharing where it comes from, sharing about Assata’s significance to the Black Liberation Movement, what it’s political purpose and message is, and why it’s important in our context.

Who is Assata?
http://www.liberationink.org/content/assata-unisex

About Assata: On May 2 1973, Black Panther activist Assata Shakur, was pulled over by the New Jersey State Police, shot twice and then charged with murder of a police officer. Assata spent six and a half years in prison under brutal circumstances before escaping out of the maximum security wing of the Clinton Correctional Facility for Women in New Jersey in 1979. Since then, she has been living in exile in Cuba.

AKA Chesimard

Look up "Assata taught me" t-shirts. The Black Lives Matter supporters are wearing them to the peaceful rallies.

dang. lost my connection, fortunately I copied what I sent first.
oh I would agree some of the blm activists probably agree with her.

that's nothing like her being a founding member

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - fredtoast - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 02:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I am not very clear as to why the Hammonds were arrested (for starting a fire) in the first place (the Harney County DA reviewed it, and decided that prosecution was unwarranted, and dropped all charges).

Perhaps you should ask the jury that heard all the evidence from both sides and convicted the Hammonds.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - fredtoast - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 02:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:  So far it is a peaceful protest, and they warned the government that it will only become violent if the government makes it a violent situation. No one fears the Bundy's and their militia, what we fear is that the Government will instigate a confrontation and that it will turn into a bloodbath.

Actually many people are complaining that armed thugs are allowed to take over government property without the law stepping in.  They are rightfully concerned about what might happen next if we allow the meaning of the Constitution to be determined by who has the most guns.

When criminals break the law and refuse to surrender peacefully they can not blame the authorities for starting the violence.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - GMDino - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/16/black-lives-matter-protesters-berate-white-student/

They  do not fit my definition of Terrorists because they did not commit a violent act, just blew a lot of hot air. 

Not sure how I've wavered in this or holding back on saying 'what I mean'.  It is just this and other scenarios meet the criteria that the more "open-minded" on here consider terrorism, yet they demonstrate for inconsistency for some reason. 

I could probably list 5 or more reasons that this library scenario is more in line with terrorism than the Oregon case. But why?  I do not consider either an act of terror. 

And after all of this:  Why do you care?

You say you think they are doing something illegal.  You say you don't support their actions.  So terrorist, criminal, whatever your word of choice...why do you care what anyone else calls them?

(01-06-2016, 03:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If these folks have committed violent acts then why haven't the authorities moved in? Remember when the Boston Bomber was holed up in the boat? Why did the authorities move in? He could have been heavily armed or bombed.

Because they want a peaceful resolution.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Nately120 - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 11:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because they want a peaceful resolution.

I want a peaceful resolution, but I DO have weapons and if you do something that I deem worthy of being shot it's your OWN fault!  Ahh, that reminds me of my daily dealings with my 2nd wife!

(01-06-2016, 06:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks have sense back tracked and thrown in you got to be holding a weapon, you've got to truly really mean it, and I have to be afraid of you. (Not sure how much of the population is afraid of these folks in Oregon). I'd be more fearful of folks calling for others to kill LEOs.

No one back tracked on anything.  All we did was explain nthe nuance of the law that you did not understand.

Adding more specific information is not backtracking.  IN order to backtrack you have to withdraw something you originally claimed.  In this case all i did was explian the details that you did not understand.

(01-06-2016, 11:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because they want a peaceful resolution.

They didn't want a peaceful resolution in Boston?

Wonder why they were willing to risk it?

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Rotobeast - 01-06-2016

Because I'm bored and like to poke the bear......

From Oregon/Washington BLM site.....
http://www.blm.gov/or/faq/

Quote:Are there limits on how long I can stay at BLM recreation sites?

The limit for length of stay at BLM recreation sites in Oregon and Washington is 14 days. This applies to all sites, both those that charge fees and those that are free.
Quote:Where can I shoot my gun on BLM public lands?

State and local laws relating to the use of firearms or other weapons apply on public lands due to proximity to residential areas, high recreational use, or other resource concerns.
It is legal to discharge firearms including handguns, rifles, and shotguns on public lands in Oregon and Washington as long as you are outside of designated developed sites and areas that have been closed to shooting due to proximity to residential areas. Consult with the BLM District where you want to shoot to determine which areas are closed. The BLM in the Pacific Northwest does not maintain any designated shooting ranges. While shooting please remember it is illegal to:
  • Create a hazard or nuisance.
  • Dispose of cans, bottles, and other nonflammable trash and garbage except in designated places or receptacles-pack it in, pack it out.
  • Deface, remove, or destroy plants or their parts, soil, rocks or minerals, or cave resources.
  • Deface, disturb, remove, or destroy any personal property, or structures, or scientific, cultural, or archeological or historic resource, natural object, or area.

Quote:I/we are planning a special event at a BLM site. Do I need a permit and if so, how soon can I get one? Will it cost me anything?

If your event takes place on public lands and charges a fee, generates revenues, stages a competition, is advertised, includes a marked course, and/or involves large numbers of people and/or vehicles, you may need a permit from the BLM. For all uses requiring a Special Recreation Permit, you must apply to your local BLM office at least 180 days prior to your event. For more information on permits click here: (link to Permit Page on website) We also encourage you to contact your local BLM office directly.
Quote:Do I have to pay a fee to recreate on BLM lands?

In some areas, fees are required. The use of most trails, undeveloped or primitive recreation sites, and open space is free. Certain highly developed sites such as visitor centers, campgrounds, and group picnic shelters require a fee as established by the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act. For more information on which sites charge fees click here: (link to page on our websites)

They may have to pay a fee.....
Ninja

(01-06-2016, 11:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: And after all of this:  Why do you care?

You say you think they are doing something illegal.  You say you don't support their actions.  So terrorist, criminal, whatever your word of choice...why do you care what anyone else calls them?

I have never seen Bfine fight so hard to defend criminals.

Must be the skin color.  Just look at how he went straight for BLM to prove his point.

(01-06-2016, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They didn't want a peaceful resolution in Boston?

Wonder why they were willing to risk it?

Because the threats of violence in this case have been limited to law enforcement personnel while the Boston bombers were a threat to every citizen in the area.

Not that hard to understand if you just take a minute to think about it.

BTW I could list at least a dozen examples of law enforcement waiting to rush into a violent situation.  there have been many famous "stand-offs" where the police tried to negotiate a peaceful resolution instead of going in guns blazing the first chance they get.

Again, pretty simple for me to see the reason, but not surprised that you don't.

(01-06-2016, 08:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would I be required to provide links and evidence showing BLM as a terrorist organization; when i said they are not? Am I typing it wrong or something? Have you recently suffered a stroke?

Now many here have labeled the protesters in Oregon terrorists and I have queried why the National media has not labeled them as such. I think one person answered (you?) and the answer was the media doesn't want to stir up trouble. No shit; that was the reason given. 

So you are agreeing that the opinion of the media is what controls what you believe?

Are you really sure you want to base your argument on the opinions of the media?  I think that might backfire on you down the road.

(01-06-2016, 11:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because the threats of violence in this case have been limited to law enforcement personnel while the Boston bombers were a threat to every citizen in the area.

Ahhhh....Terrorism. 

Thanks.

(01-06-2016, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ahhhh....Terrorism. 

Thanks.

Thank goodness you finally figured it out.  I was wondering how many times I would have to explain it to you.

You are welcome.  Let me know when I can explain anything else to you.

(01-06-2016, 11:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are agreeing that the opinion of the media is what controls what you believe?

Are you really sure you want to base your argument on the opinions of the media?  I think that might backfire on you down the road.

Fred you were the one that pointed to a quote by a reporter to substantiate your grounds for terrorism.  Of course you haven't backed down for that you just explained "nuances". 

I have no idea where you get the media drives MY opinion.  Let's see if the FBI or White House has labeled it as Terrorism as many here have..........Nope.

Still doesn't change what I believe; nor does a bunch of drivel from left-leaners on Social media. 

(01-06-2016, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fred you were the one that pointed to a quote by a reporter to substantiate your grounds for terrorism. 

And you posted comments from a reporter to support your claim about waht the BLM gang did in a library.  So what is your point.

The media source I cited gave an exact quote from a named source.  It was not a "rumor" or "secondhand".  It was a direct quote from on of Bundy's thugs.

(01-06-2016, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  

I have no idea where you get the media drives MY opinion. 

Because you have pointed to them as proof to support your position about a thousand times in this thread.