Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** (/Thread-2023-NFL-Draft-Thread)

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - WhoDeyK - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A WR who is small and white is legally required to be Wes Welker.  Ninja

Lol my bad. I’m sure there’s a better comp. I just meant I think he’ll turn into a great slot receiver in the NFL. Definitely faster than Welker for sure.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Whatever - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:34 PM)impactplaya Wrote: How many Purdue WRs translate successfully
To the NFL?  Don't like the pick at all.

Rondale Moore.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengalstripes9 - 04-29-2023

Solid pick. 4th round pick. Don't expect starters with late picks. Yet, this guy is highly productive, fast, and can contribute on special teams. Seems like a great depth piece and potential Boyd replacement.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - TheFan - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: In Jones' defense, many scouting reports do believe he's ready to go day 1.

I'm sure he's a good player but I feel like taking Scott or someone you think will get a second contract (with us) makes more sense with your 4th round pick. Especially since they'll have a year to work their way in with being behind the big 3. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:42 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm sure he's a good player but I feel like taking Scott or someone you think will get a second contract (with us) makes more sense with your 4th round pick. Especially since they'll have a year to work their way in with being behind the big 3. 

Scott drops balls.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-29-2023

I tend to question Bengals when they draft OL. But not their WR picks. They tend to hit on those.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Whatever - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:42 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm sure he's a good player but I feel like taking Scott or someone you think will get a second contract (with us) makes more sense with your 4th round pick. Especially since they'll have a year to work their way in with being behind the big 3. 

Thing is, you can only resign so many guys from a draft class.  Murphy and Turner play premium positions and will be penciled in to start next year.  

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - impactplaya - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: Rondale Moore.

Moore has 2 TDs in 2 years. Averages less than 10 yds per catch. 
BTW the Browns drafted another Purdue WR last year 
And he failed to make plays. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - reuben.ahmed - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:36 PM)Nepa Wrote: The Bengals fan who announced the pick was heavily booed, but he did stick a thorn in the sides of those who announced the Steelers' pick, who responded "we're going, we're going, we're going to beat those Bengals."

I think he jabbed the Chiefs before the announcement saying they're hosting the AFC-C game next year or something. So simultaneously pissed off KC and Steelers. **** the steelers anyway.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: I get the reasoning behind the pick. It is a value pick and our WR room after the first three is kinda bare. Plus we need to be finding the heir apparent to Boyd. I just REALLY hope that somehow in the remaining picks we fix the gaping hole in the roster - the worthlessness of the entire RB room. 

I think 3 things are becoming apparent as we go on: 

1) Jonah is going nowhere 
2) Mixon is going nowhere  
3) The team is comfortable with Irv Smith as TE1, and Sample as TE2. 
4) The team is comfortable with T. Williams as RB2. 

I had the first two as likely. I didn't believe Zac when he said 3a, and 3b just ticks me off. I am OK with 4 but we still need help. I am fine with Elliot for Perine. 

4 picks to go: TE, RB, IOL, DT/NT, punter. A big WR or another corner would not shock me. 

I thought the KC loss was due to the OL injuries and lack of receiver depth, primarily. We got Brown in FA and now Jones. Those are uogrades. Secondary cause was pash rush (Murphy). We also added CB help (Scott, Turner, Battle). 

I am pretty pleased. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - BengalFanInCanada - 04-29-2023

You seem to dismiss the possibility that the Bengals simply liked Jones more than Scott.

Jones was ranked higher even with his age downgrade.  He’s simply a better player.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nepa - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think he jabbed the Chiefs before the announcement saying they're hosting the AFC-C game next year or something. So simultaneously pissed off KC and Steelers. **** the steelers anyway.

And he flipped a coin, so jabbed the NFL as well.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengal Dude - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: Thing is, you can only resign so many guys from a draft class.  Murphy and Turner play premium positions and will be penciled in to start next year.  

Turner I can see being penciled in, but not Murphy. Hendrickson and Hubbard will still be under contract in 2024.

(04-29-2023, 02:42 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Solid pick. 4th round pick. Don't expect starters with late picks. Yet, this guy is highly productive, fast, and can contribute on special teams. Seems like a great depth piece and potential Boyd replacement.

Chicken dinner! 

Goid hands, too. 

Obligatory white slot receiver Welker/Amendola comparisons. Get open on 3rd & 5. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - NATI BENGALS - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yeah... That is annoying. Jones over Scott is just a bad decision.

That's Tobin's theory. He would rather consistently hit doubles than the occasional home run. For some reason he is afraid to swing for the home runs which can really piss me off.

But it's not a bad pick. We get a guy who has proven he can be a high volume WR and good returner. Great roster fit. Competition at the back end of WR room and potential returner and potential future #3 taking over for Boyd in the slot.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - THE PISTONS - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:48 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think 3 things are becoming apparent as we go on: 

1) Jonah is going nowhere 
2) Mixon is going nowhere  
3) The team is comfortable with Irv Smith as TE1, and Sample as TE2. 
4) The team is comfortable with T. Williams as RB2. 

I had the first two as likely. I didn't believe Zac when he said 3a, and 3b just ticks me off. I am OK with 4 but we still need help. I am fine with Elliot for Perine. 

4 picks to go: TE, RB, IOL, DT/NT, punter. A big WR or another corner would not shock me. 

I thought the KC loss was due to the OL injuries and lack of receiver depth, primarily. We got Brown in FA and now Jones. Those are uogrades. Secondary cause was pash rush (Murphy). We also added CB help (Scott, Turner, Battle). 

I am pretty pleased. 

Not so sure about 4. Evans might be the backup. Or they sign Zeke.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - George Cantstandya - 04-29-2023

Browns just drafted Watson's replacement for when Mr. Massage gets suspended again. Tongue

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengal Dude - 04-29-2023

Well there goes Thompson-Robinson.

Jones' age does not bother me at all. He can play right away & contribute on ST. Boyd, Higgins, & Chase all missed time last year. Irwin is a great story. Taylor did a good job on ST and will always have that 2PT conversion. And Morgan is a good blocker/ST guy. But we need more guys who makes catches & a bit mire speed. He checks both boxes.

Getting pro-ready older guys rather than projects should suit us just fine. Being a contender.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - TheFan - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 02:49 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: You seem to dismiss the possibility that the Bengals simply liked Jones more than Scott.

Jones was ranked higher even with his age downgrade.  He’s simply a better player.

Scott was just an example and thr first WR that popped to mind. I don't hate the pick and don't know much about him as a player. Just seems odd given how the Bengals have treated the draft and free agency up until this pick (young players who won't be 30) and he goes against all that. 

That said, maybe they see him as a great player and is worth going against convention. Obviously we need a 4th WR so if he's an upgrade over Irwin it's still a win.