Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Rubio: Life begins at conception - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Rubio: Life begins at conception (/Thread-Rubio-Life-begins-at-conception)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - GMDino - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 11:41 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Not sure what this has to do with anything. 

I was replying to his assertion that a baby cannot live outside of the womb, not commenting on what SCOTUS declared was constitutional.

Its a moot argument.  Abortion only covers while the fetus is still int he womb.

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - bfine32 - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 11:41 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Not sure what this has to do with anything. 

I was replying to his assertion that a baby cannot live outside of the womb, not commenting on what SCOTUS declared was constitutional.

You're new here. That guy just likes to post links and pictures/gifs.

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - jakefromstatefarm - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 11:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Its a moot argument.  Abortion only covers while the fetus is still int he womb.

Tell that to him.  It was his argument, not mine. 

I simply suggested that if we were going to justify abortion based on a child's ability to survive without the mother, why does that stop at childbirth?  Do you know many newborn babies that can survive without the care of others?

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - Brownshoe - 08-09-2015

Law is not always correct. There is nothining on this planet that has a beating heart and isn't alive. Just because it can't live as an individual YET does NOT mean it isn't alive and it's own separate person. If someone is alive and someone else kills it that's murder. It's ridiculous to me that animals have more rights than people's unborn children.

(08-09-2015, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're new here. That guy just likes to post links and pictures/gifs.

Yeah, I was a longtime lurker on JN on the old board but never joined.  I followed everyone over here when this board got started up but haven't posted much. 

I do enjoy OT boards though, so I may become more active. 

Always enjoyed your posts on JN, btw.   Rock On

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - StLucieBengal - 08-09-2015

Been many unjust laws over the years that we have had to sort out. Abortion is one of them.

History might actually consider this time as the most violent time in the nation and the world.

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - StLucieBengal - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 11:51 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Yeah, I was a longtime lurker on JN on the old board but never joined.  I followed everyone over here when this board got started up but haven't posted much. 

I do enjoy OT boards though, so I may become more active. 

Always enjoyed your posts on JN, btw.   Rock On

Welcome to the discussions.  

(08-09-2015, 11:46 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Law is not always correct. There is nothining on this planet that has a beating heart and isn't alive. Just because it can't live as an individual YET does NOT mean it isn't alive and it's own separate person. If someone is alive and someone else kills it that's murder. It's ridiculous to me that animals have more rights than people's unborn children.

This.

I fail to understand how the "choice" of one can end the life of another.  People can argue all day long about whether it's a life yet or not, but I think that's hogwash.  Whether you believe it is or not before birth, chances are with our advances in medicine it would be if left the F alone. 

(08-09-2015, 11:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Welcome to the discussions.  

Thanks for the warm welcome. 

It's appreciated.   ThumbsUp

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - GMDino - 08-10-2015

(08-09-2015, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're new here. That guy just likes to post links and pictures/gifs.

Yes.   A link to the actual law being discussed.

Rock On

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - GMDino - 08-10-2015

(08-09-2015, 11:54 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: This.

I fail to understand how the "choice" of one can end the life of another.  People can argue all day long about whether it's a life yet or not, but I think that's hogwash.  Whether you believe it is or not before birth, chances are with our advances in medicine it would be if left the F alone. 

Because it is not your choice to make.  It is the choice of the woman who is pregnant.

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - Brownshoe - 08-10-2015

(08-10-2015, 12:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: Because it is not your choice to make.  It is the choice of the woman who is pregnant.

No one should have the choice to kill another human being unless it's threatening your life, or the life of another.

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - jakefromstatefarm - 08-10-2015

(08-10-2015, 12:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: Because it is not your choice to make.  It is the choice of the woman who is pregnant.

Whatever it takes to justify baby murder, I guess. 

I can go to sleep at night knowing that I have never condoned, justified, or enabled the murder of an innocent baby.  

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 08-10-2015

(08-09-2015, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can appreciate the fact that putting folks in a position as to where they get to make this "choice" can be traumatic.

I can appreciate the fact that some folks in that position "have" to make a choice of adoption, abortion, or keeping the baby can be traumatic.

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - GodHatesBengals - 08-10-2015

This thread confirms one thing, and one thing only:

Abortion debates are the biggest waste of time on the planet.

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - jakefromstatefarm - 08-10-2015

If a baby isn't a "person" by law until birth, and therefore doesn't deserve protection of the law by the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th amendment, then how can a person be charged with killing an unborn baby in an automobile accident?

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - Rotobeast - 08-10-2015

(08-10-2015, 12:21 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: If a baby isn't a "person" by law until birth, and therefore doesn't deserve protection of the law by the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th amendment, then how can a person be charged with killing an unborn baby in an automobile accident?

I'd wager because it's a "wanted" pregnancy.

Welcome to the fray, btw !
ThumbsUp

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - fredtoast - 08-10-2015

(08-09-2015, 11:31 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I don't know many babies outside of the womb that could survive without someone caring for it.

Until the third trimester a fetus can not survive outside the womb no matter how much it is cared for.

Get it now?  "Impossible" is not the same as "possible".

It can not be given individual rights if it is impossible under any circumstances for it to survive as an individual.

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - fredtoast - 08-10-2015

(08-10-2015, 12:21 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: If a baby isn't a "person" by law until birth, and therefore doesn't deserve protection of the law by the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th amendment, then how can a person be charged with killing an unborn baby in an automobile accident?

Because only the mother has the right to make decisions about her own body.

It is the same legal reason you can not be charged with vandalism for destroying your own property.  The mother has the right to make the decision if the fetus is allowed to grow into an individual, but no one else can.

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - StLucieBengal - 08-10-2015

(08-10-2015, 12:19 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I can appreciate the fact that some folks in that position "have" to make a choice of adoption, abortion, or keeping the baby can be traumatic.

I can't imagine this choice. And with the gravity of the choice I can't imagine anyone choosing abortion. But I know it happens often. Girl I dated had this choice and she choose abortion and she says she has flashbacks all the time. She can't shake it