Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Good Night Irene - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Good Night Irene (/Thread-Good-Night-Irene--16635)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Good Night Irene - Dill - 09-05-2018

(09-05-2018, 10:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Man oh man, the notion of using dead veterans as marketing spokespersons (spokespeople?) is the most gloriously cynical thing I can think of.

Especially one killed by friendly fire after criticizing the Iraq War and Bush.

RE: Good Night Irene - BmorePat87 - 09-05-2018

[Image: sQd2Tkp.jpg]

RE: Good Night Irene - bfine32 - 09-05-2018

(09-05-2018, 08:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes we have

"Pat's service, along with that of every man and woman's service, should never be politicized in a way that divides us."

Yesterday you were ripping the family of war hero John McCain to protect your boy, now you are trying to twist the words of the family of war hero Pat Tilman to protect the draft dodger.   What did it take to get you to turn on military families?  A free MAGA hat?

How does suggesting Pat Tillman as a better choice for an athlete who sacrificed everything divide us? Furthermore, I am unsure how I have twisted anyone's words. Are you sure I'm the one twisting words here?

I have zero idea what I did to "protect my boy" in the McCain thread or this thread.

RE: Good Night Irene - GMDino - 09-05-2018

(09-05-2018, 12:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How does suggesting Pat Tillman as a better choice for an athlete who sacrificed everything divide us? Furthermore, I am unsure how I have twisted anyone's words. Are you sure I'm the one twisting words here?

I have zero idea what I did to "protect my boy" in the McCain thread or this thread.

You are using his image for political purposes.

What his wife specifically said should not be done.

Own it.

Nothing like the POTUS attacking a company and being glad their stock went down...

...and in typical Trump fashion posting this the day the stock went back up.  Because that's what stocks do.

(09-05-2018, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: You are using his image for political purposes.

What his wife specifically said should not be done.

Own it.

She actually said “politicized in a way that divides us.”. But don't let the actual quote stop you, Fred, and others from twisting what she said.

(09-05-2018, 12:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: She actually said “politicized in a way that divides us.”. But don't let the actual quote stop you, Fred, and others from twisting what she said.

Can't admit you got caught using a dead soldier's image for your own political purposes.

That's disappointing coming from you.

(09-05-2018, 12:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Can't admit you got caught using a dead soldier's image for your own political purposes.

That's disappointing coming from you.

I know you like to look in the mirror and say "caught him"; however, no political intent on my part. Just find an athlete who gave up his football career to serve his country and paying the ultimate cost to have scarified more that someone alive and well and on Nike's payroll. I will choose to honor the fallen as I see fit and respect the wishes of the survivors.

Can't you admit you only took a portion of MS Tillman's words for your own feeble point?

Would it have been politically devise if I had posted an image of Glen Coffee?

(09-05-2018, 12:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know you like to look in the mirror and say "caught him"; however, no political intent on my part. Just find an athlete who gave up his football career to serve his country and paying the ultimate cost to have scarified more that someone alive and well and on Nike's payroll. I will choose to honor the fallen as I see fit and respect the wishes of the survivors.

Can't you admit you only took a portion of MS Tillman's words for your own feeble point?

Would it have been politically devise if I had posted an image of Glen Coffee?

It's not about *ME*. It's about you.

You selective moral outrage is noted.

(09-05-2018, 01:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: You selective moral outrage is noted.

Yeah, folks can easy look at the back and forth and determining who is feigning moral outrage.

(09-05-2018, 01:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's not about *ME*.  It's about you.

You selective moral outrage is noted.

(09-05-2018, 01:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, folks can easy look at the back and forth and determining who is feigning moral outrage.

"selective" 

RE: Good Night Irene - fredtoast - 09-05-2018

(09-05-2018, 12:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How does suggesting Pat Tillman as a better choice for an athlete who sacrificed everything divide us?

The same exact way that every other post you have made attacking Kaepernick and his cause have divided us.  This is a divisive issue and you have placed your strong opinion on one side.  Now you are using the image of Tillman in the ongoing argument.

Why don't you just contact Tillman's family and tell them what you did.  See how proud they are of what you have done.  Be sure and tell them that you had no intent of politicizing Pats image by making it one of your posts in a political argument thread.  

And if they don't agree with you then attack then just like you did McCain's family.  Isn't that how the draft dodger has taught you to treat war heroes and their families?

(09-05-2018, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The same exact way that every other post you have made attacking Kaepernick and his cause have divided us.  This is a divisive issue and you have placed your strong opinion on one side.  Now you are using the image of Tillman in the ongoing argument.

Why don't you just contact Tillman's family and tell them what you did.  See how proud they are of what you have done.  Be sure and tell them that you had no intent of politicizing Pats image by making it one of your posts in a political argument thread.  

And if they don't agree with you then attack then just like you did McCain's family.  Isn't that how the draft dodger has taught you to treat war heroes and their families?

Any link to where I attacked the McCain family and/or defended Trump in this or the McCain threads?

Also show me a quote where I attacked Kaepernick in this thread or any thread for that matter. I've clearly said he has every right to kneel or to do whatever he wants.

The only change you ever have a chance of making the most feeble point in this forum is changing what others said and even given that advantage you fall short.

I'd have 0 problem telling the Tillman family that I suggested he would be a better role model to use as a sportsman who sacrificed everything for a cause. He I might even tell them we have a little ***** or 2 in the forum squealing abut what they do not know.

(09-05-2018, 04:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd have 0 problem telling the Tillman family that I suggested he would be a better role model to use as a sportsman who sacrificed everything for a cause. He I might even tell them we have a little ***** or 2 in the forum squealing abut what they do not know.

Go ahead.  Post this whole thread for them to read.  I am sure they will be thrilled that you never used their son in any divisive political argument.

Rolleyes

(09-05-2018, 04:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Any link to where I attacked the McCain family and/or defended Trump in this or the McCain threads? 

(09-04-2018, 11:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: WTS, it doesn't change my view that his remembrance was cheapened somewhat by he daughter focusing on Trump.
(09-04-2018, 11:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no doubt that McCain wanted Trump to have no part in his remembrance. Unfortunately, his daughter brought him front and center.

Fredtoast Wrote:I trying real hard by posting bits and pieces of posts

To say that is unfortunate that Meghan's comments brought Trump into the equation is a little different than attacking; at least to the rational person. I'm also pretty sure I've prefaced each with Who the hell am I to say. But let's give you an A for effort.

Still havn't seen anything (bits and pieces of comments, snippets, ect...) to show where I defended Trump or attacked the McCains/Tillmans. So we're going to have to give you an F for comprehension.

(09-05-2018, 06:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To say that is unfortunate that Meghan's comments brought Trump into the equation is a little different than attacking; 

You accused her of cheapening the ceremony.  You accused her of going against her fathers wishes.  I guess in the right wing echo chamber those are "compliments" but in the real world they are insults.

Not man enough to stand behind what you say?

(09-05-2018, 06:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still havn't seen anything (bits and pieces of comments, snippets, ect...) to show where I defended Trump or attacked the McCains/Tillmans. So we're going to have to give you an F for comprehension.

You mean I failed to show how you used Pat Tillmans image as part of a divisive political argument?

Hilarious 

And every comment you made about the McCain funeral was basically.  .  .  

[Image: 21477826593_83c6614d9f.jpg]

(09-05-2018, 06:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You accused her of cheapening the ceremony.  You accused her of going against her fathers wishes.  I guess in the right wing echo chamber those are "compliments" but in the real world they are insults.

Not man enough to stand behind what you say?

They are not compliments nor insults. They are simply observations made by someone who clearly stated he is in no position to judge; so they damn sure weren't attacks.

Of course I' "man enough" (WTF ever that means) to stand behind what I said. I'd just prefer you didn't have me say what you wanted me to say.

Anything on me defending Trump yet or attacking the McCains/Tillmans or are you "man enough" to state you were just talking out of your ass?

RE: Good Night Irene - HarleyDog - 09-05-2018

I've read the BS that Pat Tillman would be the first to kneel in some media. I hope nobody falls for that stuff. Most veterans respect the right to protest as long as your not disrespecting the flag or their bretheren. Media is spinning a hero, not cool. Nobody can speak for a dead man, but I think many veterans who are living have spoken. Kinda ridiculous TBH. Specially when a man judges a situation on it's merits. I can say I'm pretty confident he wouldn't, but that's only my opinion. If he was alive he would tell us his stance. But he's not, so none of us will know.

This is just another political stunt by a mega company to get the cash out of some pockets and skyrocket free publicity. LOL, and we blame Trump for being the one who divides America? I think there are many hands holding the ladle that stirs that pot because it's profitable. And here's the shocker, they don't care about any of us, only our ability to work and produce.